◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,997 comments
I am now 6:08:43 in, with a 6 minute gap, and it's full dark and still raining. Where the hell is the damn red flag? Suspending race for the night. Will see how many stints I can stand to do tomorrow. I don't know if it's because my front end is trashed as well, but with high beams on I can't see the road in front and low beams don't shine down the road far enough. Lap times are in the low to mid 10minutes now. Ran a 9:23.9 when I was messing with the TCS and ABS. I've got TCS off now and ABS set to 5. Makes the car much easier to slow down and so long as I wait to hit full throttle until past 120MPH the back end behaves, mostly. It's really weird how random spins just seem to occur. I swear I'm not heavy on the throttle and the car just decides to put me in the guardrail.

Which car are you using Tez?

I did another stint to get it beyond the 4 hour mark (2 laps to the good after 59 total). I have TCS as well given it's been raining the whole way thus far and also since I'll be swapping between using the DS3 and DFGT. It seems that when you load up a suspended race, it restores the car to how it looked at the start of the race so I was very happy that my lights may be just fine :D

I went with the Peugeot 908 (team Oreca livery) since that's the car I was using for the 750PP Real Circuit Tour seasonal so it had a tune on it already. I did take off the high-end turbo though as I thought 705PP would produce closer racing with the AI.

The race lineup is one of the best I've seen for an enduro in GT5; all three Pescarolo's, both Audi R8's ('01 and '05), the Bentley and the BMW V12 are my chief rivals for it....maybe they'll start catching me back up when (if?) the rain stops :lol:

I am now 6:08:43 in, with a 6 minute gap, and it's full dark and still raining. Where the hell is the damn red flag? Suspending race for the night. Will see how many stints I can stand to do tomorrow. I don't know if it's because my front end is trashed as well, but with high beams on I can't see the road in front and low beams don't shine down the road far enough. Lap times are in the low to mid 10minutes now. Ran a 9:23.9 when I was messing with the TCS and ABS. I've got TCS off now and ABS set to 5. Makes the car much easier to slow down and so long as I wait to hit full throttle until past 120MPH the back end behaves, mostly. It's really weird how random spins just seem to occur. I swear I'm not heavy on the throttle and the car just decides to put me in the guardrail.

Which car are you using Tez?
Hey don't give up Dragon! I've been following your progress as if i was watching it live. You gotta go thru a lot of **** to finish a 24 HR stint! Keep it up! You can do it! Just be patient and it will be awesome at the finish line

I'm about to give up. I haven't even started yet, because I can't find a car that I'm happy with.

Edit. I'm going to put off the 24 hour until I'm level 40 so I can run the ring. I don't like la sarthe enough to do it. I've been working too much recently anyways.

I started sarthe with 100% rain and ran for about an hour, the got bored:crazy:. Then I ran the A spec tuner championship with GTR black mask GT academy car '12. Tons of fun!

kcheeb, if I have a wooden racing seat I built myself will the buttkickers shake the screws out? Also has anyone used the gaming ones? How do you like them?

I started sarthe with 100% rain and ran for about an hour, the got bored:crazy:. Then I ran the A spec tuner championship with GTR black mask GT academy car '12. Tons of fun!

kcheeb, if I have a wooden racing seat I built myself will the buttkickers shake the screws out? Also has anyone used the gaming ones? How do you like them?

Because of the dynamics of wood, you should be fine. But I would go over the screws occasionally just to be sure. One good thing about wood over pvc or metal rigs is that the wood better transfers the vibrations but also keeps the vibrations more local, meaning that if you use say, 4 kickers, 1 at the pedals, and at the shifter and a left and right, they shouldn't mingle with each other.

lol not that it matters but all because i called someone a name? i never called anyone a name but ok. sometimes you guys take this way to serious. i may not be fast in gt5 but that doesnt mean im not entitled to my opinion. just because you are faster at gt5 or better at any video game doesnt mean i have to bow down to you. if half of you raced irl you would prolly drive alot different and have much smaller egos. im pretty sure not a single one of you could keep up will hillracing irl. sorry for jacking the thread. im done now

oh well did we decide what to race ?

nascar/indy or lmp/fgt or f2007 is my pick

Because of the dynamics of wood, you should be fine. But I would go over the screws occasionally just to be sure. One good thing about wood over pvc or metal rigs is that the wood better transfers the vibrations but also keeps the vibrations more local, meaning that if you use say, 4 kickers, 1 at the pedals, and at the shifter and a left and right, they shouldn't mingle with each other.

