◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,818 comments
SNAIL MAZADASPEED SPEC MIATA Series (proposed)

Now...I need an electronic show of hands from all interested in racing in BEGINNERS MAZADASPEED NA/SNAIL on Monday nights after dinner. I would propose that it be limited to drivers of Divisions 5-8 to keep it a beginners series with the primary purpose of providing the necessary seat time for the formative period when we develop our race craft. Of course a few "tame" aliens would be be very helpful to provide "adult" supervision.

Format will be similar to the UK series with the exception to there being three races. Two races of 15 minutes followed by a 30 minutes race. All races will have appropriate short qualifications prior to their Grid start. My feeling is that the ability to pace oneself is very important and for many many years the SCCA utilized the 30 minute race for that very reason.... thus the addition of the 30 minute SCCA type race.

If you are really interested and might wish to host this proposed series PM me please.

Edit: it has been suggested that we allow drivers from higher divisions.....perhaps... but with the proviso that Alien Ballast or PP/Power handicaps be applied (with no appeal ...lol). The point is to learn while having a ton of fun...not get frustrated while some SNAILIEN vanishes into the sunset

Edit II : you will note I have deleted BEGINNER from the Series title. We will allow all to enter but either will impose a handicap by Division or a Success penalty or both to make this VERY VERY COMPETITIVE RACING FOR ALL.

Last edited:
#STBT Topic - What was the first album you remember buying?

Mine was a Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet cassette. I was nine years old and I couldn't stop singing Livin' on a Prayer :lol:

66d1e1322d932c263d61e42f8b816c0f.jpg

(not my picture)
Michael Jackson - Thriller

#STBT Topic - What was the first album you remember buying?

Mine was a Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet cassette. I was nine years old and I couldn't stop singing Livin' on a Prayer :lol:

66d1e1322d932c263d61e42f8b816c0f.jpg

(not my picture)
Man, it's hard to remember that far back. I think the first rock album I ever bought was the Beattles '62-'66. First Metal album was Metallica's Master of Puppets...i actually found that in a parking lot but it changed my life. LOL. First Jazz album was Miles Davis Kind of Blue. First blues was SRV Couldn't Stand the Weather. Before the Beattles and Metallica all I listend to was classical.
beatles-1962-66-red-cover-art--200.jpeg
mmop-300x300.jpeg
114763605.jpeg
couldnt-stand-the-weather-4fcf8f192d949.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys and all your sweet music. I just bought some albums yesterday. Technically not a throwback but the first album was released in '66 and the second is a remastered one that was out in '11
View attachment 213288
View attachment 213289
And then we have the music that makes up most of my playlist on my phone. The rest is on iTunes.
View attachment 213290
You have all the wrong Metallica albums.

The first cassette tape I ever bought was:
Green Day - Dookie

My first cassette was Britney Spears "baby, one more time" because I thought she was beautiful. I kid you not :lol: I didn't give a s*** about her music. I was around 6 years old at the time...

On the topic of mx-5's, I love tuning them in GT and I wish I could find some sort of miata series on GTP to take part in...

[QUOTE/]="Jakedog23, post: 10023807, member: 231791"]Well I am getting a wheel!!!!
I just don't know which one that will be good on the wallet and be good on track. We found a Thrustmaster T100 FFB wheel and I wanted to ask how how does it compare to the DGFT[/QUOTE]
Haven't used the T100 but for the money I am happy with the dfgt, though after a while the brake pedal began to stick on, applying about 5% braking all the time. It is a fairly common occurrence and I think is do to dirt/fuzz being built up over time and a weak spring. it is usually fixable while driving by just tapping the pedal once you notice decreased acceleration. Once I took the pedal board and cleaned it the problem went away. as fa as the most common complaint , pedal feel, you can make a wedge shaped foam insert and place it beneath the pedal for some added resistance. There are videos on you tube for this and other mods. Right now my pedals are unmodified stock. Hope this helps.
Sorry for the messed up quote, posting from phone.

Last edited:
QUOTE="Jakedog23, post: 10023807, member: 231791"]Well I am getting a wheel!!!!
I just don't know which one that will be good on the wallet and be good on track. We found a Thrustmaster T100 FFB wheel and I wanted to ask how how does it compare to the DGFT
Haven't used the T100 but for the money I am happy with the dfgt, though after a while the brake pedal began to stick on, applying about 5% braking all the time. It is a fairly common occurrence and I think is do to dirt/fuzz being built up over time and a weak spring. it is usually fixable while driving by just tapping the pedal once you notice decreased acceleration. Once I took the pedal board and cleaned it the problem went away. as fa as the most common complaint , pedal feel, you can make a wedge shaped foam insert and place it beneath the pedal for some added resistance. There are videos on you tube for this and other mods. Right now my pedals are unmodified stock. Hope this helps.
Sorry for the messed up quote, posting from phone.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the feedback. I was looking into a DGFT on Amazon that was 165ish and I like paddle shifters so I wanted the paddle accessory for it but that pushed the price to 215 which was to expensive for me.

Sorry for the messed up quote, posting from phone.
Thank you for the feedback. I was looking into a DGFT on Amazon that was 165ish and I like paddle shifters so I wanted the paddle accessory for it but that pushed the price to 215 which was to expensive for me.[/QUOTE]

The buttons on the back of the wheel work well enough to be usable but you're right, they aren't actual paddles. That doesn't seem to bother me too much, and once again, there are people who have modded that themselves. Not ideal, I would love a T500 or G27, but as a first wheel I am happy with my purchase. Regardless of which you choose, good luck, a wheel makes it so much better!

Last edited:
-Attention Division 3-
@AJKVail, @alienracing, @Drgreenthumb977, @dubiousOne, @Falango, @FloptaStr8, @GGGMotorsport, @gotdirt410sp, @Loxley, @noseknows36, @RACECAR, @Schmiggz, @socalnatv, @STRDUBBS13, @Subiepig, @turnupdaheat

In light of not having a official Thursday night practice, I'm calling out to ALL D3 racers to meet me in a 'friends only' room I will open on Thursday night at 10pm ET / 7pm PT to test a 'fixed host' room setting to see if we can resolve the issue of people that can't see each other. I encourage EVERYONE to join in this test, especially the ones that had issues this past Sunday or in the past. I don't want to have anymore issues and I sure don't want to have a few of you not be able to race because of not being able to see other on the track after practicing during the week and show up to race and can't because of these issues.

So please, make a concerted effort to join. Even if you can't stay for long, just joining for the test will help.
It's up to all of you to make Sunday night go smooth, not just me.

Once the test is all done, which should not take very long if everyone shows up on time, we will have practice.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation:cheers:
I'll be there for the test but will pass on the practice tonight.

Well I am getting a wheel!!!!
I just don't know which one that will be good on the wallet and be good on track. We found a Thrustmaster T100 FFB wheel and I wanted to ask how how does it compare to the DGFT
Save a bit more, just get the G-27!
You will anyway, I went thru two DGFTs' then got the way better G-27 and it is smoother and has out lived two DGFT's.

Yes the brake begins to drag and is a easy fix, flip it over, pull it apart and take out that spring and with two pliers pull it open and pull further then stock and you actually increase the pressure (tension) giving a better feel?

Last edited:
I'm probably going to pick up a T300 once it and either Project Cars or Drive club release. Heard on a review that when you use it on ps3 it is recognized as a t500 and is compatible with all the t500 accessories

Back