◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
breaking news: i can't host tonight. dinner with in laws at 7 till who knows when :( unless someone takes my place, you all lucked out of running the brera.

Yes Turn 1 @ Daytona is a little tricky, but practice makes a world of difference for this turn. Once you know why the car behaves the way it does, you can correct it by changing the way you drive any said turn. Now that you know what you should NOT be doing and why, it's simply a matter of figuring how to get the car to do what you it to. This usually means changing something and seeing what happens (trial & error method) and that works, but if you understand the physics of a car, you just right to the issue and correct it. Practice Turn 1 and you get a better feel for that turn and you'll amazed at just how deceptively simple the change to your approach will make you start loving the turn instead of dreading it.

Watching you and some of the faster folks here and comparing how I managed my way through it, helped me figure out how much more exit of the turn there was to deal with. There really is a lot of space to be had, as long as your entry is wider. At least that's how I'm approaching it now and more practice will hopefully get me more comfortable with it.

The Bus Stop is all about speed, nothing more, nothing less. Carry as much speed through the Bus Stop as possible. The WAY you do that is what will make you fast on the exit. It sounds like you have a grip on how to take the Bus Stop, and you just need to practice it. I can give you the answers to every turn, but part of the joy is to be given just enough information to figure it out on your own. It's more enjoyably that way. I can tell you exactly what to do and when, but you'll still need to practice and master it for yourself, I cannot do that for you.

I have gone through the bus stop fast, problem right now is doing it consistently. Again, being aware of how to do it and executing it is key. Rep's will help no doubt.

Established, not once did I tell you should enjoy it, I said a lot of other people enjoy it and it sounds like fun to me.

I agree it SOUNDS like fun, but it falls short. What I find fun and what someone else finds to be fun are not always the same. I agree with you.

That's what S.N.A.I.L. is about, people taking part in the myriad of activities offered and they enjoy.

Again, I agree. A myriad of activities is awesome, but C&M & C&S are the same game.

To have fun???

How can I have fun when I'm the one getting gang-raped in every turn by EVERYONE. Again if my choices are going to the dentist for a route-canal or getting gang-raped, I'll visit the dentist, it's less painful and more less aggravating. All I ask for is a chance to win, is that really too much to ask for?

They are your sessions and it's your prerogative to choose when you run them.

You're right they are my sessions, my knowledge and my time that I'm freely giving away. However, when I see people I just taught the night before how to drive a certain track, and they did it right, lap after lap that night, then to see the same people royally mess up every turn lap after lap. *sigh* I find it frustrating to see the knowledge I had successful passed on to someone getting lost in the bad habits of dirty racing - or is it simply being wasted? As soon as I feel that my efforts are not desired or they are not being taken seriously, I will discontinue offering my knowledge. I have other things I could be doing with my time.

----------------

I was under the impression (and maybe I'm to blame for this impression) that this SNAIL group is about fair play and clean racing. I mean that is why the cars are locked to Tuning Prohibited and everyone racing clean, right? So I'm left wondering why a group of drivers who seem to be all about clean racing with little or NO racing contact would promote more dirty racing rather than clean racing throughout the week ?????

Last edited:
Im not a fan of tire wear either, and advocate against it in this kinda of race. to me its as pointless as having damage on. I don't run my C&M events with tire wear on. My nights are ran on a different format. you should try this Mondays event. Rally racing! then Rally C&M. then the week after that will be LM racing on a custom Eifel track with hopefully my new C&M Team racing.

Sadly no as the time doesn't suit....consider me a punching bag training buddy during the week :lol:

Thanks tez, I thought that was the case, just wanted confirmation. Too bad Sunday nights don't work out.

I would also like to point out, that when you train them, its in a more relaxed environment. they have a chance to run their lines without the threat of traffic smashing them around. WHen you add in the element of competition, dirty driving, all the chatter going on. Laughing, cringing, ect, someone who's just learned something, its going to go out the window. Crawl, walk, run. If you just trained them yesterday, then its unrealistic to expect them to have it down today. you didnt learn how to race over night. what makes you think they will?

While I have at times enjoyed the bump'n grind style racing, if I'm only a D3 driver, can I attend D1 events/training, whenever it's scheduled?

