◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
How can i participate this events?

I just sent you a PSN friend request so that you race with us in my private lounge on Sunday nights. Just be sure you have all three of the cars listed in the current line-up when you join my lounge. We start very promptly at 10pm EST and we race for two hours. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

zer05ive
I just sent you a PSN friend request so that you race with us in my private lounge on Sunday nights. Just be sure you have all three of the cars listed in the current line-up when you join my lounge. We start very promptly at 10pm EST and we race for two hours. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks for adding me as friend, now question is what can i do with car that are listed? Any restriction in tire or suspension settings?

@ KoreanBro it will be racing soft tires. As for the tuning...I'll let Zer0 tell yah (and the rest of us) how the coming week will go.

:D

I'm excited

Nice choices diabolic!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to tackling the first sector on TM-R very much. Although they are all well handling out of the box, the Concept should provide be interesting in a couple of the corners.

Lets get that first post updated Zer0! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I think that's Zero's intent with the series and one of the things I like about it. Making clean passes with this field is super rewarding because everyone is quite closely matched.

kcheeb, you hit the nail on the head..that is indeed my intent. I'm a huge Formula One fan so the best analogy I can think of is that I want passing in our league to resemble the passing you see in F1, and not at all like the passing you see in NASCAR. In other words, I want each pass to be a battle within a battle - a prize that has to be fought for, even if that fight lasts for multiple laps or even the entire race. In NASCAR, passes are not as rewarding because they happen so often. Cars will swap positions multiple times in the same lap and that's lame.

Although our cars are currently limited to the same PP and are relatively close in performance, there are still variances allowed in gearing, suspension, and downforce that cause some cars to be faster in some parts of the track and slower in other parts. This has caused some bunching up on the grid, especially at the start of races specifically. But in general, the variance in our cars performance (however big or small it may be) has me wanting to do more to make our cars even more similar, if not identical.

That why I'm hereby announcing that this league will be converted into a non-tuning league starting this Sunday night. This may not be a surprise to those who raced with us two Sundays ago when I openly discussed this possibility. Although I'm hesitant to tweak a format that seems to be enjoyed by everyone who participates, I strongly feel that this change will make the league even more enjoyable and accessible. In fact, those of you who've been following this league since it was posted on gtplanet know that I've wanted this league to be a non-tuning league since its inception. The only reason I didn't do so initially was because one of the founding league members felt very strongly that tuning needed to be allowed. He has since softened his stance on that position and is in favor of giving this non-tuning thing a try. 👍

The FD on Grand Valley was my favorite so I hate to change it but here goes... Same car on Indy Road Course.

Combination Update

Car: BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07
Track: Trial Mountain Reverse

At first, I was planning to convert the league to a non-tuning league slowly and methodically by stipulating that any new car introduced into the line-up would be a non-tuning car. However, after seeing that whatbadgerseat opted to keep the RX-7 (FD) in the line-up and knowing what Diabolic had in mind for his new car choice, I knew that the time was right so just "rip the band-aid off" and make the change in one fell swoop. This is because both of those cars combined with the Toyota GT 86 that's already in the line-up make for three cars that handle great "out of the box" without any tuning at all. I'm not saying that all the cars we race from now on will have perfect handling, but I definitely think that starting this non-tuning experiment with three cars that handle great stock will definitely help ease us into this new format with minimal growing pains.

Please let me know what your thoughts are about this. I appreciate everyone's feedback on this change, regardless of whether it's positive or negative.

Last edited:
kcheeb, you hit the nail on the head..that is indeed my intent. I'm a huge Formula One fan so the best analogy I can think of is that I want passing in our league to resemble the passing you see in F1, and not at all like the passing you see in NASCAR.

So where do I get my DRS and KERS :sly:

That why I'm hereby announcing that this league will be converted into a non-tuning league starting this Sunday night.

This will be interesting, makes things a lot easier from a drivers perspective. No more fiddling with suspension and transmissions. Not sure how much time I spent messing with them, but more than my fair share.

Just get in and go!!!

