◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,928 comments
Took a look at the link - Thank you, Sir. However, in the text it said that the game data would be deleted from the source PS3. That sort of killed the idea. Guess I'm stuck with the current PS3 ......... and will make-do until GT-7 and PS4.

Maybe I should resign from all Hosting duties - the current PS3 keeps freezing up during races. Which has happened on two successive Sunday nights - and that really disrupts the Division progress.

Do a system settings reset along with a restoring of the file system. Do not Restore factory defaults. It should help it as I had a similar issue that was fixed. Also if your are using a wired connection type turn of uPnP

Also if your are using a wired connection type turn of uPnP

It all made sense ....... until I got to that last sentence. Did you mean "turn off uPnP"?
I have no idea what that is, what it means or where it will present itself.
You must remember - I just got off the Santa Maria, and am not very familiar with all this new technology.
:dunce:

D6 Fun -
@chatva leads the way at Nurburgring
upload_2015-2-24_12-35-41.png

upload_2015-2-24_12-53-11.png

@ExoSphere64 chatva and @Rob Brown into Turn 1 at Silverstone
upload_2015-2-24_12-42-51.png

upload_2015-2-24_12-50-49.png

upload_2015-2-24_12-55-4.png

Chatva and @Die_Birdy_Die battle it out for the lead
upload_2015-2-24_12-57-40.png

He's getting away!
upload_2015-2-24_12-59-39.png

upload_2015-2-24_13-2-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-24_12-38-58.png
    upload_2015-2-24_12-38-58.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 7
It all made sense ....... until I got to that last sentence. Did you mean "turn off uPnP"?
You must remember - I just got off the Santa Maria, and am not very familiar with all this new technology.
I think it is under Network Settings somewhere TEX. Disable it.

By the way, what is it? Lol

I think it is under Network Settings somewhere TEX. Disable it.

By the way, what is it? Lol

uPnP is is universal plug and play. Tex if you would like I can walk you thru it via pm with pictures along with setting up DNS to help make the connection more stable.

Hmmmm, since there is apparent disagreement in the IT Dept. - think I will Reset and Restore (as previously directed - it sounds safe). And will forego the uPnP stuff. Would probably mess up the Crew Chief's crockpot, or something equally disastrous.
Thanks for your thoughts, Folks.

Simply put, the UPnP feature gives your PS3 the ability to open and close ports it needs for your PS3 to connect to the internet as well as the games on your PS3. When you check settings on ps3 it should read "not available"(ON) , not read "disabled"(OFF)

You do NOT want to disable uPnP on your PS3 or your router.
Simply put, the UPnP feature gives your PS3 the ability to open and close ports it needs for your PS3 to connect to the internet as well as the games on your PS3. When you check settings on ps3 it should read "not available"(ON) , not read "disabled"(OFF)

I have uPnP disabled on my console along with DNS setup correctly and have 0 issues with GT6.

Since it has been brought up multiple times recently, Bathurst is not currently available for selection as a track. The track has been very unstable for most, if not all, of the lifespan of GT6.

If someone wants to do some testing to see if Bathurst is now usable, I have some criteria that must be met.

1. Run at least 3 races consecutively of at least 12 minutes with at least 13 drivers involved.

2. There must be no excessive connection issues in any of these races.

3. There must be a qualifying session and a reverse grid race and the game must line up all drivers correctly. This means that every driver's qualifying time will need to be recorded. A photo of the qualifying results screen would accomplish this.

4. There must not be any reported sound issues from any drivers.

5. There must not be any frame rate issues reported by any drivers or found in the replays.

6. All replays must be submitted for review.

This process will have to be completed prior to a Sunday night race for the track to be made available for selection the following week.

Once all of this has been done and replays reviewed we will open Bathurst up for selection with the following provision.

If the track is chosen, whoever makes the choice must also provide a back up choice of track in the event that the Thursday night practice session fails miserably as it has in the past.

bathurst-638x425.jpg

In the spirit of the GT Academy Boys winning at Bathurst recently let's evaluate the track and see if it is worthy to be included in the Snail Family.

