◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
Just a heads up, for season scores, only the best 3 scores out of 4 weeks are taken for a person's total. Having 336 points means that's a 4 week total. The highest possible score for a season is 300 (3 perfect 100 point weekends).
Well there's the pole bonus and if there are any ties it can have a decimal place.

Well there's the pole bonus and if there are any ties it can have a decimal place.

The pole bonus makes it 100 points.

16 points X 6 wins = 96
3 poles = 3 points
Bonus for all 3 poles = 1 point
Perfect total = 100

If you want to go to decimal places, the best score then is 300.3. Still not close to 336.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-snail-spec-racing-new-season-starts-this-sunday-night-now-is-the-perfect-time-to-join-us.235094/page-148#post-7026044

EDIT: The best score is 300. No two people can tie with 100 points at the top for the night.

We haven't done anything small, light and nimble... and FWD... lately!

For Nurb GP/D? A FWD?

I could get behind the Caterham, the Rocket, or WSR (all repeats from previous SNAIL weeks), but there are some very fun FR and MR cars lurking just below 400 PP - hence Comfort Softs - that can get slide-y and speed. One of the early RX-7 models, a base Lotus '96, and one of the Cooper S models for the FWD guys. The French Berlinetta (MR) is also interesting. Those are my 'fun cars' for that track, but YMMV.

I just hope @Adramike chooses a car he likes there.

FROM A PROUD CANADIAN

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Finished my review of this week's 8 incidents.

A reminder on this portion of the OLR seems relevant this week, with added emphasis for this week's kerfuffles.

06: Contact Concessions:

C:
If you have to slow down to let the other player through, move out of the racing line first before you slow down. Coming to a full stop is not allowed, just continue at a slower pace out of the racing line until the other driver passes you again. After completing the concession, return to the racing line when it is safe to do so. This means that your return to the racing line will not affect any other driver on the course.

That's the cost of being overly aggressive. We've all done it. What you lose in position on track is gained back with respect from your peers.

That's the price you pay.

Yup. I've seen it many times in F1 when the leaders are about to lap some cars that are in a battle of their own. You have to let them by but not let your battle-mate go by with the lap cars. It's racing!

Congrats @TBongX for winning Division 4 June Season! I hope we go down to six divisions and we still race together

Thank you all. The last two weeks we have been low on drivers.

we all knew @TEX36 was great in carts! :rolleyes:
congrats @TBongX glad my wheel failure and my poor showing last weekend helped you, really though you have been working hard and gotten much faster! :cheers: and way to go.:cool:

Thanks and Word. I always like an assist from you Chatva, that wheel failure was huge :-) Just think, I'm always using a GT Driving Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for all wheel users that don't have a dedicated wheel stand made for the job. What do you use to mount your wheel? I've made a setup using a wood night-stand with the drawer frame cut out and extra wood screwed around connecting the legs to prevent movement.

The issue I have is that it needs to be on a rug or it slides on my hardwood floor. Does anyone else have a similar situation and/or solutions?

I have a question for all wheel users that don't have a dedicated wheel stand made for the job. What do you use to mount your wheel? I've made a setup using a wood night-stand with the drawer frame cut out and extra wood screwed around connecting the legs to prevent movement.

The issue I have is that it needs to be on a rug or it slides on my hardwood floor. Does anyone else have a similar situation and/or solutions?

Wheel attached to low table. My seat (cut down chair) is on top of repurposed 2 metre rubber mat. Piece of wood inside rolled up part of excess rubber mat underneath the pedals lifts them up in a better position. My ass holds everything in place.

It's a work of art, if lack of proper materials and using whatever is available is an art.

Wheel attached to low table. My seat (cut down chair) is on top of repurposed 2 metre rubber mat. Piece of wood inside rolled up part of excess rubber mat underneath the pedals lifts them up in a better position. My ass holds everything in place.

It's a work of art, if lack of proper materials and using whatever is available is an art.
LOL @FlipJ

I have my wheel clamped to a short crafting table on a small rug. I put 2 - 25lb. dumbbells on top to keep the table stable. My "seat" is a bean bag chair atop a futon...now if thats not the most jerry rigged set up, i dont know what is...word on the street is if i had a "real" rig and a t300 i could cut about .5 sec a lap..to me, not worth it...

LOL,my first was a coffee table!It was high enough to get under and I cut the end to square it.Took an old aluminum racing seat and sat it on the floor,made a wedge out of wood for the pedal assembly!It wasn't pretty,and it didn't feel right,but it did work.Look online at images of other peoples creations.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dri...v&sa=X&ei=e12UVZvpL8GAsQXftIHYBQ&ved=0CB0QsAQ

Latest Posts

Back