◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,845 comments
Qualifying sessions will be split into two 5-minute sessions if the track is short (< 1 mile) and the grid is full (> 10 drivers). Thoughts? Suggestions?

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

I took a bunch of pics for D3, put them in the XMB for export.

Where can I find the XMB again?

That's the main PS3 menu, the Xross Media Bar.

Traditionally we only do standard cars if they are available in the OCD. The logistics of getting cars traded around the group are pretty daunting.

And I believe the OCD is out this week due to the Clio being picked last week. The Ocd should be updated tomorrow night.

I'll give Prize A a shot please. Hope I can come up with a fun combo!

Just a quick question before I do. What is the general feeling on using 'Standard' cars? I know it has been done, but it doesn't seem common practice. If it's ok, then I'll post the car now, but will need to match it to a suitable track later, once I get home.

My car choice will be the 'Toyota Supra RZ '97'. I am more than happy to send this car to anyone that may need one too, or if too many people don't have it, I can pick a Premium car.

As dabneyd said, we only allow standard cars to be selected when they are available in the OCD. However, since the OCD refreshes every other Wednesday night, we only allow OCD cars on the weeks where the OCD will not refresh. Since the OCD is scheduled to refresh tomorrow night, OCD cars are not available for selection this week. They will, however, be available for selection next week. :)

Also, if anyone can help, I will be looking to pick up a few paint chips for my cars:
Colour - Perlmuttgrun :)

What is the make of that paint? Perhaps I can help!

Once I find the export tool instead of thinking I can find it...

The pictures should be in the Pictures section of your XMB.

Plug a memory stick into your PS3 and navigate to one of the pictures, press the triangle and a menu pops up, you can select Copy or Copy Multiple, choose the memory stick as the destination. Put the memory stick in your computer and upload them to your favourite picture hosting site.

From there you can get the links of the pictures and post to your hearts content here :)

Easy right!

I went ahead and copied over this week's results to the SNAIL Results spreadsheet. I should wait and do it tomorrow, after any penalties have been assessed, but... there it is.

So, keep it in mind, this week's scores are still provisional.

Some things to note:

Directors:

Please, enter PSN IDs as they appear. Do not use forum names, and do not abbreviate the PSN ID. There are lookups that will fail (and then I have to go back and update them by hand).

Everyone:

On the three month long sheets, I've changed it up just a bit, to make it look closer. We have three weeks, so we have three scores. I'm dropping the lowest of those three. Next week, we will have four scores, and I'll drop the lowest of the four, and so on.

It makes the scores close now, but keep in mind, those dropped sleepers may be good, and may be counted over the next two weeks if a driver does poorly.

The pictures should be in the Pictures section of your XMB.

Plug a memory stick into your PS3 and navigate to one of the pictures, press the triangle and a menu pops up, you can select Copy or Copy Multiple, choose the memory stick as the destination. Put the memory stick in your computer and upload them to your favourite picture hosting site.

From there you can get the links of the pictures and post to your hearts content here :)

Easy right!

Ah - I was only saying "Go to the XMB..." and then trying to find them later. I've unsuccessfully tried that enough times to try this method. Back in a few - daughter is having a friend over soon, so I need to get my ducks inna row.

Actually, I wonder if Millerhd is actually talking about this post from the S.P.E.C. Racing thread. It seems to be more in line with his mention of splitting the race with two cars. Prior to Rally's post regarding qualifying, the only time it was mentioned was over voice in the D2 lounge on Sunday night. Millerhd wasn't in the D2 lounge on Sunday night so it's unlikely that he would have known about that conversation. :confused:

Probably. I'm never on the SPEC thread so I wouldn't have known. I figured I just couldn't remember the comment from some previous page.

I think the reverse grid order is what makes it fun. To qualify for both is boring & you might as well just race once at the track then. When you start in the back you just need to be patient. Lets keep the racing at a high level, Passing takes skill.

On a different note, I'll take prize B. Keeping the track, changing the car. New car is the Mercedes 300 Sl coupe '54. Can be found in the premium garage. I believe the tires will be Sports Mediums. Hope every1 enjoys it.

I think the reverse grid order is what makes it fun. To qualify for both is boring & you might as well just race once at the track then. When you start in the back you just need to be patient. Lets keep the racing at a high level, Passing takes skill.

The discussion about splitting up the qualifying into two sessions is simply a way to make the track less crowded during the qualifying session before the round started. Drivers would simply be spit into two groups that would then take turns on qualifying. There would not be another qualifying session after the first race so the Reverse Grid race will be unaffected. 👍

On a different note, I'll take prize B. Keeping the track, changing the car. New car is the Mercedes 300 Sl coupe '54. Can be found in the premium garage. I believe the tires will be Sports Mediums. Hope every1 enjoys it.