There are also rubber isolators you can get to mount the chair/seat/rig on. Helps with allowing it to vibrate 👍

Zero or Kcheeb, could you log into D2. Go to my name and download the track I have in share. Then take that track and set it to share on D2. We are planning to use it for the Oval event next month. This will be an easier way to distribute it.

3/8 Left Hand Oval-

all others this track is a lot of fun for kart, drifting, and general time killing. ;) comes highly recommended.

Thank you

zer05ive, can you deal with this? I don't have a Save game for the S.N.A.I.L. accounts on my machine.

:cheers:

Hey don't give up Dragon! I've been following your progress as if i was watching it live. You gotta go thru a lot of **** to finish a 24 HR stint! Keep it up! You can do it! Just be patient and it will be awesome at the finish line

Thanks for the encouragement. No plans to abandon the race. I finish what I start. If it rains the entire race I don't think "awesome" will be how I describe it :crazy::boggled::ouch:. Having my game progress at 100% will be enough for me at that point.

death by meeting minutes! Anyone out there looking to hire a good mechanic? I'll need 20 an hour, but I can wrench, weld fabricate and just about anything else (except body work) that a good speed shop would need. Office work is exactly how I thought it would be. Crap! Can't wait to get out of PMO and into development.

Last edited:
Oh, and, I'M ON TOP!
While I'm up here...
Look at me!

I would like to reiterate. If you recently requested a color number combo, please, click my name, go to my page And leave me a message on my wall. This will insure that your choice will be seen and added to the list.

Last edited:
Rally,

I think im going to ahead and try a touge event for Sunday night. If anyone is interested I will be putting up some details later! Hopefully I can get enough people to have some fun battles. :D

Attention SNAIL Stewards / kcheeb/ zer05ive

Please make your way to the Stewards Forum to vote on a proposed change to SNAIL OLR.

RE: "No passing on Turn 1 of Lap 1"

@drivers
Feel free to comment on this proposed change.

ahhh, keep it positive :nervous: , and enjoy your day!

Please make your way to the Stewards Forum to vote on a proposed change to SNAIL OLR.

@drivers

Turtle Race League has a good description of that rule. Maybe that's where you got the idea, Idk. Good verbiage though regarding that.

Having had some connection and lag issues this past weekend, I thought it best to remind everyone of some things you can do to help reduce network issues on race night. Obviously we'll never be able to completely eliminate them, there are just too many variables. But, if you can make sure come race night, you've done at a minimum steps 2 and 3, the lounge you're racing in will have a better chance at a smooth night.

What you can do to help minimize connection and lag issues

1) Reboot your isp's modem/router prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
2) Reboot your PS3 prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
3) Clear your GT5 in game System Cache prior to joining your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge.
4) Minimize the number of devices using your Internet connection while racing.
5) Turn off PS3 System Notifications while racing.
6) Don't join your SNAIL_DivisionX lounge before the Primary Host does. If the Primary Host is not the first in the room, everyone exits and lets the Primary Host enter first.

Step 1 is not usually necessary. I've found when my modem is on for long periods and not rebooted, I get connection issues in almost every game I play online. If you've experienced connection issues in the past, it's not going to hurt.

If anyone else has any hot tips on how to minimize connection and lag issues, let me know and I'll add them to this post.

Thanks!

I'd like to add to this:
When I configure my network settings I disable the UPnP and it seems to provide a more stable connection.

Anyone thoughts or other experiences with regards to this?

Drag race? ;)
This?
images

Oshawa-Joe

@drivers

Some racers push the racing to a limit. I agree with this rule, so 👍 👍 👍

Turtle Race League has a good description of that rule. Maybe that's where you got the idea, Idk. Good verbiage though regarding that.

