◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,569 comments
  • 21,703,453 views
Was hoping to get home sooner to post this reminder but...
Magic Lap racing will be tonight, June 22th, at 10PM EDT.

Theme: British Classics - A chance to drive the British cars that made automotive history, from the Jaguar E-Type to the Lotus Elise. Choose anything you think is significant, which in GT5 is pretty much every British car. Perhaps avoid the Vauxhalls.

Track: Top Gear Test Track
Car Restriction: Origin - UK


We had a lot of fun last week with this theme, with a lot of close calls but no collisions in the cross through at the Test Track. We only had about four people racing at a time though, so I'm hoping for more participation tonight.
 
Last edited:
Was hoping to get home sooner to post this reminder but...
Magic Lap racing will be tonight, June 22th, at 10PM EDT.

Theme: British Classics - A chance to drive the British cars that made automotive history, from the Jaguar E-Type to the Lotus Elise. Choose anything you think is significant, which in GT5 is pretty much every British car. Perhaps avoid the Vauxhalls.

Track: Top Gear Test Track
Car Restriction: Origin - UK


We had a lot of fun last week with this theme, with a lot of close calls but no collisions in the cross through at the Test Track. We only had about four people racing at a time though, so I'm hoping for more participation tonight.

I'll be there again, just as soon as they announce the verdict in the Jerry Sandusky case. I had a ton of fun with this combo last week.
 
yOovk.jpg


Room Open! (banner in progress)

1472-6681-3759-3054-4278


EDIT: I hate the summer lull because after the summer I won't really be able to do this anymore. :/
If you're interested in this, now is the time to race, because I go back to school in September...
 
Last edited:
Anyone seen the Turtle Racing thread? I had the weirdest feeling of deja vu reading it.
 
diabolicwyvern
Anyone seen the Turtle Racing thread? I had the weirdest feeling of deja vu reading it.

Umm yeah. A very strange sense of deja vu.
 
Well after two hours of nothing, we had some fun tonight after all. :)
 
Anyone seen the Turtle Racing thread? I had the weirdest feeling of deja vu reading it.

I want to say something, but it seems that even dignifying it legitimizes it. :rolleyes:

Also, I had a friend do this for me;

646wp.jpg
 
I was ready to post in the turtle people thread, but I didnt want it bumped for any reason.
 
Yeah. They sure do seem good at the copy and paste. If I had to guess, they studied us really hard, as they tried to iron out some kinks we have had (like the amateur and and "x"pert divisions.) Hell. They even did the 100 point scoring system. Like I told zero, you know you got a good thing when others want to copy you. What does suck, when a great racers and contributor jumps ship. Mutinous fools.
 
There does seem to be a lot of copy and paste. On the positive side they do more endurance type events which removes the need to be aggressive at every corner. Not sure how they will fill 5 divisions with 5 drivers.
 
Oshawa-Joe
Not sure how they will fill 5 divisions with 5 drivers.
lol they'll be playing with themselves lol! Sorry still not fully awake
 
I won't be racing tomorrow. The mother-in-law is staying with us this weekend and so I'll be expected to "entertain" her instead of myself.

Have fun!
 
I haven't practiced much this week. Probably best I don't race Sunday night. See you next week.
 
I haven't practiced much this week. Probably best I don't race Sunday night. See you next week.

Come on, that is a weak excuse. :P
 
On a happy note, I have set up my wheel at last. Dropped 2 seconds at Indy alone.

Gonna run some practice in one of our lounges in a couple (D1, I think for practicing a regular event?), this augurs well.
 
Vol Jbolaz
Come on, that is a weak excuse. :P

I'm not a very experienced racer or pro like some guys. I need the practice in order to avoid any incident.
 
I'm not a very experienced racer or pro like some guys. I need the practice in order to avoid any incident.

C'mon, Joe. You already know the lotus/spa. The oval doesn't take any "perfecting" of tricky corners. And the Challenger is going to be ugly regardless. :)
 
Going to attempt my wheel again but 99% chance I'll but using my controller for Sunday. 65% chance of attending tonight's lotus race! 10pm est start?
 
I'll race if I get home in time to get an hour of practice first.
 
Going to attempt my wheel again but 99% chance I'll but using my controller for Sunday. 65% chance of attending tonight's lotus race! 10pm est start?

Yep, 10pm est. Hope you can make it!
 
Hey guys..won't be able to race for a long time. Getting a divorce and moving in the next few weeks , maybe month to come. I'll let you know when I can come back to racing.
 
Anyone want to get on at 10 eastern to practice the Sunday's races?
 
Anyone want to get on at 10 eastern to practice the Sunday's races?

I'll be driving in beals race. Will check in when done though.
 
Hey guys..won't be able to race for a long time. Getting a divorce and moving in the next few weeks , maybe month to come. I'll let you know when I can come back to racing.

Hey Jeff, sorry to hear about that, all the best.

I've moved you to the On Hold section of the drivers list. If you have any time, feel free to pop in and race for a bit. Monday Mayhem is a good stress reliever :)

Drivers List updated.
 
Hey all,

Promotion and relegation this week won't be done until much later tonight or first thing in the morning. Sorry for the delay but, I'm racing with cmbeal tonight in his Lotus Elise 111R RM Challenge.
 
I'll race if I get home in time to get an hour of practice first.

Good stuff Joe, I'll make you as a maybe in case you can't make it. Hope you get on track tomorrow :)
 
I won't be racing tomorrow. The mother-in-law is staying with us this weekend and so I'll be expected to "entertain" her instead of myself.

Have fun!

Not sure how I missed this AP, sorry about that.

Drivers list updated.
 
JeffHarris
Hey guys..won't be able to race for a long time. Getting a divorce and moving in the next few weeks , maybe month to come.
So sorry to hear that man.

In the interest of avoiding this myself I will be unable to attend the race tonight. I will be on later to test my wheel setup idea
 
Last edited:
I'm not gonna be able to race tomorrow. The backup wireless router I'm using doesn't have enough power to keep a solid connection through a few walls. The lag was worse than when I last raced. Hopefully I can get another one by next week.
 
Ended up dropping about 2 sec per track - I hope to refine a bit more tomorrow am. I am taking wife to theater tomorrow (a matinee - I do think ahead!), and am looking forward to improving further.

Best wishes all - sorry to hear of the downturn, Jeff. Good luck.
 
Back