◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,861 comments
While I would never disparage a Camaro brother, the 3rd and 4th gens are my least favorite of all 6, even if I can't fit in a 6th. Don't care none 'bout dat weight. Round is a shape. Me and my car be in shape!

Either of you two make it to a Camaro Fest yet?
I’ve been there several times. Awesome experience. I highly encourage you to try and attend.
Regarding mods...I hear ya.

With all this talk about pedals and wheels, I am thinking about another FIAish challenge it will be different but what would you guys like to see as a prize. Would you rather have an amazon gift card or a g29 setup? T300 setup. What would you rather see?

I think a setup would be awesome. Even though I have no chance at getting close to winning.

Any time after the game starts up. That's what worked in previous games. I can't speak for GTS specifically as I still press the pedal on start up out of habit and haven't attempted to see what happens if I don't. I can say that I've never noticed any strange behavior from my brake pedal.

Using G27 pedals with a T300 for reference.
From my experience GTSport uses the same pedal calibration as all the previous GT games. When each pedal reaches full travel at game startup, that's the end point. When you start GTSport, you should pull on track and fully depress each pedal. What's frustrating to me is that non-linear final braking point. I have a conical brake pedal mod in my Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals. Works great in other games, but GTSport continues to calibrate as you play. So with no hard stop, the full braking point changes depending on how hard I press the pedal. Eventually I'm having to smash the pedal really hard every time I want full braking. Having a bad back, GT Sport is just painful for me to play. Easily corrected, if I want to ditch the mod, but I actually like the mod for games that allow me to calibrate my own pedals. But as soon as I do one panic braking pedal stomp, in GTSport, that becomes the new full braking calibration.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BBJ-SimRac...032429?hash=item2cda2e5c6d:g:~cAAAOSwr6FaLRie.

From my experience GTSport uses the same pedal calibration as all the previous GT games. When each pedal reaches full travel at game startup, that's the end point. When you start GTSport, you should pull on track and fully depress each pedal. What's frustrating to me is that non-linear final braking point. I have a conical brake pedal mod in my Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals. Works great in other games, but GTSport continues to calibrate as you play. So with no hard stop, the full braking point changes depending on how hard I press the pedal. Eventually I'm having to smash the pedal really hard every time I want full braking. Having a bad back, GT Sport is just painful for me to play. Easily corrected, if I want to ditch the mod, but I actually like the mod for games that allow me to calibrate my own pedals. But as soon as I do one panic braking pedal stomp, in GTSport, that becomes the new full braking calibration.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BBJ-SimRac...032429?hash=item2cda2e5c6d:g:~cAAAOSwr6FaLRie.

Which ABS profile were you using? I have found ABS weak to be more enjoyable to drive and can actually get brake induced skidding when entering a corner too hot from slamming on the brakes. But with ABS Default, the game seems to take drastic measures to keep the wheels from locking up. Sort of as if the game is reducing the brake pressure even though you are pressing the pedal harder.

Have often wondered if PD created ABS default to go hand in hand with the non-linear throttle to make the game easier for controller users.

I see everyone have a love for the chevy cars, I'm here with a hairdresser's car :lol:

Attachments

• 20503041_1408792282503892_185979626_o.jpg
    20503041_1408792282503892_185979626_o.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 16
Walk... haha. 111k miles on this car, over 50k of me beating the hell out of it, and never asked any questions. Also, let's not forget, Only Gentlemen Wear BOWTIES;)

You Vette guys, yes they are light, but my '01 is an all non option car...no power windows, power locks, TC, and has cloth interior. Weighs in around 3380lbs. Car has been dyno'd at 355hp at the wheels (around 410hp at the crank). I've put it up against plenty of big brother Vettes to a good success rate...autox and straight line. I start to hit a wall against the ZO6's especially C6 or newer. Just too fast and very light. At least were all in the family.:cheers:

Last edited:
Walk... haha. 111k miles on this car, over 50k of me beating the hell out of it, and never asked any questions. Also, let's not forget, Only Gentlemen Wear BOWTIES;)

You Vette guys, yes they are light, but my '01 is an all non option car...no power windows, power locks, TC, and has cloth interior. Weighs in around 3380lbs. Car has been dyno'd at 355hp at the wheels (around 410hp at the crank). I've put it up against plenty of big brother Vettes to a good success rate...autox and straight line. I start to hit a wall against the ZO6's especially C6 or newer. Just too fast and very light. At least were all in the family.:cheers:

110k on an '01? I take it this isn't your DD. I'm pushing 170k on my '09.

Those LS powered 4th gens really are a hoot. I drove an '02 SS M6(late LS1s had the LS6 IM), and that thing ripped. I also dated a girl with a LT1 powered '97 T/A M6 and worked with a guy with a LT1 Formula M6 which I got to drive on a few occasions, so I've had quite a bit of seat time in f-bodies. They're really fun cars to slide around and everything but the 10-bolt is up to the job. Those interiors on the other hand;)

110k on an '01? I take it this isn't your DD. I'm pushing 170k on my '09.

Those LS powered 4th gens really are a hoot. I drove an '02 SS M6(late LS1s had the LS6 IM), and that thing ripped. I also dated a girl with a LT1 powered '97 T/A M6 and worked with a guy with a LT1 Formula M6 which I got to drive on a few occasions, so I've had quite a bit of seat time in f-bodies. They're really fun cars to slide around and everything but the 10-bolt is up to the job. Those interiors on the other hand;)
Hasn't been the daily driver al all during my ownership, but when driven, it's been driven hard. Mines a t-top, 6spd manual car, and is a ton of fun. You are right, the 10 bolt rear end is the weakest link, but only if you try to stick it with a sticky tire otherwise, it's up to job.

Back