◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
July ROC Gallery:

R1

@Jakedog23 gets to turn one first followed by @SHOCKY_WELL @jimeez @euclid58 @turnupdaheat @Unleashed @socalnatv @nmcp1 and @Nicktune.

View attachment 199465

View attachment 199466

This time it only took @Nicktune five laps to move through the field and chase down @Jakedog23 for 1st place.
Jake held on for 2nd with @socalnatv 3rd.

View attachment 199469

R2 begins.

View attachment 199470

@nmcp1 leads around the first turn followed by @SHOCKY_WELL @turnupdaheat @euclid58 @jimeez @Unleashed @socalnatv @Jakedog23 and @Nicktune

View attachment 199472

@turnupdaheat powers out of the hairpin in 2nd followed by @socalnatv @euclid58 and @Jakedog23.

View attachment 199476

@Nicktune (in 2nd) after having some early race misfortune, worked his way up the order and finally chased down @nmcp1 with five minutes remaining and then moved into the lead.

View attachment 199480

R3

Once again @SHOCKY_WELL did a great job leading the opening laps followed by @socalnatv @Jakedog23 @Unleashed @nmcp1 @jimeez @turnupdaheat @Nicktune and @euclid58.

View attachment 199482

View attachment 199483

View attachment 199484

Pics look awesome @euclid58.. 👍👍-up!!! :sly:

I thought I read the first post quite throughly and didn't see any information that answered those questions, hence asking them. Maybe my comprehension or proof reading is sorely lacking Dragon, could you quote me the answers to the questions I was asking from the first post because I reread it and still have those questions. But for clarity I was wondering if one person started S.N.A.I.L or a group of people did and who was or is responsible for the various duties involved. Just when did it form and why? Interested and curious that's all.

At the top of post 1 is the founder's name and the date he officially started SNAIL. Highlighted in yellow, in the below picture.

SNAILInception.PNG

At the bottom of the post are links to the answers to the questions "Who is SNAIL?" and the "hierarchy" as you called it, which is a bunch of folks in the Driver's List that volunteer to do the work that keep the league running week in and week out, also highlighted in yellow, in the next picture.

WeAreSNAIL.PNG

I encourage everyone to click those links and save them as bookmarks.

OOwee! And a TOPP too.

Last edited:
FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 03 August 2014

Currently tracking 13 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.

The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.

:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​

The IR Submission Form is now closed.
Any scoop on this topic? :rolleyes: :)

I'm actually pretty low on the Techie totem pole around here. The grand master wizards have essentially retired and those of us still around are just trying to keep the brooms from drowning us all.

Been trying to get data for D2 entered for 2 hours now. Keep getting distracted. Hell with it. Getting some scotch and a smoke. Be back later.

Last edited:
Been trying to get data for D2 entered for 2 hours now. Keep getting distracted. Hell with it. Getting some scotch and a smoke. Be back later.
My husband loves Lagavulin a Single Malt. His favorite. It was $45 a bottle when he first was introduced to it. It is now $90. Lol. Needless to say is an annual Christmas gift.

Proposal to consider to tweak the Prize A, B and C choices in future.

The S.N.A.I.L. rule is : Replace one combo. Change one combo (either track or car). Leave one combo as is.

Current rules ensure all three winners take part in choosing the combos for the next week, but there is an unsatifactory component.

Prize A: Choose new combo (no change)

Prize B: (Now we know it is, most of the time, more satisfactory to choose a car rather than a track - or for me anyway, so, many times Prize B winner "gambles" by passing on the freeze in the hope the Prize C winner freezes the track so that Prize B can choose a new car. Sometimes that gamble backfires - like with the RX7 last week for example). So, my suggestion is that Prize B has the choice of either taking the existing car to a new track OR bringing a new car to the existing track. The negative aspect is that, although the S.N.A.I.L rule has been met, there is nothing left for Prize C now...

Prize C: can we get some suggestions?
- There was one suggestion that prize C can choose tire compounds (one up or down)... for changed combo, maybe?
- Or Prize C gets an automatic entry into the ROC at the end of the season - (problem is he/she might be there anyway)?
- Or......
- Or......

How about some suggestions?
Can you clarify the sentence in bold? The way I read it, it describes what the "freeze" currently does. Or are you saying that he Prize B should not only be able to replace the car or track, but also decide what car or track replaces it? (what Prize B used to be).

As far as Prize B winners taking a "gamble" on passing the freeze, I think that's just part of the deal. If a Prize B winner really felt strongly about freezing or getting rid of a car or track, then they should use their Prize B to do exactly that. Nobody should make assumptions about something if they're not willing to be wrong.