I know there are events where having a sub-skill driver is a liability, and renders the training sub-optimal (or regressive), but I mean "Let's work on this..." kinda stuff.

I would also like to point out, that when you train them, its in a more relaxed environment. they have a chance to run their lines without the threat of traffic smashing them around. WHen you add in the element of competition, dirty driving, all the chatter going on. Laughing, cringing, ect, someone who's just learned something, its going to go out the window. Crawl, walk, run. If you just trained them yesterday, then its unrealistic to expect them to have it down today. you didnt learn how to race over night. what makes you think they will?

You're right, I didn't learn to race over night, it took me months to learn and I wasn't undermining my efforts by doing things like dirty racing. The tactics for clean racing and dirty racing are not the same at all. This is why I feel my efforts are being wasted when the group promotes dirty racing more than clean racing throughout the week. Again, it took me months, and I shudder to think how long it will take someone to learn what I'm offering if they are undermining their own efforts. Pardon me for saying this but, I will not be party to those wasted efforts.

While I have at times enjoyed the bump'n grind style racing, if I'm only a D3 driver, can I attend D1 events/training, whenever it's scheduled?

I know there are events where having a sub-skill driver is a liability, and renders the training sub-optimal (or regressive), but I mean "Let's work on this..." kinda stuff.

If I'm hosting the training, you are welcome, regardless of skill level or what division you are in. In fact, if you are in D3, you will get more of my attention to help bring you up to speed with others in this group.

Baah, Im not filling that need. Do what you do. No need to get your panties into a bunch. It is just a game after all. Like I said before, the only thing you get for first place is a stoked ego. I race on GT for the fun of it. IMHO, being so serious takes away from that fun. But to each their own. Guess I wont worry about who you should be paired up with.

Baah, Im not filling that need. Do what you do. No need to get your panties into a bunch. It is just a game after all. Like I said before, the only thing you get for first place is a stoked ego. I race on GT for the fun of it. IMHO, being so serious takes away from that fun. But to each their own. Guess I wont worry about who you should be paired up with.

Racing is extremely fun when you know what the hell you're doing. Auto racing is a rolling game of chess. That tactics are all based on math and physics. (something that GT5 messed up with V.2.02) If you're racing for the fun of it, that's great. Yes GT5 is a game, but yet you signed up to run the races on Sunday, which is clearly a competition of driver skill rather than tuning skill. Why would you hinder your own efforts to win a race? Would you bring a knife to a gun fight? I know I wouldn't.

I race because I enjoy racing, I enjoy taking a turn faster than most people are comfortable thinking about. I enjoy doing it right. Yes, I want to win, it is the point of a race, to win, to beat the competition or the clock. If you are satisfied with mid-field in Div. 1 then I guess I wont worry about your asking for my advice.

How can I have fun when I'm the one getting gang-raped in every turn by EVERYONE. Again if my choices are going to the dentist for a route-canal or getting gang-raped, I'll visit the dentist, it's less painful and more less aggravating. All I ask for is a chance to win, is that really too much to ask for?

I find it a little hard to comment as I've not driven in the C&M or C&S nights. But it seems to me that that's the nature of the game. Whoever is in the lead is going to targeted. Someone who's had experience with C&M or C&S chime in to clarify.

You're right they are my sessions, my knowledge and my time that I'm freely giving away. However, when I see people I just taught the night before how to drive a certain track, and they did it right, lap after lap that night, then to see the same people royally mess up every turn lap after lap. *sigh* I find it frustrating to see the knowledge I had successful passed on to someone getting lost in the bad habits of dirty racing - or is it simply being wasted? As soon as I feel that my efforts are not desired or they are not being taken seriously, I will discontinue offering my knowledge. I have other things I could be doing with my time.

I hear you, I deal with people that daily follow that pattern. Nod and say yes and even do the right things when you're there. But when it comes time to do it on their own, they fall back into the old habits. As you've said practice, practice, practice.

I hope it doesn't get to the point of you discontinuing.

I was under the impression (and maybe I'm to blame for this impression) that that SNAIL's are about fair play and clean racing. So I left wondering why a group of drivers who seem to be all about clean racing with little or NO racing contact would promote more dirty racing rather than clean racing throughout the week ?????

