◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,825 comments
request to rejoin please
@FREEREVN

Here's your official SNAIL RE-RE-RE-Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Incoming photos from last night
2023-12-03 Race 1.jpg

2023-12-03 Race 2.jpg

2023-12-03 Race 2 (2).jpg

Close finish for 5th and 7th place. @A_Higher_Place @arethosetacos for fifth and @Nyati_Jumapil @JamCar0ne and @racingchamp30 for seventh.
2023-12-03 Race 3.jpg

2023-12-03 Race 4.jpg

You know you are racing on an original PD track when there's a bridge crossing a lake in the infield of an oval. Usually PD are more into tunnels. I like that they put what looks to be docks in case you want to boat around such a small lake cut in half by a racetrack.
With all that said, fantasy tracks are my favorites !
2023-12-03 Race 5.jpg

2023-12-03 Race 6.jpg

Loved the first and third combos, but change the time of day for the first race, please 😅.
Not in direct reply to @A_Higher_Place here, just using it as it fits with my point.

Times like "dawn" and "sunset" may be pretty to look at but have you ever wondered why the vast majority of races either take place in the middle of the day or under artificial lighting? It's because driver visibility is a thing.

Last edited:
Not in direct reply to @A_Higher_Place here, just using it as it fits with my point.

Times like "dawn" and "sunset" may be pretty to look at but have you ever wondered why the vast majority of races either take place in the middle of the day or under artificial lighting? It's because driver visibility is a thing.
Also, test your time of day and weather and if you can't test it quickly just pick default time which is almost always late morning to late afternoon on most tracks.

I was pleasantly surprised with the third combo, we raced the Alfa last January but the physics were tuned a bit since then. It's much much better now.

Oh I just wanted to say that this week's race C is amazing. PD tuned street cars (BMW M3 is the META) on SM tires @ Trial Mountain. 7 laps which is a good length and its so refreshing to have something different to the usual GR3 and GR4 race cars. You know where to find me this week ;) @Kgffy This should be right up your alley.

Also, test your time of day and weather and if you can't test it quickly just pick default time which is almost always late morning to late afternoon on most tracks.

I was pleasantly surprised with the third combo, we raced the Alfa last January but the physics were tuned a bit since then. It's much much better now.

Oh I just wanted to say that this week's race C is amazing. PD tuned street cars (BMW M3 is the META) on SM tires @ Trial Mountain. 7 laps which is a good length and its so refreshing to have something different to the usual GR3 and GR4 race cars. You know where to find me this week ;) @Kgffy This should be right up your alley.
It seems that they heard your cries! I'll have to give this a go :)

Lighting is tres important. But I do like a change. But, I'm not a fan of the dark/rally-at-night look. I used to rely on shadows on the tarmac for brake points, so now I pick cloudy weather at times. "Early Morning" and "Late Afternoon" can sometimes have nice, stark lighting. (It would make it easier for @Worst_Driver to take pictures. 😁🥳 :cheers: Love them Worst.) And I like some clouds, but I never see them once I start racing.

Last edited:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on December 3, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 96 (96.00 for Prize A)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (91.00 for Prize B)
  3. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 81 (81.00 for Prize C)
  4. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. arethosetacos ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. flyingnightmare1 -- did not submit a vote
  10. Nyati Jumapili ---- did not submit a vote
  11. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22 (SS) at Blue Moon Speedway - Infield B - S11 Afternoon (16 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Worst_Driver wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth '87 (SM) at Deep Forest Raceway - S01 Dawn (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Nicktune gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @A_Higher_Place so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Request to rejoin…again
@DublDee

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

On a side note I upgraded my pedals to the T-LCM pedals and it came with a bag of springs and washers/spacers…..anybody know how to set these up properly, or if I need to change anything ?

There’s instructions included and you can look them up online. The way you stack them changes the feel. I think you also have to plug them into a computer to calibrate
Thanks and yes there are instructions….I was just hoping somebody had some experience with them and figured out the best combination/setting. I’ll play around a bit and find the springs/settings I need.

Thanks and yes there are instructions….I was just hoping somebody had some experience with them and figured out the best combination/setting. I’ll play around a bit and find the springs/settings I need.
You could have a look around here.

I also request to rejoin 😬
@CdnSweetTee

as participants.

Welcome to SNAIL

2023-12-10 Prize A.jpg

Prize A pick
Honda S800 '66 (CS Tires) @ Tsukuba Circuit Evening S16
Mid div lap time: 1:18

As you may know, I like to pick obsure cars so here goes this little Honda S800. It was never used in 13 years even though it was in every GT since 4. The sound is amazing. It is on the UCD for the next 7 days if you don't have it.

View attachment 1309361
Prize A pick
Honda S800 '66 (CS Tires) @ Tsukuba Circuit Evening S16
Mid div lap time: 1:18

As you may know, I like to pick obsure cars so here goes this little Honda S800. It was never used in 13 years even though it was in every GT since 4. The sound is amazing. It is on the UCD for the next 7 days if you don't have it.
Awesome combo won’t be back for two weeks ):

Back