Maybe no prize B or c. Replace one combo every week. SIMPLE....EASY....FAST. That way you get at least two combos you have seen before AND it keeps the costs down...we have allot of new guys...who ware grinding just to keep up.
Keeping two combos the same every week could easily snowball into the same two combos for two weeks in a row. Then the same two combos for three weeks in a row, and so on.. An integral part of the SNAIL formula is that we change out exactly half of our lineup components every week. Click here for an old post that some more of my thoughts on changing that 50% formula up.

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Aug 03 2014
Penalty Rate 50%
Banner by dabneyd
SNOLR Quotes for the Week:
05: Running into the car ahead of you:
A:
The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.

9: Defensive Driving:
A:
Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice. However, they are not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you are responsible.

14: Re-entering to the track after running off:
A:
It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

Below are the results of the 14 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 3 incidents on file
Clutch_800
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 10 points doubled to 20 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.
Xrad-11
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation.
Division 4 - 11 incidents on file
chatva
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 4 - 14 points. 4 weeks probation.
chevron
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points halved to 4 for on-track concession. 2 weeks probation.
Fallen_log
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points doubled to 16 for probation violation.
  • 28 points total and 6 weeks probation remain.
reigninblood1975
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points. 2 weeks probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to JLBowler, Oshawa-Joe and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week. We knocked it out of the park this week!
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings and the Prize Candidates have also changed.
Full final results can be found here.
@zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Hey Everyone,

I wanted everyone to know that I am going to be changing my GTP ID to match my PSN ID. In the next day or so, my GTP ID will change to CoachMK21. I know this will take some getting used to, but I hope it will cut down on some confusion that happens with having different names for each. Thanks!

PS

This was my 1000th post. Kinda cool to make 1000 and stop (as KTR5).

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Penalty Rate 50%
Banner by dabneyd

Clutch_800
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 10 points doubled to 20 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.
Xrad-11
chatva
chevron
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points halved to 4 for on-track concession. 2 weeks probation.
Fallen_log
reigninblood1975

Thanks to JLBowler, Oshawa-Joe and USERID_77a23 for their reviews this week. We knocked it out of the park this week!

These changes affect the final standings and the Prize Candidates have also changed.
@zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​
Great job D6 on a great night:tup:

:PWhat about Prize A changes car OR track from most voted off; and Prize B change the component Prize A did not. Prize C changes EITHER the car or the track for second most voted off combo. :confused:💡:P
Good thought, but I see two problems with that. First of all, that would essentially make Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C all equal prizes. I guess that alone isn't a deal-breaker, but if the Prize B winner pairs the Prize A selection with a car or track that the Prize A winner thinks is a horrendous choice, then it would essentially ruin Prize A. I guess what I'm saying is that Prize A has always had the ability to choose an entirely new combo and it's worked out out well for the most part. I'm not sure if weakening Prize A is worth doing just to increase the value of Prize B or Prize C. Thoughts?

Hey Everyone,

I wanted everyone to know that I *am going to be changing my GTP ID to match my PSN ID. In the next day or so, my GTP ID will change to CoachMK21. I know this will take some getting used to, but I hope it will cut down on some confusion that happens with having different names for each. Thanks!

PS

This was my 1000th post. Kinda cool to make 1000 and stop (as KTR5).

First off congrats on your 1000th post.. :cheers:

I have been wanting to do the same thing! It just makes sense! I have to become a premium member to be able to do so correct? Which I have no problem with, just making sure thats all I need before I upgrade from 87 to 93 octane! So when I make the change, my new GTP ID will be: DCschWinn
Thanks,
-Adam aka "DC"

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Penalty Rate 50%
Banner by dabneyd

Clutch_800
Xrad-11
chatva
chevron
Fallen_log
reigninblood1975

Thanks to all the stewards who reviewed incidents this week!

The results post has been updated to reflect the penalties incurred. This results in new prize winners.

@Dacana and @noseknows36 please make your choices asap. @BayouSimDrifter please wait for Prize B before making your choice.

Good thought, but I see two problems with that. First of all, that would essentially make Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C all equal prizes. I guess that alone isn't a deal-breaker, but if the Prize B winner pairs the Prize A selection with a car or track that the Prize A winner thinks is a horrendous choice, then it would essentially ruin Prize A. I guess what I'm saying is that Prize A has always had the ability to choose an entirely new combo and it's worked out out well for the most part. I'm not sure if weakening Prize A is worth doing just to increase the value of Prize B or Prize C. Thoughts?
What if instead of voting for least favorite, we voted for favorite and that is the only one to remain, and then prize a picks a whole new combo, prize b picks a car or track, and prize c picks what is left? That keep prize a strong with some good influence that is somewhat equal for b and c. Also would create lots of new combos

Thanks to all the stewards who reviewed incidents this week!

The results post has been updated to reflect the penalties incurred. This results in new prize winners.

@Dacana and @noseknows36 please make your choices asap. @BayouSimDrifter please wait for Prize B before making your choice.
Patiently waiting :D

All this talk of trying to change the prizes is pointless. The system works great for how it is.

Back