S.N.A.I.L. started as a Sunday night group committed to a clean and fair playing field. Doughboy started a practice group on Wednesday, kind of a dry run for Sunday with some extras thrown in to change it up. Diabolic decided to do Friday nights with different combinations of cars, tires and tracks. Both are clean fun nights, no points, no muss, no fuss and lot's of fun.

Zer0 in his infinite wisdom (subtle 🤬 kissing) encouraged other people to set up their own nights for other S.N.A.I.L. activities. Rally had done C&M in an online lounge and had a blast and decided he would host part of a night for it, he also introduced Touge racing to the S.N.A.I.L.s. Zer0 has also started up the Thursday team racing.

The themes for the night are well published and understood, people can choose to drive in them or not.

Sundays, without a doubt are for clean and fair racing.

Again, I believe these were all promoted as fun nights, a night to play the game.

Except for Sunday nights, none of the rest of the S.N.A.I.L. nights are Division limited. You're more than welcome to participate 👍

1) Anyone hosting tonight's Race for Diabolic?

2) I dont know who's getting a stoked ego, as this SNAIL group is Ego-Free remember :)

3) Just putting this out there, but the last C&M game i was in, was at The Ring', and the first place guy was running away with it time and time again, yet there was plenty of wreckin' Racin' going on mid-pack, there was no "Team play" so to speak. The point is to WIN (stoked ego?) by having the first team across the line. That kinda showed people not "playing by the rules" as the point is to get your team in 1st, not wreck other's who are mid/back of the pack in no way in contention for coming close to first or worst.
Then last night, Devious and I were in front with no one to catch us, and we finished 1 & 2 while our team mates finished behind, i believe Devious & Lead won. I thought i had heard Zero or someone chime in about some people not "playing by the rules". Was that us, by not wrecking each other completly, or someone else for always wrecking the mid-packers and not chasing down the goal, the ones in front?
I've only been on 2 C&M games so far and im a bit confused. Is it about being a "Team" based game set to win by the team finishing first, which then the goal of everyone else should be take out the leader and leave the mid-packers alone (mostly) because you should be working together to catch the leader. Or is it more or less, barely team based, and a free-for-all, wrecking anyone you want, or someone who has a Target painted on them for that matter? Just asking. If your going to single out someone and wreck them over and over to were they have no fun (in a game thats suppose to be fun??), how are they going to like taking part in the C&M games, when you've kinda ruined it for them. and since you've "Targeted" said person, to eliminate them, so they have no chance of winning or finishing very low at best, is that you, stroking your Ego, getting in a "cheap thrill" if you will, "If i cant win on sunday, i'll ruin all your fun here"?

I was under the impression (and maybe I'm to blame for this impression) that this SNAIL group is about fair play and clean racing. I mean that is why the cars are locked to Tuning Prohibited and everyone racing clean, right? So I'm left wondering why a group of drivers who seem to be all about clean racing with little or NO racing contact would promote more dirty racing rather than clean racing throughout the week ?????

You're starting to change the verbiage of your argument and that's dangerous. What if someone was checking out this thread just to see what our league was all about, and while skimming through the posts, that person read the above paragraph. Don't you think they might get the wrong idea about everything we've spent months of time and effort trying to build up? I don't care if you don't like Cat & Mouse or Cat & Snail, but please stop associating it with whether we are clean or dirty drivers. If you start seeing dirty racing on league night, that's one thing, but why can't we have just a couple of nights during the week that are for team strategy, immature chaos, and laugh-out-loud fun??? I fully encourage you to express how much you hate C&M or C&S, but the point of those games is to take out your opponent so that you and your teammate finish first. It's completely unrelated to our league racing. For example, I wouldn't have a problem if your last paragraph read like this:

I was under the impression (and maybe I'm to blame for this impression) that this SNAIL group is about fair play and clean racing. I mean that is why the cars are locked to Tuning Prohibited and everyone racing clean, right? So I'm left wondering why a group of drivers who seem to be all about clean racing with little or NO racing contact would promote more dirty racing Cat & Mouse rather than clean racing throughout the week ?????