Awesome, can't wait! Off to buy the 7 and the BMW. See you guys Sunday! *crossing fingers that I don't work!!!*

Sounds good, but don't forget that you can't add anything to the car or reduce its weight. Otherwise, the prohibited tuning setting won't allow you onto the track. All you'll want to do to the car is put it in a 200-mile Bspec race to break-in the engine and then get an oil change when you're done.

So where do I get my DRS and KERS :sly:

There's no way to simulate KERS, but there is indeed a way to simulate DRS! All we have to do set the slipstream strength to Strong. That way, any car within one second of another car on the longest straight of the track should easily be able to slingshot by. I know you were just joking about that, but it's certainly an option if passing in our league becomes too difficult. However, I doubt that will be the case since plenty of mistakes will be made and passing can always be done at those times.

This will be interesting, makes things a lot easier from a drivers perspective. No more fiddling with suspension and transmissions. Not sure how much time I spent messing with them, but more than my fair share.

Just get in and go!!!
Yup, the "arrive and drive" aspect is certainly one of the benefits. However, just like in Formula One, a premium will be placed on qualifying since passing on the track will be more difficult. I have no doubt that the best drivers will still find their way to the front, but the quality of battles for each position should definitely be improved. 👍

Last edited:
There's no way to simulate KERS, but there is in deed a way to simulate DRS! All we have to do set the slipstream strength to Strong. That way, any car within one second of another car on the longest straight of the track should easily be able to slingshot by. I know you were just joking about that, but it's certainly an option if passing in our league becomes too difficult. However, I doubt that will be the case since plenty of mistakes will be made and passing can always be done at those times.

Hadn't thought about it like that, interesting concept. One I'm sure Diabolic will vehemently oppose :lol:

Looking forward to Sunday.

Yup, the "arrive and drive" aspect is certainly one of the benefits. However, just like in Formula One, a premium will be placed on qualifying since passing on the track will be more difficult. I have no doubt that the best drivers will still find their way to the front, but the quality of battles for each position should definitely be improved. 👍

I'm all for that 👍

You must be licking your chops for November and the F1 race. The corner at the top of the course is going to be crazy! The cars should be so unloaded up there, it'll be cool to watch them try to get some grip.

You must be licking your chops for November and the F1 race. The corner at the top of the course is going to be crazy! The cars should be so unloaded up there, it'll be cool to watch them try to get some grip.

I'm almost still in disbelief that an F1 track will be in my backyard in less than a year. It's almost a surreal feeling. I flew to Shanghai in 2004 for the inaugural Chinese Grand Prix and I made my pilgrimage to Spa-Francorchamps in 2010 for the Belgian Grand Prix. Now to think that I can just hop in my car and drive about 30 minutes to a world-class F1 track is hard to believe! I agree that COTA's turn 1 will offer something very unique and challenging to all drivers who encounter it. It'll never gain the reputation or lore of Eau Rouge, but even if just puts a unique stamp on the track to help it stand apart from the crowd, it'll be a victory for the track! 👍

200mile bspec race??? Whaaa?? Lol. I was just going to do the oil change. My bspec guy is only like at lv 8. And about the F1 event, I'll be there!!

200mile bspec race??? Whaaa?? Lol. I was just going to do the oil change. My bspec guy is only like at lv 8. And about the F1 event, I'll be there!!

Take it out for 6 or 7 laps on the new X track :)

Isn't it 30 miles or is that km's?

Ok, so just to be clear, there is no tuning whatsoever now, correct?

That's correct. Most of the parts you've probably added can easily be removed in the tuning screen. If you've added any aero kits, you'll have to go back to GT Auto to remove them. However, things like chassis reinforcement and weight reduction can't be undone. If you've done either of those, you'll have to buy another car unfortunately.

The best way to make sure that your cars will be able to race on Sunday night is to enter your Lounge and go to Regulation Settings. Then under Vehicle Tuning, change the setting to Prohibited. If all three of your cars can enter the track after doing that then you're good to go. However, if any car is blocked from entering the track then you know there's something that still needs to be removed from that car.

