◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
Just a quick question about qually for the RGT at Cape Ring combo. Isn't it usual to extend it to 6 minutes when the laptime only permits 1 lap within the regular 5 minute period?

Just a quick question about qually for the RGT at Cape Ring combo. Isn't it usual to extend it to 6 minutes when the laptime only permits 1 lap within the regular 5 minute period?

At 2:53 it might not even be possible to get two laps at 6 minutes. If two laps could be done in 6 minutes then it usually has been expanded and is provided for in the rules. If two laps couldn't be completed in 6 minutes, there is no provision to expand to 7 minutes and there most likely would not be an exception made.

image.jpeg

Going to go back to my original favorite I started with...Chameleon Orange and Matte Black. And cause no one ever sends me pics I may use this one for a banner!!! :yuck:

Race of Champions - June 2016

Friday July 8 @ 9:30 ET

towncrier.jpg

Come guys let's fill the grid for Friday night! Deadline to register is tomorrow night​

For those that are not familiar with the RoC format:
Each driver is assigned a time delay at the start based on your fastest lap for the particular combo during the season. The faster your lap time is the longer your delayed start is. It is up to the fast guys to try and catch the slower guys before the laps run out. Makes for very exciting last couple of laps!

We have 7 confirmed drivers

The following drivers still need to respond:
Automatic Qualifiers
@src_ej6, @Kgffy, @chevy_usa1101, @lllTrick, @Scorpion0001, @Whitey093, @Drewspeed,

Reserve Drivers:
@Ricky_Blayz, @JJLopez427, @Beastmodep, @Engmatic1, @WSK96, @Wolfsatz, @Ricky Wilson, @basswerks1

Please use the Registration Form to respond

At 2:53 it might not even be possible to get two laps at 6 minutes. If two laps could be done in 6 minutes then it usually has been expanded and is provided for in the rules. If two laps couldn't be completed in 6 minutes, there is no provision to expand to 7 minutes and there most likely would not be an exception made.

Ok yeah, that's fair enough.

Speaking of things green. My favourite car since childhood is the Lamborghini Miura and the first SV model has just been restored and I think it looks beautiful in the metallic lime green colour I happen to paint the cars I race.

It might be a little more exotic than @GTLehman's Avocado Green fridge but at least he got to touch it, open the door and sample the delights inside. I don't think I'll get the chance to do the same with a Miura! :(

IT IS WITH GREAT EXCITMENT TO TELL EVERYONE THAT WE HAVE SUCCEEDED 1K VIEWS TOWARDS THE ROUGH DRAFT VIDEO AND WE OFFICIALLY HAVE A VIDEO PRODUCTION TEAM!!!!!!!
I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE AND I WANT TO SAY THAT MY APPRECIATION IS OVER THE MOON. PLEASE TELL YOUR FRENDS AND FAMILY THAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED THE GOAL. THANK YOU WTH ALL MY HEART. GOD BLESS

Sorry for double post but wanted to say I was recently interviewed by a sports reporter from Minneapolis. He's doing a piece on me and racing. He went and visited me at Brainerd International Raceway to see me race as well as went to my home to record me racing on Gran Turismo. The whole idea came up after he found out I went to GT Academy last year.

His piece, looks like, is going to be around virtual racing and how it is growing around the world but still very niche. I'm not totally sure of exact idea he had but he promised he had a vision for the piece and it should be good :P

Anyway, just wanted to give heads up that I do talk about SNAIL in it and you may even see your screenname pop up in the video when he's done with it. Hopefully there'll be a link that I'll be able to share with you guys later. Otherwise, those in Mpls, watch local CBS news in the near future and you might catch it live.

Cheers

Sorry for double post but wanted to say I was recently interviewed by a sports reporter from Minneapolis. He's doing a piece on me and racing. He went and visited me at Brainerd International Raceway to see me race as well as went to my home to record me racing on Gran Turismo. The whole idea came up after he found out I went to GT Academy last year.

His piece, looks like, is going to be around virtual racing and how it is growing around the world but still very niche. I'm not totally sure of exact idea he had but he promised he had a vision for the piece and it should be good :P

Anyway, just wanted to give heads up that I do talk about SNAIL in it and you may even see your screenname pop up in the video when he's done with it. Hopefully there'll be a link that I'll be able to share with you guys later. Otherwise, those in Mpls, watch local CBS news in the near future and you might catch it live.

Cheers
Thats awesome Vovik keep us apprised of the progress! Even if you record it with a camera and post it to the thread! Granted everything is online now so I'm sure they will have a link to the story :)

View attachment 566144

Come guys let's fill the grid for Friday night! Deadline to register is tomorrow night​

Each driver is assigned a time delay at the start based on your fastest lap for the particular combo during the season. The faster your lap time is the longer your delayed start is. It is up to the fast guys to try and catch the slower guys before the laps run out. Makes for very exciting last couple of laps!

Automatic Qualifiers
@src_ej6, @Kgffy, @chevy_usa1101, @lllTrick, @Scorpion0001, @Whitey093, @Drewspeed,

Reserve Drivers:
@Ricky_Blayz, @JJLopez427, @Beastmodep, @Engmatic1, @WSK96, @Wolfsatz, @Ricky Wilson, @basswerks1

We only have 4 more slots open for Friday night's RoC.

Don't be that guy that lost out because you didn't respond!

Click it! Do it nao! Vat ah you vaiting foh?

View attachment 566144

Automatic Qualifiers

Reserve Drivers:

I responded that I would attend to the registration form the day it went up but I guess it didnt register or something...

Back