Do you see how that one tiny little change changes the entire complexion of your statement?

Last edited:
3) Just putting this out there, but the last C&M game i was in, was at The Ring', and the first place guy was running away with it time and time again, yet there was plenty of wreckin' Racin' going on mid-pack, there was no "Team play" so to speak. The point is to WIN (stoked ego?) by having the first team across the line. That kinda showed people not "playing by the rules" as the point is to get your team in 1st, not wreck other's who are mid/back of the pack in no way in contention for coming close to first or worst.
Then last night, Devious and I were in front with no one to catch us, and we finished 1 & 2 while our team mates finished behind, i believe Devious & Lead won. I thought i had heard Zero or someone chime in about some people not "playing by the rules". Was that us, by not wrecking each other completly, or someone else for always wrecking the mid-packers and not chasing down the goal, the ones in front?
I've only been on 2 C&M games so far and im a bit confused. Is it about being a "Team" based game set to win by the team finishing first, which then the goal of everyone else should be take out the leader and leave the mid-packers alone (mostly) because you should be working together to catch the leader. Or is it more or less, barely team based, and a free-for-all, wrecking anyone you want, or someone who has a Target painted on them for that matter? Just asking. If your going to single out someone and wreck them over and over to were they have no fun (in a game thats suppose to be fun??), how are they going to like taking part in the C&M games, when you've kinda ruined it for them. and since you've "Targeted" said person, to eliminate them, so they have no chance of winning or finishing very low at best, is that you, stroking your Ego, getting in a "cheap thrill" if you will, "If i cant win on sunday, i'll ruin all your fun here"?

Not everyone gets the fact that if you slow down first place, your guy will eventually catch up. This fact is also why Im slightly against really low PP cars, as opposed to ones around 300, 350pp. cause a mouse that goes as slower then a cat and a mouse combo that is being severely harassed has no chance in this game. Taking a swipe at a mouse or a cat while working your way up is not a bad thing, especially if you can spin a mouse and it lets your mouse pass. I however, always go for the lead guys and try to rock them until my mouse can catch up. Others think its a better idea to let the people already going for the leader do the hard work and they just push their guy up until they catch up. More people are happy to push their mouse, because they dont like wrecking people. Thats fine, they miss the point, but it is what it is. If someone feels "targeted," A, maybe they should look into why they think they are being targeted, and B. get over it.
The team concept of the game largely comes when your in the lead, defending and pushing and working together to keep your little train moving. Now as I said before, and it will be a rule in my C&M matchs, Anything after 3 teams will have a wild car. Whether its just the odd player out, or a team. and at 6 teams (12 drivers) one team will be the wild cars.making 5 racing teams and one wild team. I think the wild cars are really the most important aspect of keeping a close race, if you have two wild cars, one can disrupt the front, while the second pushs up the rear. However. It important to note. these are all just strategies. The only real rule, is to win, you have to be the team with your mouse across the line first. After that, pack up your feelings and leave them at the door.

Hey Rally, any idea if we are doing the Enduro thing tonight? Just asking

also hope no one is getting hurt feelings through all this talking, if so its not intended at all.

tough skin, I can take what I dish.
Mopar, I have no idea. Im not gonna be running tonight. I only really run Sun, Mon, and Thurs.

You're starting to change the verbiage of your argument and that's dangerous. What if someone was checking out this thread just to see what our league was all about, and while skimming through the posts, that person read the above paragraph. Don't you think they might get the wrong idea about everything we've spent months of time and effort trying to build up? I don't care if you don't like Cat & Mouse or Cat & Snail, but please stop associating it with whether we are clean or dirty drivers. If you start seeing dirty racing on league night, that's one thing, but why can't we have just a couple of nights during the week that are for team strategy, immature chaos, and laugh-out-loud fun??? I fully encourage you to express how much you hate C&M or C&S, but the point of those games is to take out your opponent so that you and your teammate finish first. It's completely unrelated to our league racing. For example, I wouldn't have a problem if your last paragraph read like this:

I was under the impression (and maybe I'm to blame for this impression) that this SNAIL group is about fair play and clean racing. I mean that is why the cars are locked to Tuning Prohibited and everyone racing clean, right? So I'm left wondering why a group of drivers who seem to be all about clean racing with little or NO racing contact would promote more dirty racing Cat & Mouse rather than clean racing throughout the week ?????

