◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,844 comments
lol sorry, I didn't realize I won anything. let me take a few minutes to think of a better car than the *** ***** ** **** ******* **************** Mercedes

For me the issue is not who picks what prize , it's how long we should have to wait after the prize winners are announced for the winners to make their choice.
If your not watching for the announcement of the winners of the prizes , then we all have to wait for that person to make his or her choice when it comes to prize A or B.
Everybody knows where they placed after the unofficial results for Sundays race in each division. So at least the top three in each division should be watching the posts for official results just in case there is a race complaint that might move first place into second and second into first and so on.
Since we practice the Sunday car/track combos on Wed night , maybe put a time limit on prize choices. I think then everyone will pay attention and look for the official results and make a timely choice of the prize the choose. If that person does not make the prize choice in a fair amount of time , then it should be awarded to the next person in line. We need prize A and B to be picked so we I know what car/ track we are practicing on for Wed night. Prize C can be picked anytime. 99.9 % of the time the person with the highest points is going to pick A and the second highest points is going to pick B. That's what I've been seeing since I joined back in March.

For me the issue is not who picks what prize , it's how long we should have to wait after the prize winners are announced for the winners to make their choice.
If your not watching for the announcement of the winners of the prizes , then we all have to wait for that person to make his or her choice when it comes to prize A or B.
Everybody knows where they placed after the unofficial results for Sundays race in each division. So at least the top three in each division should be watching the posts for official results just in case there is a race complaint that might move first place into second and second into first and so on.
Since we practice the Sunday car/track combos on Wed night , maybe put a time limit on prize choices. I think then everyone will pay attention and look for the official results and make a timely choice of the prize the choose. If that person does not make the prize choice in a fair amount of time , then it should be awarded to the next person in line. We need prize A and B to be picked so we I know what car/ track we are practicing on for Wed night. Prize C can be picked anytime. 99.9 % of the time the person with the highest points is going to pick A and the second highest points is going to pick B. That's what I've been seeing since I joined back in March.

Sorry, this is my first week in snail!

JazzNine

I'm not picking on ya! : ). Everyone has a life away from snail and racing. Just giving some input.
It's nice to see a newbie win their first week. Congrats!
Suggestion: maybe the winners should be sent a PM stating that they won and they would know quicker and can make their choice quicker. Instead of having to search through past posts.

No worries JazzNine and thanks for that :)

We used to have a pretty quick turn around on the next weeks choices, which gave most of us time to break the car(s) in and do a couple of laps before Wednesday night practice.

With the reviews that go on, and peoples availability and access during the day, it's not always as quick as we'd hope for.

It's all good 👍

What about prizes being spread out... just a crazy idea...

1st place: Chooses Track OR Car to replace the completely ousted selection, but simply says "track" or "Car..." until 2nd place goes...

2nd place: Once 1st place reserves choice of track or car, then 2nd place chooses the car, or track.

(Then 1st place chooses a complimentary track or vehicle of their choice)

3rd place: Functions as current 2nd place - replace track or car

4th place: Prize car and gets "3 extra votes" the next week he races on what track to eliminate.

For a lighthearted example:

1st place: I'll take the Car choice

2nd place: I'll take... Eiger Short Track Reverse

1st place: For that track, I'll go with... the Samba bus!

Since I get prize C, I'll take the level 24 ticket please. I believe that's the only ticket that will guarantee I won't get something I already have or something that's a prize car.

Last week i had posted there would be a possibility I was'nt going to make it. Apparently my dates were screwed up & the family reunion I was to attend last week is acctually this week. I'll be taking my system but don't yet know if there will be wifi in the rooms, so we'll see.

What's the plan for if we get a lot of people wanting in tonight, open two lobbies? :confused:

Yeah, last week I started another room and posted it here. Should we start both rooms at the same time and ask everyone to try to fill them equally?

Yeah, last week I started another room and posted it here. Should we start both rooms at the same time and ask everyone to try to fill them equally?

That would be okay with me:tup:

I'm going to open up the room at 9:50pm ET.

App made the observation that D1 and D3 together may have been off putting. Now since there are 4 divisions perhaps D3/4 should practice together in Division 1 lounge.

okay! Pm message or psn message?

PM.

App made the observation that D1 and D3 together may have been off putting. Now since there are 4 divisions perhaps D3/4 should practice together in Division 1 lounge.

Personally I like when the divisions get to mingle a bit. I said it last week during the race, we have Sunday for racing in the divisions. Plus these are open lobbies, so the skill level will be varied regardless.

Last edited:
What about prizes being spread out... just a crazy idea...

1st place: Chooses Track OR Car to replace the completely ousted selection, but simply says "track" or "Car..." until 2nd place goes...

2nd place: Once 1st place reserves choice of track or car, then 2nd place chooses the car, or track.

(Then 1st place chooses a complimentary track or vehicle of their choice)

3rd place: Functions as current 2nd place - replace track or car

4th place: Prize car and gets "3 extra votes" the next week he races on what track to eliminate.

For a lighthearted example:

1st place: I'll take the Car choice

2nd place: I'll take... Eiger Short Track Reverse

1st place: For that track, I'll go with... the Samba bus!

And the race is never completed becasue none of the Sambas can get up the hill. It's the end of SNAIL forever. All drivers are stuck on the track. A line of Sambas can be seen trying to push each other up the hill at Eiger.:sly:

JLBowler
And the race is never completed becasue none of the Sambas can get up the hill. It's the end of SNAIL forever. All drivers are stuck on the track. A line of Sambas can be seen trying to push each other up the hill at Eiger.:sly:

I guess you skipped the part where I pointed out it was a lighthearted example... In plain English, it is a joke, son, a joke! :sly:

Attention Snails:

Since we had a great turn out for practice last week , dabneyd and I will open 2 open lobby practice rooms tonight.

Lets file them up again this week.

1472-6681-3286-8591-6511

1472-6118-4216-8217-1552

Sorry for the small writing! oops!!!

Back