◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,807 comments
My phone has some insanely cool photo filters and edits. LG G3. Retrolux adds some fun stuff and makes it look classic. Perfect for the Mazda Roadster. Check it out:

kevj0wd.jpg
hpw9QUB.jpg
ndFxAkS.jpg

Last edited:
What was the reason for the restart? I ask because it happened at Mount Panorama. D3 had our own issues with Mount Panorama and it was actually suggested that the track be banned again due to it still not being stable online. It's better than it was but it's still much worse than every other track in the game.
cmbeal was caught off guard when his car was in neutral at the start line. It caused some obvious issues with the other drivers behind. There were no problems with the d6 room at Mount Panorama.

All in all, I had a terrific time at Watkins Glen. The track is a joy when dry, but intimidating when wet. I settled down after Saturday afternoon's bus stop shenanigans.

I was now cleared to solo, but my instructor wants to move me to Blue (next level up, still with instructor) next event. To bolster my confidence, he took me out in Blue in his car, and promised to drive 8/10ths, maybe 8.5/10. He lined up very early in the queue for Blue to avoid the need for passes for awhile. We get the sign to move out, and we roared off.

After 20 seconds, I was wondering if his tail was on fire, or if he was driving for his life... Hooo-eeee, he was fast! Our cars have similar power, though his car is completely stripped down, full cage, telemetry for club racing, etc. He was braking later, braking less, carrying speed through corners with excellent control. With his communicator, we were starting to dissect a few corners where I identified areas I knew I could improve more. As we finished our standing yellow / sight in lap, and immediately screamed like a banshee up through the thrilling uphill Esses, we saw a car way up ahead at the bus stop.

We screamed into the bus stop, tapped the brakes to settle the car, and roared out if there, rolling like a locomotive into the right hander of Turn 5. The BMW ahead of us was just a little bit ahead. The red mist rose through the floorboards and the car lunged like a beast, hungry for the next place. By the apex heading into the 'laces' of the boot, we were behind him. The BMW was soloing, and nearly ran wide, turning a hair before the metal wall before him, and scrubbing even more speed. In Blue, the sole of the boot is a passing zone, so we had to set up the pass.

I wanted to back off a little, the other guy was clearly rattled. Again, the BMW braked a bit early and a bit much for my instructor's taste, and we had to try to climb up a hill to get into pass position. Surely the BMW would give us the pass, right?

If you are at work, you may want to turn the sound down or off... you will probably be able to interpret my comments even without sound. I don't curse often, but when I do, I swear because I can't think of anything intelligent to say. Sorry for any tender ears.

Both of us forgot that while we had been on a standing yellow for the first lap, this was the BMW's first lap. He 'knew' it was standing yellow for lap 1. He came out late. The BMW hit the brakes very hard, dropping into second. There was a stomach dropping moment, and then we were back on the racing line. After I watched the rest of the session, we jumped in my car and I tried to replicate his faster lines, though not the part in the video, understandably! At the end of his session, he realized he had been far, far more assertive than he intended. We were within 2 seconds of his personal best at the Glen, and he had me as ballast.

I will see if I can figure out how to upload some of my driving moments this afternoon.

All in all, I had a terrific time at Watkins Glen. The track is a joy when dry, but intimidating when wet. I settled down after Saturday afternoon's bus stop shenanigans.

I was now cleared to solo, but my instructor wants to move me to Blue (next level up, still with instructor) next event. To bolster my confidence, he took me out in Blue in his car, and promised to drive 8/10ths, maybe 8.5/10. He lined up very early in the queue for Blue to avoid the need for passes for awhile. We get the sign to move out, and we roared off.

After 20 seconds, I was wondering if his tail was on fire, or if he was driving for his life... Hooo-eeee, he was fast! Our cars have similar power, though his car is completely stripped down, full cage, telemetry for club racing, etc. He was braking later, braking less, carrying speed through corners with excellent control. With his communicator, we were starting to dissect a few corners where I identified areas I knew I could improve more. As we finished our standing yellow / sight in lap, and immediately screamed like a banshee up through the thrilling uphill Esses, we saw a car way up ahead at the bus stop.

We screamed into the bus stop, tapped the brakes to settle the car, and roared out if there, rolling like a locomotive into the right hander of Turn 5. The BMW ahead of us was just a little bit ahead. The red mist rose through the floorboards and the car lunged like a beast, hungry for the next place. By the apex heading into the 'laces' of the boot, we were behind him. The BMW was soloing, and nearly ran wide, turning a hair before the metal wall before him, and scrubbing even more speed. In Blue, the sole of the boot is a passing zone, so we had to set up the pass.

I wanted to back off a little, the other guy was clearly rattled. Again, the BMW braked a bit early and a bit much for my instructor's taste, and we had to try to climb up a hill to get into pass position. Surely the BMW would give us the pass, right?

