◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,821 comments
Scores and votes done.
Awesome night, full 16 driver grid and three good combos !
Spoiler alert: The Lancia had electrical problems, caught fire and burned to the ground. It was thrown in Deep Forest's river. May the sun shine bright on the next track !
With a full room and a mix of PS4&5s I didn’t see any laggy or jittery cars. I also didn’t hear it either, the jittery cars made a constant screeching when the lobby is not the best.
There were many times I was racing door to door 2 or 3 wide in the turns and there was no worries about being bounced around.
What was everyone else’s experience?

With a full room and a mix of PS4&5s I didn’t see any laggy or jittery cars. I also didn’t hear it either, the jittery cars made a constant screeching when the lobby is not the best.
There were many times I was racing door to door 2 or 3 wide in the turns and there was no worries about being bounced around.
I had no issues either. I switched to hard wired ethernet connection because others would let me know i were having lag when i used to use wi-fi signal. My speed is 300 MBPS fiber optic so it helps very much to be on direct connection.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on December 10, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize A
  5. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize B
  6. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize C
  7. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. FREEREVN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Pudnick ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. Nyati Jumapili ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  14. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  15. cesarr64 ---------- did not submit a vote
  16. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (SH) at Deep Forest Raceway - S01 Dawn (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20 (RH) at Watkins Glen International Long Course - C06 Early Morning (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @DublDee gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Dragonwhisky so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
I had no issues either. I switched to hard wired ethernet connection because others would let me know i were having lag when i used to use wi-fi signal. My speed is 300 MBPS fiber optic so it helps very much to be on direct connection.
Awesome. I have a new plan and get over 1gig down and 20-25 meg up. Still on a PS4 Pro though.

Last edited:
Hard wired 300 mbps connection on a PS5 and the lobby was stable. Wheel to wheel racing was on point, no jitter coming from anyone.

Hard wired 300 mbps connection on a PS5 and the lobby was stable. Wheel to wheel racing was on point, no jitter coming from anyone.
Good to know. I have noticed lobby stability has been much better as of late, especially in among the all PS5 lobbies we're running on Friday nights. I did take a look at the replays from this past Sunday across known ps4 and ps5 drivers and overall stability did look very good and smooth across the board....did not witness any side to side jitters, screeching, or lag that has plagued the lobbies. May need to consider testing and opening the next Friday Night Series to both platforms again.

Good to know. I have noticed lobby stability has been much better as of late, especially in among the all PS5 lobbies we're running on Friday nights. I did take a look at the replays from this past Sunday across known ps4 and ps5 drivers and overall stability did look very good and smooth across the board....did not witness any side to side jitters, screeching, or lag that has plagued the lobbies. May need to consider testing and opening the next Friday Night Series to both platforms again.
oh I hope we can

Great night of racing, full 16 car grid, a stable lobby and very varied combos.
@FREEREVN Welcome to SNAIL, I hope you had fun with us and will be coming back !
@DublDee @CdnSweetTee Welcome back you two !
2023-12-10 Race 1.jpg

2023-12-10 Race 2.jpg
What a wonderful little car, I wish we had more tracks suitable for slow cars like these. It always makes for close clean racing, really pleased with that combo especially when I expected it to be voted off. Looking forward to next week, hopefully we'll be able to race it elsewhere.
2023-12-10 Race 3.jpg

2023-12-10 Race 4.jpg

Taking photos in the dark is hard, not too bummed to see this one go away.
2023-12-10 Race 5.jpg

2023-12-10 Race 6.jpg

@Pudnick I like your all gold Alfa. It shouldn't work but it does.

Last edited:
Great night of racing, full 16 car grid, a stable lobby and very varied combos.
@FREEREVN Welcome to SNAIL, I hope you had fun with us and will be coming back !
@DublDee @CdnSweetTee Welcome back you two !
View attachment 1311249
View attachment 1311250What a wonderful little car, I wish we had more tracks suitable for slow cars like these. It always makes for close clean racing, really pleased with that combo especially when I expected it to be voted off. Looking forward to next week, hopefully we'll be able to race it elsewhere.
View attachment 1311251
View attachment 1311252
Taking photos in the dark is hard, not too bummed to see this one go away.
View attachment 1311253
View attachment 1311254
@Pudnick I like your all gold Alfa. It shouldn't work but it does.
oh this is like my fifth time joining been around awhile but thanks for the warm welcome

View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 0 incidents on file.​

@Xradkins @DublDee will be included in a conversation shortly.​

Banner by @GamingPete
@zer05ive , @JLBowler , Prize A will be Hyundai Genesis Gr.3, Tires RM. At Daytona Road Course, S04 Dry, cloudy and sunny, ToD: Sunset. Lap times about 1:45s. Good for drafting passes and corner skills. Let’s have fun!

Alright, I know you were all waiting in anticipation for me to pick my favourite Tokyo layout 🤪🤣……but in the interest of keeping the lobby(s) full, I’ve decided to go with a track that everyone can enjoy, although some practice will be necessary for most of us.
We’ll be taking the Giulia to:

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B.
Time: Evening 20:10 clear.
2:17 approx mid div time.

Awesome in depth battle between GT7 and FM made by DigitalFoundry. The attention to detail in GT7 is on another level compared to Forza. PD aren't cutting corners on graphics that's for sure. They just need to relearn how to make a fun game like they did 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Back