Do you see how that one tiny little change changes the entire complexion of your statement?

If someone comes into the middle of a conversation they have no context and will most likely get the wrong impression. They should have the brain power to realize they have come into the middle of a conversation. Maybe this is just using my brain, but if I were the person coming in the conversation in the middle I would do research about the questionable passage by, I don't know, reading the thread or by send the person who wrote the passage a PM to get the much needed context. I guess I'm just different in that regard.

As for your comment regarding a new person seeing my post, I will apologize if I have "scared" someone way from this group, that was clearly not my intention. However, I meant every word of what I said, and how it was worded.

As for Cat & Mouse, you do realize there are ways to play that cleanly. Armed with that knowledge and by the process of elimination, the Cat & Mouse games played by this group must be ..... ..it's okay you can say we all know the answer. Everything I said about the Cat & Mouse games played by this group I said because I believe it to be true, and it is my opinion.

If the primary focus for the SNAIL Group is the Sunday races then it should spend more time promoting that than "other" racing. As it stands now, I see more of the "other" racing judging by the group's own weekly scheduling. That, by itself, says a lot about the group as well. A group of friends playing games under the group name of SNAILS send a potentially wrong message to newcomers as well, but yet that's okay? :rolleyes:

Maybe we should specify the type of racing that will take place in each account during the week. I think it would make sense to correlate the "seriousness" of the activities with the Division number. For example, the Division1 lounge would be reserved for "serious" tutoring sessions and practice, while the Division3 lounge would be reserved for "anti-serious" or "dirty" Cat & Mouse and Team Battles. :lol:

You could do a booking system of sorts, as I think garris suggested. Just post when you want to do something in the lounge.

The way I see it, our Division1/2/3 lounges are currently only used for two hours out of the whole week. Why not make them more useful by holding events in them during the rest of the week as I mentioned above? If we did that, there wouldn't be a need for a SNAIL_FreeRun1 account and that means less PSN accounts that our members would need to add. Of course if we went with that idea, that would mean a lot of more people would have access to the Division1 lounge, including on Sunday nights. Do you think we'd have to worry about people joining the wrong lounge on league night? Or as garris said in this post, maybe we should just trust that our members know how system works and will join the correct lounge on Sunday night. 👍

I think it's worth a try, it's not too hard to change back if need be. Could be useful to have a link to the driver division list on the first page though. Make it as simple as possible for everyone to find out where they are.

EDIT: On second thought, if we all need to be friends with all three Snail_Division lounges so we can drive in them. We'll all have 2 extra friends.

If we do the Snail_FreeRun1 or whatever we only need 1 extra friend.

I know it's an extra account to create, but it could be done on a user request basis, versus a push from the account. Anyone that foresees racing in it could request the friendship, if not do nothing.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

we race for fun two nights a week. we have full time jobs, families and this GAME is a way to unwind. wed, fri and sun are Gtp olr enforced. tues..well I have another series on that day so I'm not sure but at worst it's 3/2 toward clean. No one it's forced into any activities if they don't wish to participate, but we do ask that if you are there, enjoy yourself. If anyone finds it hard too do that on a particular night, park it or find something else to do. Nothing but sunday is mandatory to maintain standing with the league. If you do choose to not partake and open a room elsewhere, this forum is always available as a place to post your whereabouts (lobby / lounge) and what it's happening there.

Last edited:
As a new member of Snail spec racing, i want to say the reason i joined was because of several factors.
1. Sunday spec races and the breaking in process required.
2. the high level of comradeship and fun the posts reflected.
3. a variety of races offered with different styles, use the selected cars, to "find the limits". also having tons of fun along the way.
As i have not participated in a Sunday spec race yet, i will be in division 3 this Sunday. Having properly broken in my cars, painted them, and practiced the tracks, I AM SO EXCITED!!! Had lots of fun with c&m last night and look forward to Sunday.

i am ChuthuluGoat

Back