Ahh, not maybe. I'm friends with Psycho and was one of the original people to sign up (June 2012) with Turtle when they started up. Lots of great people over there.

However I'm first and foremost a SNAIL :cheers:

Last edited:
My eyes are bad. Does that say Da Panda Drag Race?

@stewards

We need at least one more person to help out with race incidents please.

Last edited:
Ahh, not maybe. I'm friends with Psycho and was one of the original people to sign up (June 2012) with Turtle when they started up. Lots of great people over there.

However I'm first and foremost a SNAIL :cheers:

In Turtle, we are allowed to pass people before the first turn if we can get completely by them before the turn such as when the person in front gets a bad start or when a car in front of you goes really wide or off by over cooking the corner.

As long as that is part of the rule, it is a good rule to implement and prevents really avoidable first turn mayhem.

... we are allowed to pass people before the first turn if we can get completely by them before the turn such as when the person in front gets a bad start or when a car in front of you goes really wide or off by over cooking the corner.

Exactly. The way it is now people are trying to pass in the middle of the first corner of the first lap with minimal overlap, if any. Because it's the first corner, it appears (to me) that some people simply get out of the way and "expect" to have people go into the corner beside them in a way that would not be acceptable at any other point in the race.

martin20az
Can you pass the ones that go wide and blow turn 1?

Or does everyone stack up behind?

The rule is not official Martin, just give your opinion about that. The stewards want us to do it.

So you want to make everyone tiptoe through turn one and not make any passes. What happens when the filed gets to turn two and someone gets over aggressive? What about the last turn of the race, drivers often get aggressive there too. Should we look at outlawing passes in the last turn as well?

It's racing. As soon as the green flag drops, you should be looking to improve your position. You should also be doing so in a way that is within the rules. If you can't follow the rules, you should be penalized. The first turn is no different from any other turn and the rules should be enforced just as they are at any other time.

If you want to make a decision to move over and stay out of the way because of what someone might do, then that's your decision and you will give up whatever positions that costs you. We don't need to take away passing in corner one just because of what some guys might do which is already against the rules. Suck it up, hold your line, and if you get moved out of the way, file a complaint.

So, any ideas for Wednesday night practice time slot since next Sunday is an off night?? Cat and Mouse at the Nurb? Maybe some NASCAR shenanigans?? I want to drive SOMETHING (other than my wife up the wall) !! Also, any ideas for the Sunday time slot yet?? I know I am shooting myself in the foot but an endurance race for Sunday would be pretty cool!! A couple of hours of light hearted silliness with your favorite vice??

Cat and Mouse sounds like a good idea! 👍

C&M sounds fun, but I was also hoping we could try this out tonight. Then again, I'm not sure the new lineups will be announced by tonight. You guys make the call. If we can't try out the "test" format tonight, there's always next Wednesday. :)

So you want to make everyone tiptoe through turn one and not make any passes. What happens when the filed gets to turn two and someone gets over aggressive? What about the last turn of the race, drivers often get aggressive there too. Should we look at outlawing passes in the last turn as well?

It's racing. As soon as the green flag drops, you should be looking to improve your position. You should also be doing so in a way that is within the rules. If you can't follow the rules, you should be penalized. The first turn is no different from any other turn and the rules should be enforced just as they are at any other time.

If you want to make a decision to move over and stay out of the way because of what someone might do, then that's your decision and you will give up whatever positions that costs you. We don't need to take away passing in corner one just because of what some guys might do which is already against the rules. Suck it up, hold your line, and if you get moved out of the way, file a complaint.

Ditto!

JLBowler

The first turn, it would be great for the time to making racers think about that and after it will be a religion in the league to are very careful at the 1st turn.(They will maybe understand the 2nd turn JL):lol: I think that rule will making a pression on the agressives drivers and avoid so much FUTURE accidents cause by impatient move on cold tires first turn. But if you ask me if I like that, its a no, but for the league its different. When you cant give your 100% and cupples of these things affect you, its sad for you or the other racers.

Back