◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,843 comments
close racing in D3 at indy....almost had you aubdog!

Superspeedway---Indy.jpg

Go Balls Deep!

good night of racing in D2. I loved the 2nd combo and 3rd (which was deceiving in difficulty) but I disliked Spa. The first corner was so severe that it created gaps in the field almost instantly and drafting in the little Lotus was worthless. I can't recall ever a race there that I've been apart of where the field finished together with a few seconds. That track tends to pair 2 to 3 drivers up and mini battles ensue.

I can't recall ever a race there that I've been apart of where the field finished together with a few seconds. That track tends to pair 2 to 3 drivers up and mini battles ensue.
It was the opposite in D1...9 cars finished within 4 seconds.You always had someone to battle.It was quick... 4 or 5 racer went in the 2:42.It was awesome!!

Last edited:
It was the opposite in D1...9 cars finished within 4 seconds.You always had someone to battle.It was quick... 4 or 5 racer went in the 2:42.It was awesome!!

There were a lot of close races, I can't wait for the spreadsheet to get updated!

good night of racing in D2. I loved the 2nd combo and 3rd (which was deceiving in difficulty) but I disliked Spa. The first corner was so severe that it created gaps in the field almost instantly and drafting in the little Lotus was worthless. I can't recall ever a race there that I've been apart of where the field finished together with a few seconds. That track tends to pair 2 to 3 drivers up and mini battles ensue.

I'm sorry that I wasn't there to give you hell. I've had good success at Spa.

D3 had some really tight races with lots of position exchanges on Spa. That was a lot of fun both races.

Unfortunately I was having connection problems before the races and I was scared something would happen during racing. At first it was fine, I was able to race both races with the Lotus but the moment the first race with the Challenger happened, about 20 seconds into the race, I get disconnected from PSN and couldn't log back in. :( Hope everyone had fun racing!

First race at Spa last night. I got the pole. Woot.

First corner, and I pushed too hard and the back end got out. So I went from 1st to last (9th). I raced back up to 6th. The two infront of me got into each other and I was able to get by them. I was too far away from 3rd to take him, until he made a mistake and I was able to close. Then I was able to race by.

Might not've been fun for anyone else, but I enjoyed it.

First race at Spa last night. I got the pole. Woot.

First corner, and I pushed too hard and the back end got out. So I went from 1st to last (9th). I raced back up to 6th. The two infront of me got into each other and I was able to get by them. I was too far away from 3rd to take him, until he made a mistake and I was able to close. Then I was able to race by.

Might not've been fun for anyone else, but I enjoyed it.

I would have gotten that pole if nateral didn't P.I.T. me at the chicane before the finish. I was 2 seconds ahead of the first time I set lol, would have been good. He's spun me a few times. We got to get him into tutoring.

The challenger was my favorite because of how the line evolved as the tires worsened. It truly became more challenging.
I agree. This tire wear business really adds a new element. Besides maybe two other combos, most of our races tire wear hasn't been a concern. It really left me struggling in theblast few laps at Indy. I need to practice being more smooth there. Those last two combos, would be nice to see them go on. Though one will have to be broke up.

I would have gotten that pole if nateral didn't P.I.T. me at the chicane before the finish. I was 2 seconds ahead of the first time I set lol, would have been good. He's spun me a few times. We got to get him into tutoring.

For the record. This isn't something hat should be taught. Its posted in the. GTP OLR as well as the SNAIL OLR. It should have aleady been read and understood. At no point should anyone be close enough to another to impede on them, let alone PIT another during qualifying. Its not a race during qualifying, all your doing is hurting yourself and the person your "racing" and have to possible effect or affecting others and ruining their qualifying time as well. Racing during qualifying to me is irresponsible behavior and should be avoided.

Rally's right. Tutoring is not there to teach people how not to wreck others, it's just to gain speed, consistency, etc.

The penalty/steward system is present not (just) to penalize racers, but to ensure good racecraft. At the very least, make sure to send him a PM regarding any oncidents. If it happens again next week, bring it to the stewards!

Rallywagon
I agree. This tire wear business really adds a new element. Besides maybe two other combos, most of our races tire wear hasn't been a concern. It really left me struggling in theblast few laps at Indy. I need to practice being more smooth there. Those last two combos, would be nice to see them go on. Though one will have to be broke up.

The tire wear was killing me last night. By the end of Indy, I was down to two red hairlines and cornering at only 115 mph. The Challenger beat on me as well, it's more the Champ and I was the Chump.

Truth in disclosure: was first time I tried a wheel for all 6 races.

Keep at that wheel. It will help save those tires once your used to it. I also was red and near red on my tires. Cmbeal, diabolic and spooble seemed to do well though. I got lucky not to get tracked down by spooble in the 5th race. They managed to keep enough tires to still be blazing around the turns at Tue 160s. I was managing 140s on the last couple of laps.

I too was running maypops the last few laps at Indy. Tires were so bald, thought they may pop at any time.

Back