◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,863 comments
That reminds me...

My collection in GT6 is pitiful compared to what I had in GT5. I had almost 400 in GT5, I have less than 200 in GT6.

Played with all these settings and they sure make a difference, I think I will be using the 670 setting.
I am a bit bummed though, my wheel will not stay centered no matter how often I reset. Within one lap it has drifted off to the right about 10 degrees. After a bit of research it seems this is fairly common, I found this link:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11012-G27-losing-its-centering-position-(hardware-fix)
Has anyone here had this issue and did this cure it, it seems straight forward and simple to do.
Thanks.
Wow, that was quick, mine took about 3 months. As nose said, just follow the instructions linked in there. It's pretty straight foreword. Just be careful with the wires when removing the wheel, they are thin. And pro tip so you won't have to open it up again, get blue loctite for the screw's. This will lock them in place so they shouldn't back out from the vibrations.

Y'know, I don't just post in this thread...

EDIT: Make that just over 9,000 posts in total! :D

July 20, 2014 lineup
banners by @Azure Flare

ROUND ONE
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06
(337HP / PP 512) (Racing Hard tires)
at Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course
8 laps (6 minutes of qualifying)
wctrtrmotegieastqp8-gif.189261

photo by @shmibal_GT

ROUND TWO
BMW M4 Coupe
(446HP / PP 517) (Sports Soft tires)
at Apricot Hill Raceway forward
8 laps (6 minutes of qualifying)
apricothilla-jpg.189260

photo by @shmibal_GT

ROUND THREE
GTR-GT500 Base Model '08
(518HP / PP 584) (Racing Hard tires)
at Grand Valley Speedway
6 laps (6 minutes of qualifying)
gvs_zps240eb419-jpg.184905

photo by @Azure Flare

Last edited:
Awesome to see what you guys have been up to! Keep it up :D

I'm in the middle of the "real" racing season, and am getting my fix/seat time in my miata...but I'll be back in the Fall!

Wow, that was quick, mine took about 3 months. As nose said, just follow the instructions linked in there. It's pretty straight foreword. Just be careful with the wires when removing the wheel, they are thin. And pro tip so you won't have to open it up again, get blue loctite for the screw's. This will lock them in place so they shouldn't back out from the vibrations.
And @noseknows36, thanks guys. Gonna head out to shop and do the fix. Thanks for the loctite tip, I was planning on using the blue, I have about ten different types of loctite in stock, it really is one of the best products ever produced,(if used correctly!) I'm also going to mix up some epoxy and put a dab at the shaft as well so hopefully won't have to do this again.:cheers:

Awesome to see what you guys have been up to! Keep it up :D

I'm in the middle of the "real" racing season, and am getting my fix/seat time in my miata...but I'll be back in the Fall!

What/where are you racing again?

I checked out the Miata scene at Summit Point (SCCA / MARRS racing) last weekend - only 50 minutes away from me - it was pretty cool! I may give that a shot through one of the 'rent for the day' companies.

So if I am not mistaken we had 7 finalists last year and 5 this year so 50% of the finalist in the last two years have come from SNAIL. While all the finalists got there with there talent @zer05ive deservers a big shout out for creating an incredible training ground for future real life racers.

Congrats to all who made it this yea and for the rest there is always next year!
While I wish I could say I had the vision and foresight to create what SNAIL has become, I have to admit that it wasn't my intention or goal when I started this thread. :lol: Back then, I was just looking for a way to find more drivers of similar skill to race against. That simple concept, coupled with the desire to test out an interactive format that I had developed over a few months of racing with some friends, soon snowballed into something I could never have envisioned.

And while it's certainly cool that SNAIL has become a breeding ground for GT Academy finalists, I'm much more proud of the fact that we're a breeding ground for discussion, innovation, and collaboration. There are so many people that have contributed to "the cause" over the past two and half years and I truly believe that the selflessness of our members is what separates us from many of the other leagues around. Each and every one of you who have volunteered your time, efforts, and ideas for SNAIL have my heart-felt thanks. :cheers:

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Jul 13 2014
Penalty Rate 75%
Banner by dabneyd

SNOLR Quote for the Week:
15: Track Boundaries:

A:
Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones, brake markers or any other obstacle that is outside the track surface is forbidden, whether time is gained or not.
B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track surface which is defined in this section.
C:
Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc. is part of the track unless otherwise stated herein or by the Stewards / Technical Director. These rumble strips are generally painted a striped pattern. When there is any potential for confusion, a clarification will be issued by the Stewards / Technical Director as to what is considered rumble strip and what is not.
D:
All green painted areas are NOT part of the track unless otherwise stated by the Stewards / Technical Director prior to the race. If the painted area is a color other than green, it will be clarified by the Stewards / Technical Director prior to the track being used for an official S.N.A.I.L. Sunday night event. A change in surface can also mark the edge of the track. If this is the case, it will be determined and announced by the Stewards / Technical Director prior to use for a Sunday night event.
E:
Tarmac/Asphalt or any other kind of surface mentioned above that are situated beyond the normal limits of the track, Run-off areas for example, are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.

F:
The use of shortcuts which are based on bugs in the game is prohibited. The fact that the game will allow you to take shortcuts does not make it legal according to S.N.A.I.L..
G:
Any other way of cheating we haven't thought of is forbidden.

Below are the results of the 8 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 4 incidents on file
AG07WRXTR
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 week probation
Gouletzky
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 3 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points.
  • 8 points total and 3 weeks probation

Division 4 - 2 incidents on file
spyagent1439
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 7 points. 2 weeks probation

Division 6 - 2 incidents on file
JakeDog23
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 11 points doubled to 22 for probation violation, halved back to 11 for self report. 6 weeks probation remain.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, tezgm99 and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Due to a lack of participation the last few times I've raced in the WC division, I think I'll skip racing on Sundays for a while. It's nice to know that I can get a podium every race since there's only three of us racing, but it's not fun like it used to be when we had 10 or so people in there.

Didn't see u on driver list
Is there anything else I need to know other than what I've read in FAQ and the info JLBOWLER sent?

Another question related to the cars. I already have the BMW. Can I use it with the all mods set back to defaults?

Is there anything else I need to know other than what I've read in FAQ and the info JLBOWLER sent?

Another question related to the cars. I already have the BMW. Can I use it with the all mods set back to defaults?
Yes

It seems as though the lineup's missing a couple photos... Use them if you like 'em!

Attachments

• Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Twin Ring Motegi East Course_2.jpg
    Twin Ring Motegi East Course_2.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Twin Ring Motegi East Course_1.jpg
    Twin Ring Motegi East Course_1.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg
    Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 9

ALWAYS worth going into an online lobby ahead of time to check.

The key - AHEAD OF TIME.

:lol:

Does the Saturday night open lobby get a good crowd?

Thanks for the tip with the edit button.

Last edited:
You see the edit button all the way on the right? Try using it.

To answer your question, it depends on who's online and who isn't. There is also the endurance race going on tonight if you want a break from practice for Sunday.

You see the edit button all the way on the right? Try using it.

To answer your question, it depends on who's online and who isn't. There is also the endurance race going on tonight if you want a break from practice for Sunday.
Thanks....

Latest Posts

Back