Thanks for the making your selection! I'll update the lineup once RIP_Welsh_Don picks a premium car since his previous car selection does not meet the "easily accessible" rule that is a requirement for all car selections in this league.

I couldn't figure out the regular method, so I've tried a different one...

Here is Grand Valley East

4wvko.jpg

ZUBNt.jpg

wxHY1.jpg

GcD2v.jpg

WNtm1.jpg

FEoyU.jpg

6cfaf.jpg

JvBfo.jpg

lYWQJ.jpg

KURKi.jpg

I think seth was merely saying he enjoys both formats: Fastest first and reverse grid.

Interesting photos Handlebar. Although taking pictures from the TV with a camera usually results in poor quality, in your case it made many of them brighter and more vibrant.

In the future, though, it might be nice to be able to transfer directly to your computer.

I'm not sure what problem you had, but I should ask, were you unable to get any photos to your XMB, or could you not get them to the USB?

Not to jump all over you, and I don't know if you tested the car or not, if you did and like it, no problem. I'll run what ever. I had my eye on that car in the past, but decided against it due to the rear end always wanting to come out, even worst then the Ferrari imo.
I trust your pick tho =)

dylansan
Interesting photos Handlebar. Although taking pictures from the TV with a camera usually results in poor quality, in your case it made many of them brighter and more vibrant.

In the future, though, it might be nice to be able to transfer directly to your computer.

I'm not sure what problem you had, but I should ask, were you unable to get any photos to your XMB, or could you not get them to the USB?

I could find them in the Photos section, but other than Picasa/Facebook, it would not recognize any media was present.

I put the camera on a tripod, turned off all the lights in the man cave, put settings on camera to portrait quality, etc.

I could find them in the Photos section, but other than Picasa/Facebook, it would not recognize any media was present.

I put the camera on a tripod, turned off all the lights in the man cave, put settings on camera to portrait quality, etc.

Thanks for your efforts, Handlebar! This is one of the few times that we've had pictures from all three divisions posted!

w00t!!
:gtpflag:

I would like to submit my request to join your league please.
Let me know, Thanks.

Yay! Jones you made it! :D
Gunna have to get you some seat time this week!

I had host compatible issues aswell trying to join during Q in race 1, and then got disco'd before the start of race 2, and had the host issue, so had to restart PS3 which fixed it, but by the time i got back in, it was started already, so im out 1 race in points :/

Jones or Mopar, can either of please tell me what your/his correct PSN ID is? I tried mr_jones80 but it says that ID has not been registered. :confused:

For the Merc, I've been repeating the b-spec 400PP seasonal at Monza; 5 laps (18 miles) and one driver since the best I can do with the car without buying the weight reduction and engine upgrades is about 435PP...nowhere near enough to be competitive in an enduro :/

Not to jump all over you, and I don't know if you tested the car or not, if you did and like it, no problem. I'll run what ever. I had my eye on that car in the past, but decided against it due to the rear end always wanting to come out, even worst then the Ferrari imo.
I trust your pick tho =)

I should probably just wait for sethfraz22 to answer, but he did indeed test the car out. In fact, after were were done playing Cat & Mouse last night, he asked everyone to test the car out with him and let him know what we thought.

I didn't test the car out myself (I had to answer a bunch of PM's), but I was in the lounge while the rest of the guys were doing laps in it. 👍

So far for next Sunday, we have:

TBD / TBD
(tbd laps, tbd tires)

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 @ Great Valley East / Reverse
(5 laps, Sports Medium Tires)

Ferrari 512BB '76 @ Motegi West - Motegi West is from latest DLC
(15 laps, Sports Soft)

The Merc is a lot like the Z4 only slower. I ran a couple of practice laps this morning and was having a hard time staying awake. It should make for racing that is very similar to what we had with the Z4.

The Merc is a lot like the Z4 only slower. I ran a couple of practice laps this morning and was having a hard time staying awake. It should make for racing that is very similar to what we had with the Z4.

Oh, goody. :grumpy:

Oh, goody. :grumpy:

Hmmmm......Maybe the one i tried was on different tires. Oh well, good to go then =) Thanks for clearing that up Zero.

More Bmw type fun but slower!? Maybe broken in, it'll be alot faster hehehe. =\

Bowler - Hard time staying awake due to being an early morning or the car?

Hmmmm......Maybe the one i tried was on different tires. Oh well, good to go then =) Thanks for clearing that up Zero.

More Bmw type fun but slower!? Maybe broken in, it'll be alot faster hehehe. =\

Bowler - Hard time staying awake due to being an early morning or the car?

It wasn't an early morning.

Also, Stewards, there are items that need attention in the stewards area. Please take a look and weigh in with your opinions.

Back