◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Sorry for late notice, but I'm not going to be able to race tonight. It was Girl Scouts Girlapalooza at Six Flags today. Chasing after my girls, the 2 and half hour drive home through Atlanta traffic, and this head cold I have are forcing me to bed early. :/

You guys have fun.

Sorry for late notice, but I'm not going to be able to race tonight. It was Girl Scouts Girlapalooza at Six Flags today. Chasing after my girls, the 2 and half hour drive home through Atlanta traffic, and this head cold I have are forcing me to bed early. :/

You guys have fun.

Yea?? My 11 year old was out there also today with her troupe! 👍

Sorry I had to leave early d1. I was tired an could barely hold it together. I also apologize for any trouble i caused. Should probably not race when I am exhausted anymore. Also next week I will not be able to make it. Helping some friends repair their home after damage done by sandy.

hey SNAIL. i quit the Sunday series tonight half way thru because i kept getting knocked off track. i could just file a complaint but that only has negative reinforcement. it does nothing positive for me. so, no hard feelings, thank you for all you do, but i'm out. let me make this clear: handlebar is a great host and i will miss racing with some of the guys in D5. but it's just not fun. i do very well in D5 and i don't think i should have been promoted this month to D4 (for various reasons), but i can't go on in D5 like this.

i hope to find other ways to race in SNAIL. keep up the good work guys!

Last edited:
Bailed before Camaro race was over. A few incidents put me in a grouchy mood and couple that yesterday it would be 1am. Im to tired to put anything together. Which attributes to being grouchy too. Anyway. Vote 2 in case it was missed.

Next week I'll be conditioned for the time swap. Not a fan of the swap at all.

Requesting DQ for the whole night... I sucked rotten eggs and I am really sorry for my horrible driving. :ouch: I'll get it together next week!

Anyone gonna do anything for a little while after SPEC racing tonight? Using any of the division room to race?
Head to D1. We are going to run the combos for any one that wants another go.

I consider daylight saving time and the penny to be the proverbial canaries in the coal mine. As long as those obvious abominations are still around, I won't believe government can do anything :crazy:

hey SNAIL. i quit the Sunday series tonight half way thru because i kept getting knocked off track. i could just file a complaint but that only has negative reinforcement. it does nothing positive for me. so, no hard feelings, thank you for all you do, but i'm out. let me make this clear: handlebar is a great host and i will miss racing with some of the guys in D5. but it's just not fun. i do very well in D5 and i don't think i should have been promoted this month to D4 (for various reasons), but i can't go on in D5 like this.

Bailed before Camaro race was over. A few incidents put me in a grouchy mood and couple that yesterday it would be 1am. Im to tired to put anything together. Which attributes to being grouchy too. Anyway. Vote 2 in case it was missed.

Unfortunately, I had a similar experience in D3. I was the victim of several examples of poor racecraft. The worst part is that it's by the same driver(s) who are always getting penalties week after week. It's like they don't understand what racecraft is and probation does not affect them. I'm not sure what to do about drivers like this, but I'll talking to the stewards about putting something in place that allows for a heavier penalty than just probation. After all, the term "probation" in all areas of life means that someone needs to clean up their act, "or else". However, we've never defined the "or else" part of our probation. We may need to develop a suspension system that actually suspends the "problem" drivers from the league for a week - or four.

Unfortunately, I had a similar experience in D3. I was the victim of several examples of poor racecraft. The worst part is that it's by the same driver(s) who are always getting penalties week after week. It's like they don't understand what racecraft is and probation does not affect them. I'm not sure what to do about drivers like this, but I'll talking to the stewards about putting something in place that allows for a heavier penalty than just probation. After all, the probation in all areas of life means that someone needs to clean up their act, or else. However, we've never defined the "or else" part of our probation. We may need to develop a suspension system that actually removes "problem" drivers from the grid for a week or month.

Maybe once they get 4 weeks probation they are under league suspension for a set amount of time.

Just throwing it out there...

Edit - After tonight I may be the first one to get a suspension. :dunce:

Are you leaving?? :S

d4 was full of chaos, kind of wishing I got bumped up to d3, but I'm sure with these combos some people got bumped around.

Edit: Dangerzone belongs in d3 hands down. The races he won he was ten seconds ahead of the rest. maybe even d2.

From the OLR:

S.N.A.I.L. O.L.R.
other penalties may be assessed as deemed necessary.

We've already had to talk to a couple of drivers about cleaning up their racecraft or face permanent suspension. For the first guy it worked quite well. He cleaned things up immediately and we never heard another complaint. It's too soon to tell with the second guy.

I think the one problem right now is we have no defined time for when such a warning takes place. So far it's just happened when we get sick of hearing the same name over and over again…which is actually a decent measure.

zeromisfit999
Dangerzone belongs in d3 hands down. The races he won he was ten seconds ahead of the rest. maybe even d2.

If I can find the time to practice this week we should have a good race this Sunday.

You guys have seen what can happen when the Panda has practiced ;)

And you have seen what happens when I don't...

Filed my first complaint tonight, and it was a list! would have added more, but Im too tired to keep watching replays.

Back