Date: Saturday March 7th
Time: 9:30 EST
Where: Club Lobby, yours truly will host.
Format: 3 x15 minute races with 3 different cars. 6 Min Qualify Race 1, Reverse Grid to follow for next 2 races.

Car Selection:
1. Lotus Elise Race Car '96
2. Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
3. Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10
4. Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
5. Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98
6. Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Base Model '11

Sign-up Process:
Reply to this post and add your name and vote for car to the list. You have 1 vote. The 3 cars with the most votes will make it through to race Night. Remove the / quote tags of the previous person before posting.

Driver List for Bathurst Test - Saturday March 7th, 2015
1. MajorBlixem - Vote 2

View attachment 316117

In the spirit of the GT Academy Boys winning at Bathurst recently let's evaluate the track and see if it is worthy to be included in the Snail Family.

Format: 3 x15 minute races with 3 different cars. 6 Min Qualify Race 1, Reverse Grid to follow for next 2 races.

Car Selection:

Sign-up Process:
Reply to this post and add your name and vote for car to the list. You have 1 vote. The 3 cars with the most votes will make it through to race Night. Remove the / quote tags of the previous person before posting.

Driver List for Bathurst Test - Saturday March 7th, 2015
1. MajorBlixem - Vote 2

I like where you're going with organizing something to do the testing but you should probably schedule it at a time that doesn't directly compete with another SNAIL event as goat mentioned.

View attachment 316117

Car Selection: WIDEeyedDRIVER and voting #4

You do NOT want to disable uPnP on your PS3 or your router.

Think I'll get back on the Santa Maria - cannot locate System Reset or File System Restore.
Sorry I took up so much Thread space. The Bacon conversation was more enlightening.

Agreed. I will move the date to a Tuesday or Wednesday

TCS and RCS run Tuesday and Wednesday night. Monday is the boost racing and Thursday is practice night. Friday has the GT1 series but I don't know if they run every week. Your best bet is probably going to be picking a time either before or after an event or catching a Friday with noting going on.

bathurst-638x425.jpg

Date: Friday March 13th (Hope we don't have a Snail Event... but Friday the 13th sounds like a good date)
Time: 10:00 PM EST

Car Selection:

Sign-up Process:
Tag me in a post. I will update this list. Provide your name and vote for car to the list. You have 1 vote. The 3 cars with the most votes will make it through to race Night.

Driver List for Bathurst Test
1. MajorBlixem - Vote 2
2. WIDEeyedDRIVER - Vote 4

Last edited:
Took a look at the link - Thank you, Sir. However, in the text it said that the game data would be deleted from the source PS3. That sort of killed the idea. Guess I'm stuck with the current PS3 ......... and will make-do until GT-7 and PS4.

Maybe I should resign from all Hosting duties - the current PS3 keeps freezing up during races. Which has happened on two successive Sunday nights - and that really disrupts the Division progress.
Hi @TEX36 , thanks for sharing this information, I think you're not the only division that was affected with connection issues the last two weeks, D8 was too... any other div concerned?

Hi @TEX36 , thanks for sharing this information, I think you're not the only division that was affected with connection issues the last two weeks, D8 was too... any other div concerned?
I had to sit out of D4 dew to same issue. I reset router, enabled UPnP and no more issues as of yet!

Date: Friday March 13th (Hope we don't have a Snail Event... but Friday the 13th sounds like a good date)

Car Selection:

Sign-up Process:
Tag me in a post. I will update this list. Provide your name and vote for car to the list. You have 1 vote. The 3 cars with the most votes will make it through to race Night.

Driver List for Bathurst Test
1. MajorBlixem - Vote 2
2. WIDEeyedDRIVER - Vote 4
3. turnupdaheat - Vote 2 (Sorta have to vote for my own pick!)
4 STEAMER62 - Vote 6

Back