◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
You can reply to those emails with a rebuttal if you feel you are in the right.

I think you are missing the point here. It doesn’t have to be on purpose to be reportable. In fact 99% of these are not on purpose. People make mistakes. But the objective is to learn to avoid these mistakes. By getting these penalties and seeing why you were penalized will, in theory, teach you to give more space on track and be more aware of your surroundings. Race craft. And if you tap someone off track then you need to slow down and let them past.

Nice group here! I will do everything in my power to avoid contact with other's, even if that means coming in last place.
d3519bb8da3f2b18fef09679f8927e8d_photo.jpg

You can reply to those emails with a rebuttal if you feel you are in the right.

I think you are missing the point here. It doesn’t have to be on purpose to be reportable. In fact 99% of these are not on purpose. People make mistakes. But the objective is to learn to avoid these mistakes. By getting these penalties and seeing why you were penalized will, in theory, teach you to give more space on track and be more aware of your surroundings. Race craft. And if you tap someone off track then you need to slow down and let them past.
I think I am and but I’m seeing as being able to bring someone’s ranking down too and to get someone kick out. Because of this I’m on the las chance list. I have been stripped of my points for the places I took because of one person. Not very right in my opinion. Nor was I given a chance to defend myself. There is no information on defending myself in the 2 email reports I got. Can I get the the chance to defend myself on these reports and try to get off this last chance list?

Im still not going to file reports for things I can understand from other drivers. I still think it’s a last resort thing. I hope others will do the same.

Last edited:
tyro click on the link on bowlers signature. "It's linked right here" then go to snail incident report and review. then click the link after the list of division stewards labeled "check this link" that should help you.
Do more IR get filed when driving cars that are difficult to keep pointing straight or with easier to handle combos where racing may be tighter?

I think I am and but I’m seeing as being able to bring someone’s ranking down too and to get someone kick out. Because of this I’m on the las chance list. I have been stripped of my points for the places I took because of one person. Not very right in my opinion. Nor was I given a chance to defend myself. There is no information on defending myself in the 2 email reports I got. Can I get the the chance to defend myself on these reports and try to get off this last chance list?

Im still not going to file reports for things I can understand from other drivers. I still think it’s a last resort thing. I hope others will do the same.
Let me say that all the replays were watched many times by all the stewards and it is unlikely that you would have been able to escape being penalized. People aren't being kicked out...unless the same mistakes keep being made week in and week out. And it doesn't matter if it's one person or many people. You know what to do if you think someone "is out to get you"? Drive fairly and with better racecraft. Give more room, concede positions when you punt them off the road, or better yet...don't punt them off the road in the first place. If you're having problems driving in close quarters, maybe back off and follow a little bit more and observe for a few weeks. Or join practice lobbies where you can try and improve your close driving skills. Don't try and win every race at all costs...how about drive around closely with some friends on a Sunday night instead of "racing".

I see that you think you were "wronged" somehow. But you need to get that chip off your shoulder and maybe watch the replays yourself of the incidents in questions first. Because this line of rhetoric isn't good for you.

I honestly like your enthusiasm here on the forum. You seem to want to be a part of the group and we want you to be a part of the group. But within the rules. Once you start getting a reputation as a clean driver then people generally won't file incidents against you...because they know you are clean. But if you get a "dirty driver" reputation then people are going to expect to be hit and will file on you every time.

I suggest you drive clean tonight. I honestly want you to drive clean tonight. Let's see if you are picking up what we are laying down ;)

I think there are many more factors in play but my vote goes to difficult to keep pointed straight.
Slower cars grippy ish cars help. My best races online were in Miatas and the kind. In january, we had a good run with the Daihatsu VGT. On its own, it was boring to drive and sounded like a trash compactor, but it made for pretty great and clean battles on track due to it being so easy to drive. I guess we are due for a slower FWD car again.

I agree with many of the opinions expressed here. I don't think anyones evening can be 'ruined' because an IR was filed against them. Only ones driving can ruin an evening, preferably with few, if any, other casualties. I even argued my case when an IR was filed against me. I'm not sure what influence I had, but no penalty was assessed. I saw incidents that went unreported, and I wonder if the people involved realize that what they did was against the rules.

All hosts should start at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to allow a driver who was already in the room their tthree minutes to return or to sort other connection issues.

I enjoyed combo 1, first corner was a blast trying too carry a lot of speed.
I sure did like it too. I saw everyone taking the high line in the banked corner after the bridge and realized I had the wrong line all that time I was practicing.

I'm happy seeming you back on the grid with @IceWarden

On another note, I got one more case of extreme consistency at HSR. Take that Sophy AI.
335774975_924904888635785_909551176546474605_n.jpg

And now, D1 photos.
2023-03-13 Race 1.jpg

2023-03-13 Race 2.jpg

2023-03-13 Race 2 (2).jpg

2023-03-13 Race 3.jpg

2023-03-13 Race 4.jpg

2023-03-13 Race 5.jpg

2023-03-13 Race 6.jpg

Note: All drivers who are racing are eligible to file an IR against any driver in the division in which they are currently assigned weather or not they are involved in the incident.

Does this mean if I am watching a replay from a different division and I see something egregious I can't file an IR?

Back