If you are at work, you may want to turn the sound down or off... you will probably be able to interpret my comments even without sound. I don't curse often, but when I do, I swear because I can't think of anything intelligent to say. Sorry for any tender ears.

Both of us forgot that while we had been on a standing yellow for the first lap, this was the BMW's first lap. He 'knew' it was standing yellow for lap 1. He came out late. The BMW hit the brakes very hard, dropping into second. There was a stomach dropping moment, and then we were back on the racing line. After I watched the rest of the session, we jumped in my car and I tried to replicate his faster lines, though not the part in the video, understandably! At the end of his session, he realized he had been far, far more assertive than he intended. We were within 2 seconds of his personal best at the Glen, and he had me as ballast.

I will see if I can figure out how to upload some of my driving moments this afternoon.

Put the mic closer to your head next time I went to 100 percent on my volume and only could hear tire squeal and a mumble!

D5 Replays uploaded!Enjoyed the racing last night.Good battles all around,lots of clean racing.Will try to post some pics.Thanks to all who performed duties,and a shout out to everyone for the comradery shown during the network problem's we encountered.Everyone showed an immense amount of respect and patience.Rock on SNAIL's!

Don't forget to get those Oil Changes.

What was the reason for the restart? I ask because it happened at Mount Panorama. D3 had our own issues with Mount Panorama and it was actually suggested that the track be banned again due to it still not being stable online. It's better than it was but it's still much worse than every other track in the game.

An apparent gearing issue. Despite not touching the clutch or gear change, one of our drivers was on the grid completely in neutral. Kind of a big pile-up...

Here are a couple of laps from Sunday at the Glen.

I no longer feel like a 'rolling chicane' anymore.

Sorry, Birdy - my students bought the camera for me the day before I left - I didn't have time to work on camera settings compared to brakes, tire pressure, track info, it was low on my priority list.

Last edited:
@Handlebar What's up with the Boxster driver pointing you to the right side of the track coming to the bus stop. I would have thought he would have let you have the proper entry line. Maybe there's stuff going on that I don't know about track days?..

It's Monday Night and time for the PACK.

I think we are at the Ring and Le Mans...but since @racingchamp30 has the hammer (he is the host) we won't know until we enter the room (it keep practice down to a minimum...or none). It's kinda different to enter the room...see the race started and end up on the grid...perhaps on the pole...without having a clue as to where the first corner is. This is the antithesis of Sunday nights !!

Circuito de la Sierra nail 27.jpg

Some pictures from the action on C3 in D1 last night (I was mostly asleep for the other combos.. no pics from them sorry :P)

B65k9TW.jpg

the pack dives into turn 2 under hard braking, a couple people looking to the inside
EeuCric.jpg

Some first lap shenanigans [see, we're human too!]
SGduWEN.jpg

the middle of the pack heads through the cut, the slowest part heading up the mountain
Il8Wzlb.jpg

Some more first lap shenanigans means passing can get done.. even on the mountain!
Qe4qntP.jpg

9jcOQPD.jpg

trying two wide through the fast section, really tight
i2l6G4z.jpg

And then a little TOO tight
bDLsOO6.jpg

Headed down the mountain
c1yfXWc.jpg

After the first lap it stabilizes a bit... until lap 3 or so
gMu8iNZ.jpg

But the closest battle was for the lead!
OY0Yf86.jpg

@gtr3123 breathing down my neck on the final lap after closing a 1.3 second gap into essentially nothing. (And I was running consistent 2:12 laps!!)
BKmc60p.jpg

Battling all the way to the last corner!
CBNl7H0.jpg

DQXJ5Zm.jpg

But I just barely managed to turn in before him and hold him off
UOK8MBC.jpg

... for a very narrow victory!
Ptq3TN0.jpg

Great racing in that combo, for me. Car drives great there!

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 21, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (80.50 for prize purposes only)
  2. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote
  6. MaddDog28 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. gtr3123 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 2
  1. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (94.50 for Prize B)
  2. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (84.33 for prize purposes only)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. x_NoSkill2Kill_x -- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (53.17 for prize purposes only)
  2. Onyx58 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. DesertPenguin09 --- did not submit a vote
Division 5
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 80 (130.00 for Prize A)
  2. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. aeroliteflight ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Danimal780 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. CallmeMike41 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. WraithQueen8 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 6
  1. flip_jj ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (89.00 for Prize C)
  2. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Hellbringer2m6 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Evolvo ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. SetoNaikai -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 7
  1. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 92 (67.08 for prize purposes only)
  2. D1_driver_83 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Polygrizz --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. cliffeden --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Subaru IMPREZA GT300 Base Model '08 (Sports: Soft) at Fuji Speedway F (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @CanuckleheadII wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Pozzi Motorsports Camaro RS (Sports: Soft) at Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (5 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @aLmk gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @FlipJ so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Back