◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,895 comments
Some shots from D2

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_6.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_8.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_7.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_9.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_13.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_11.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_14.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_15.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_10.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_17.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_12.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_19.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_16.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_20.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_21.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_23.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_22.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_18.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_24.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_25.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_26.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_27.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_28.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__2.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__3.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__1.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_29.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__4.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__5.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__6.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__7.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__12.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__10.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__8.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__9.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__11.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg Nürburgring GP_D__13.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_6.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_7.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_8.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_10.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_12.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_13.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_16.jpg Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_17.jpg

Big thanks to the D8 group for some highly respectable driving. Everyone was courteous and gave plenty of room.

Even though I was in 2nd, I was rooting for @DCschwinn (as we all were) to win that last one. Spinning out on the last lap after leading the whole race is a bummer...I had to pass him at that point :)

@SHOCKY_WELL seemed like he won every race :) I was looking at the back of his car quite often.

Look forward to next week.

Big thanks to the D8 group for some highly respectable driving. Everyone was courteous and gave plenty of room.

Even though I was in 2nd, I was rooting for @DCschwinn (as we all were) to win that last one. Spinning out on the last lap after leading the whole race is a bummer...I had to pass him at that point :)

@SHOCKY_WELL seemed like he won every race :) I was looking at the back of his car quite often.

Look forward to next week.

Good racing with you last night, welcome to D8.:cheers:

I know this is a double post. But I gotta do it.

DCschwinn, your time is coming buddy. Just gotta hang in there, you're so close. Patience is your new best friend now. I'm gonna push you to practice more than you ever have this week. Everyone noticed the improvements and we all agreed that something changed in your performance last night. I think it was all the practice. One of the hardest things (even in real motor racing) is to hold a narrow lead going into the last turn on the last lap. The more you put yourself in that position the better you get at it.

I know you feel bad, but don't. You drove your ass off last night, kept it clean and respectful and I for one am proud to be in D8 with you and to be your friend. I just hope I'm close to you when you cross the line for the win, maybe 2nd. or 3rd.

Last edited:

And I thought I stayed up late Pete! :lol:

Thanks for those brilliant pics. They really reflect what was a great night of action and close racing. You were unlucky in that last race as you were certainly stronger in that combo. Once the rear starts to slide like that it is tricky to catch

I know this is a double post. But I gotta do it.

DCschwinn, your time is coming buddy. Just gotta hang in there, you're so close. Patience is your new best friend now. I'm gonna push you to practice more than you ever have this week. Everyone noticed the improvements and we all agreed that something changed in your performance last night. I think it was all the practice. One of the hardest things (even in real motor racing) is to hold a narrow lead going into the last turn on the last lap. The more you put yourself in that position the better you get at it.

I know you feel bad, but don't. You drove your ass off last night, kept it clean and respectful and I for one am proud to be in D8 with you and to be your friend. I just hope I'm close to you when you cross the line for the win, maybe 2nd. or 3rd.
Absolutely, that was DC's best night. I was in third that whole race and couldn't catch you guys....till the last lap wipeout.

First autocross was yesterday - it was an early morning, and I had a great time. I forgot about seasonal allergies and missed racing last night. :( But I DID have a great time! 👍

Course was pretty fast, the squares are where some of the concrete/driving lanes that the organizers have to plan around at the Bowie Baysox stadium.

iHPPzPH.jpg

Ready to queue up...

HgfKlIa.jpg

Moving to the line...

duBYSgO.jpg

Hit the apex on Turn One....

YQXCdFB.jpg

Throttle steer into gates...

HAYRCX2.jpg

Finish in the timing box - do NOT hit the cone at the end! (no, I didn't)

NYpiKu2.jpg

Get back in line! (6 runs each, took about 19 minutes for 27 drivers per lap, including red-flag moments), 2 hours for am group, 2 hours for pm group, 3-4 fun runs at the end.

CIngnJL.jpg

I started at a pedestrian 61 seconds, then lunged, waggled, oversteered, and eventually looked decent at a 53 second mark. The crazy good guys were fighting it out at 48.0-49.2. I ran a 52.4 in my first fun run. I'll definitely do this again!

:gtpflag:

First autocross was yesterday - it was an early morning, and I had a great time. I forgot about seasonal allergies and missed racing last night. :( But I DID have a great time! 👍

Course was pretty fast, the squares are where some of the concrete/driving lanes that the organizers have to plan around at the Bowie Baysox stadium.

iHPPzPH.jpg

Ready to queue up...

HgfKlIa.jpg

Moving to the line...

duBYSgO.jpg

Hit the apex on Turn One....

YQXCdFB.jpg

Throttle steer into gates...

HAYRCX2.jpg

Finish in the timing box - do NOT hit the cone at the end! (no, I didn't)

NYpiKu2.jpg

Get back in line! (6 runs each, took about 19 minutes for 27 drivers per lap, including red-flag moments), 2 hours for am group, 2 hours for pm group, 3-4 fun runs at the end.

CIngnJL.jpg

I started at a pedestrian 61 seconds, then lunged, waggled, oversteered, and eventually looked decent at a 53 second mark. The crazy good guys were fighting it out at 48.0-49.2. I ran a 52.4 in my first fun run. I'll definitely do this again!

:gtpflag:

very nice Porsche you have there I hope to own one some day

@Handlebar very nice Porsche you got there. They are made for autocross and track with their lovely handling lol. Are you running with the Porsche Club of America (PCA) too?? I did couple autocross with them before and they were a fun club at least in CA :)

Yes
@HandlebarAre you running with the Porsche Club of America (PCA) too?? I did couple autocross with them before and they were a fun club at least in CA :)

Yes, the only group I have run my two events with so far has been the PCA.

I do plan on checking on the SCCA in the area for autocross as well. I am still getting my feet wet.

Yes

Yes, the only group I have run my two events with so far has been the PCA.

I do plan on checking on the SCCA in the area for autocross as well. I am still getting my feet wet.
AWSOME!!! Man, you picked a clean ride! Glad to see you got into something before the end of the season. Don't expect as many runs with the SCCA group. My experience has been that you get 4 runs. I think some area's had fun runs after, but never at an event I attended. Classing kinda sucks too. There is a chance being in a porsche you will have competition in your class, but I had to moddify my Rx7 to fit a class that actually had people to race against at the event.
You need to get a camera strapped into that thing, get us some action video.

SCCA offers only 4 runs but how long is each run??? The PCA offers 8 practice runs and 4 final runs and the course is about 70-90 seconds long.

I'm in for some onboard as well @Handlebar!

I'm hoping to take my STi out to the track and maybe some AutoX as well next summer. Will definitely be doing upgraded brake pads, fluid, and lines before I do so though.

Does anyone have a good grasp on what the weather settings actually do. I want to create an event that over the course of 2 hours has a good chance for rain but that it is not a certainty. What settings would achieve that?

The 24 hour race we ran was set at 30% with change of 2. It made for threats of rain but no rain. It was definantly interesting. We had fog, clear skys, dark overcast, and light clouds.

The 24 hour race we ran was set at 30% with change of 2. It made for threats of rain but no rain. It was definantly interesting. We had fog, clear skys, dark overcast, and light clouds.
do you know what change actually does? and what does the 30% equate to? A 30% chance of something? it is a little confusing

Back