◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,949 comments
I was talking about your gas tank, not carrying a 5 gallon jerry can. :banghead:

I ran 1:31.902 last night and there's more left.
Yeah I was running a 1:31.891 not that long ago and I felt another 3 tenths at least, if not more

Edit: That was without tire and fuel wear, 1:32:2 is my top with it on so far

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips guys. I know I'm overthinking it. It's just a few firsts for me. First time driving alone long distance in the winter/potential snowy conditions and first time driving this car long distance. You guys say it's not that far but for me it is. I don't travel that much and every other time it's been to Florida by plane to visit my grandparents. This will be the second time I drive down by myself so I'm comfortable with most of it.

I'm visiting my brother. All of his friends he met down there are with family and he has no one else. He asked if I was gonna come down because he has four days off in a row and I feel like I should. He's my only brother and I miss him. GPS has me covered and I didn't lose a signal at all last time. I get anxious around new things, so once I get to the part of the directions where I veer off the interstate and find his town will be the only uncomfortable part. I'd like to do that part in daylight so I can see further. I don't want to say I'm worried but that's the only part I'm thinking about too much.

Like most of you said, it's not that long of a drive so there's not much time for anything to go wrong in the first place. If it was the spring or summer I would just drive and not worry about anything but since it's winter and potential freezing temperatures, I wonder about the car and other cars around me.

Thanks for the tips guys. I know I'm overthinking it. It's just a few firsts for me. First time driving alone long distance in the winter/potential snowy conditions and first time driving this car long distance. You guys say it's not that far but for me it is. I don't travel that much and every other time it's been to Florida by plane to visit my grandparents. This will be the second time I drive down by myself so I'm comfortable with most of it.

I'm visiting my brother. All of his friends he met down there are with family and he has no one else. He asked if I was gonna come down because he has four days off in a row and I feel like I should. He's my only brother and I miss him. GPS has me covered and I didn't lose a signal at all last time. I get anxious around new things, so once I get to the part of the directions where I veer off the interstate and find his town will be the only uncomfortable part. I'd like to do that part in daylight so I can see further. I don't want to say I'm worried but that's the only part I'm thinking about too much.

Like most of you said, it's not that long of a drive so there's not much time for anything to go wrong in the first place. If it was the spring or summer I would just drive and not worry about anything but since it's winter and potential freezing temperatures, I wonder about the car and other cars around me.
Just remember, it's nearly impossible to be "lost" on the east side of the U.S. With a cell phone and large population there's almost always an opportunity to get help from a willing stranger. It's some of those desolate areas out west where you really need to be prepared for survival. Have fun, relax, enjoy your favorite tunes, sing out loud, and if you find yourself somewhere you're unsure of, pull over and get your bearings. A phone call can save lots of time. Stress just leads to more stress.

The worst is getting tired towards the end of the drive back. The first time I noticed that listening to music made me tired more than spoken word podcasts which is the opposite of what I thought. I ran out of podcasts to listen to and tried some music and it was making my eyes tired. I had to find some random podcasts of things just to keep going. I could've stopped for coffee but in my mind any stop makes the trip take longer. Like a race, you want to stay out of the pits as much as possible.

The worst is getting tired towards the end of the drive back. The first time I noticed that listening to music made me tired more than spoken word podcasts which is the opposite of what I thought. I ran out of podcasts to listen to and tried some music and it was making my eyes tired. I had to find some random podcasts of things just to keep going. I could've stopped for coffee but in my mind any stop makes the trip take longer. Like a race, you want to stay out of the pits as much as possible.

If you get sleepy, roll the window down for a minute. A 65 MPH breeze when it's 30 degrees outside will do wonders to wake you up. I am actually serious about that. I used to make a two hour drive up to 5,000' elevation to ref basketball games in the winter time. After working three games and driving home, fatigue was a real issue. I kept my car cool, listened to upbeat music that I could sing along with, and took to rolling the window down every now and then.

For me this is epic! @zer05ive
@Rednose58 number 14, joined our SNAIL GT1 Championship practice room on Tuesday night.
it was the first time I've raced with him in a very long time.
Here is a clip of our portion of the race which did not start out good for me, sorry @TEX36 I got in the sand outside and spun out in turn one and collected Tex, I regrouped and was able to catch back up after getting by Tex who basically let me go?
Without traffic I was able get back to them as they were all bunched up!

I should mention that I was racing one handed with automatic trans. as my left arm (fractured X2) three weeks before and in a sling, left rib fracture and right thumb fracture and from the back after my turn one spin, wound up finishing 5th.
It was a really great battle with Rednose!, great race Red!

Last edited:
images (1).png

@JLBowler @zer05ive @CoachMK21 @nmcp1
I will be able to attend this race this Sunday but will be showing at around 8:30 MTN. The first hour of races I will not be attending and then after that I should pop into the lobby. After that I should be set for most of the rest of Sundays!
I'll likely only be able to make the first combo.

Ya'll realize that tomorrow night's races will be the last of SNAIL's 5th year?
Nope, I didn't realize that....why nothing on the 18th?

Last edited:
The stewards report for on track incidents for the racing on Dec. 4 is posted. This report only covers the on track incidents from this week's racing. There is still a report being hashed out by the BoD that will cover the off track issues that occurred this week. That report will be ready tomorrow before racing begins.

Once again (I have done this privately already) thank you to all the stewards for the time spent this week reviewing things that we really shouldn't have to be reviewing. The speed with which you all worked and the patience exhibited was very much appreciated.

I apologize up front for having so many questions, but could someone tell me if there rooms open during the day today for practice on these tracks with the cars listed on the combos? I'm not sure what division I'm in yet, but would like to get a chance to do some "on-line" practices if that's available.

I apologize up front for having so many questions, but could someone tell me if there rooms open during the day today for practice on these tracks with the cars listed on the combos? I'm not sure what division I'm in yet, but would like to get a chance to do some "on-line" practices if that's available.
If you joined the community, there should be online Time Trial rooms setup by @Raw10_2u where you can practice under the same conditions you'll race in.

If you open a room in the snail community it won't be long before others join you ..... that is IF there already isn't one open ;)

Latest Posts

Back