◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,773 comments
Xrad is hosting an endurance race at Willow Springs with the Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08 for 2 hours. 579 PP with 503 HP. Club only in CMBeal's SNAIL Enduro Club room.

I have a question...
Last night in the race of champions that was ahead of me by about 200 feet went off track and managed to come back in promptly but obviously half the speeday I was coming and placed himself right in the middle of the track. When I got to his tail, I was still a nice 15/20 mph faster than him but since he placed himself in the very middle of the track I had no room to pass him.
Important note, he didn't wave or move to side to clearly block me.
Was his positioning in the very middle of the track legal or is also considered a blocking maneuver?
Thanks.

If a racer leaves the track( more than 2 tires off) it is their responsibility to re enter safely. That means cars on the track aproaching the reentered car should not have to lift off, swerve or brake at any time for the car entering. If the approaching cars have to take an evasive action to avoid the entering car, that's a penalty

Last edited:
Question: are the onscreen (unseen) vehicle boundaries exactly the same from vehicle to vehicle? I'm thinking about making some sort if visual guide to place over my tv screen that will be more instinctively recognizable.
I drive exclusively in the "hood/roof" view to have that extra bit of spacial reference...

If a racer leaves the track( more than 2 tires off) it is their responsibility to re enter safely. That means cars on the track aproaching the reentered car should not have to lift off, swerve or brake at any time for the car entering. If the approaching cars have to take an evasive action to avoid the entering car, that's a penalty
That I already know ;)

He said that u would take care of everything

Not sure why he told you that...

S.N.A.I.L. Driver Status Policy...
Any driver who is currently considered to be inactive may become active at any time by contacting @JLBowler and completing a new time trial for division placement if requested.

Compton used to race as Floydlovesbrit. He's not a new SNAIL.

👍👍

I'm thinking @JLBowler may not realize that you used to be an active member. :)

Send @JLBowler a PM. He'll get you sorted 👍

I told him to go through the new driver process due to changes in user names for both PSN and GTP. This is to ensure that we have an accurate time trial and accurate spellings for all his new user ID's.

I told him to go through the new driver process due to changes in user names for both PSN and GTP. This is to ensure that we have an accurate time trial and accurate spellings for all his new user ID's.
So what next. So how do I do it since things has changed

I would like to join in this Sunday race nmpc1

@GTP_Compton3

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Last edited:
I would get moving on this if you want to race tomorrow night. We have a deadline (23:59 ET Saturday night) for drivers to have their information in to race Sunday (tomorrow) and you still have to run the new time trial. Instructions will be provided in the conversation you start once you have completed the steps necessary for in game club membership which will also be provided in the conversation you start with the SNAIL admins.

SnailCapture_zpse62b9a89.jpg

I'm finding it hard to believe that, as of this weekend, a whole year has past since I joined SNAIL. It must be true that time flies when you are enjoying yourself even if you adjust to some strange sleep patterns to facilitate it! :lol:

Like any life experience, my time with SNAIL has been full of highs and lows but there has never been a dull moment. In the early days particularly I was guilty of some stupid careless driving but racing regularly with this fine group has helped me improve my racecraft and consistency and I will always strive to continue that improvement. That regular racing is key and I always enjoy racing with, despite often being beaten by, guys from all Divisions in various practice rooms throughout the week and I believe the benefits of multi division practice rooms far outweigh the negatives.

So, as we head in to the first Sunday of a new year and a new season I'd like to wish you all the best of luck. A racing league wouldn't be worthwhile without racers and while obvious and heartfelt thanks go to the management and all members of Team SNAIL I want to thank everyone in all divisions for your contribution to making SNAIL the success it is.

There are a couple of Time Trials that will be closing in less than an hour. Get in there while you still can!

Current Leader Boards for those TTs are as follows;

TT1-2014-12-14.PNG

TT2-2014-12-14.PNG

Good luck and have fun!

Sorry, Ive been away for awhile. Where do you find the info for the Time trials above? Like start and end times? Hoping to get back into GT6.
You will have to become a club member before you can run the Club TTs and be included in our Leader Boards. If you wish to race in Sunday league night, state your intent here on the thread and @nmcp1 will respond and get you started down that road. If all you wish to do is run the TTs without racing on Sunday night, send me a PM stating that intent and I'll get you rolling down that road.

I'd like to join :)

@WestRoadZ

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I'm finding it hard to believe that, as of this weekend, a whole year has past since I joined SNAIL. It must be true that time flies when you are enjoying yourself even if you adjust to some strange sleep patterns to facilitate it! :lol:

Like any life experience, my time with SNAIL has been full of highs and lows but there has never been a dull moment. In the early days particularly I was guilty of some stupid careless driving but racing regularly with this fine group has helped me improve my racecraft and consistency and I will always strive to continue that improvement. That regular racing is key and I always enjoy racing with, despite often being beaten by, guys from all Divisions in various practice rooms throughout the week and I believe the benefits of multi division practice rooms far outweigh the negatives.

So, as we head in to the first Sunday of a new year and a new season I'd like to wish you all the best of luck. A racing league wouldn't be worthwhile without racers and while obvious and heartfelt thanks go to the management and all members of Team SNAIL I want to thank everyone in all divisions for your contribution to making SNAIL the success it is.
Great post and an even better pic! It even had one single candle! Couldn't have been more perfect!! :)

Back