That's correct. Most of the parts you've probably added can easily be removed in the tuning screen. If you've added any aero kits, you'll have to go back to GT Auto to remove them. However, things like chassis reinforcement and weight reduction can't be undone. If you've done either of those, you'll have to buy another car unfortunately.

The best way to make sure that your cars will be able to race on Sunday night is to enter your Lounge and go to Regulation Settings. Then under Vehicle Tuning, change the setting to Prohibited. If all three of your cars can enter the track after doing that then you're good to go. However, if any car is blocked from entering the track then you know there's something that still needs to be removed from that car.

Ok sounds good. It seems like a smart idea too!

Thank you for friend add zero.I'd like to race with you all on Sunday night.The last few days we had a storm and my internet is not working right since.If any on you see me lag just say so and ill back out of the race.Nothing worse that being wrecked due to someone lagging.
Zero told me to introduce myself here so here goes.My PSN is alleycat22469 (feel free to add me)I live in Carson City NV.been playing Gran Turismo since the first one came out on ps1,and I still lose 90% of my races.Im 43 years old,male,and a disabled veteran.

Hello all,

I'm very interested in your league, Zero told me to introduce myself as well, so here it goes. I'm 30 and have been playing GT since GT1 on PS1. I have my PS3 hard-wired to minimize lag, I use a Logitech GT4 era steering wheel, and I have a bluetooth earpiece but haven't used it yet. Fun fact, I placed 59th in the Southeast out of thousands of competitors in the US GT Academy. I'm great at time trials and AI but interacting with human's on the track is a whole other game I'd like to master. I love the idea of unmodified cars, as it all comes down to the driver, I don't care much for tuning. My PSN is AG07WRXTR, I live near Orlando, FL and look forward to some GREAT racing!

Thanks for reverting back to stock settings. At least now I can really see how far off I am with you guys and work from there. See you all Sunday (Friday also possibly)

Hey alleycat and jag, welcome!

I'm a veritable newb to the league too, been here two weeks. You're really going to like this group. Fun and friendly competition.

If you have any questions, fire away. Someone here will answer!

See you Sunday.

Here's a dumb question,but how do you have your post say your game level and or groups you run in under your posts.I'm still a knuckle dragging caveman when it comes to the computer.

Here's a dumb question,but how do you have your post say your game level and or groups you run in under your posts.I'm still a knuckle dragging caveman when it comes to the computer.

Click on My GTPlanet in the upper right area of the forum. From there you can edit your signature and add whatever you want in.

Hadn't thought about it like that, interesting concept. One I'm sure Diabolic will vehemently oppose.

And why is that....hmmmmm

You're right btw :sly:

About me
I'm decent, but you're welcome to form your own opinion. I rarely spend more than ten minutes tuning any one car at a time. I use auto transmission, ds3 d pad and drive in third person view.

Oh and I'm a sucker for 80s japanese cars. 👍

Last edited:
And why is that....hmmmmm

You're right btw :sly:

It happens from time to time 👍

It occurs to me I didn't introduce myself.

I'm likely one of the older guys driving in this club (51) and probably one of the newer to sim-driving. It started with F1 2010 about a year and a half ago, then on to the GT5 addiction! I did play a lot of the old arcade driving games and even a few on my C-64 :)

I drive with a Fanatec CSR-E and Clubsport Pedals mounted on a Playseat Evolution, complete with a Buttkicker to up the immersion.

Most of my car set up time is spent working to get the right transmission for the circuit. I do spend some time with the suspension though, usually just the sway bars. Right now, I'm reading a car set up book, so I'll soon be playing around to see what I can mess up (not for this club though).

For me, it's all about competing. Win, lose or draw, if I'm in a battle, I'm happy!

Have to say I'm enjoying breaking in the RX-7.Very fun car.Can't wait to break in the other 2 cars.

I agree, it's a great car. I can't believe your breaking them all in manually though. That's what B-spec drivers are for! :D

I use stock transmission unless race is over city course...then I'll jump for the close.

Yeah, but adding a close-ratio transmission will disqualify the car now that we're a non-tuning league. I'm sure you already knew that, but I just wanted to post a clarification so that nobody misunderstands your post to mean that they can upgrade their transmission if we race on a city course.

Back