◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,851 comments
I confirm the above. Or we could do laps. Just pick a lap count that would likely average out. Especially if we are using the same exact tires… these combos are within a few seconds of each other on the same track.

I think I’d rather go to a lap count because it is a known quantity, otherwise people are getting left out or the race is getting interrupted in the middle of a lap.

Last edited:
would it be possible to come up with a couple different room settings/procedures and then trial them between the divisions over the next few weeks?

We've been testing but it kind of seems that there has just been a control group.

Last edited:
D1 race two tried something cool with setting the grid by getting into grid position before 1 minute of race time came. Order was based on reverse results of first race. The actual racing started a standing start when the "race clock" said 1 minute. It worked in D1 really well. Plenty of time to line up on the actual grid marks of the track. Nice idea!

if we did laps instead of endurance we could laps instead of endurance. We'd have to agree for the race to begin at x:xx time though and have an honor system about false starts or we could just do a rolling start.

These are good ideas and feedback. Keep them coming.

Whatever gets decided, if it involves instructions being given and followed, I think being able to join and at least listen to the party chat is going to have to be a requirement. We can't have guys driving around bumping into other cars while we are trying to set a grid.

Standing start has historically worked in @llNovall series when we had staggered start times for different car classes. Easily policed in replay if someone has a complaint.

But mandatory voice chat (listening at the very least) is the only way we can do it quickly and efficiently.

Make it so number 1!

Standing start has historically worked in @llNovall series when we had staggered start times for different car classes. Easily policed in replay if someone has a complaint.

But mandatory voice chat (listening at the very least) is the only way we can do it quickly and efficiently.

Make it so number 1!
Not a fan of mandatory chat listening because the track/car sounds are lowered and difficult to here the games sounds while chat party is on. I tried to get PS4 to leave to chat while in a race and the game put the car into auto drive and the car went wild. Bad Robot, Bad! I want to here my car scream rather then a bunch of girls joking around (jk). LOL

Last edited:
We can mandatory mute mics during races. This has always been the rule but I think we have just let it fly in this testing period for fun.

Last edited:
That’s a flaw with the PS5. No ability to separate game volume from chat volume. That’s a problem I can’t stand. But chat is really the only way to get people organized on a modified starting grid. Worked pretty well in the Michelin series race.

I use the little wired mic connected to the controller and I have the game volume through the tv and the chat through the earpiece. And the earpiece has a switch to mute my voice. So no problem here.

I assume people running everything through a headset can’t separate the two functions?

I have the PULSE 3D wireless headset and it lets you control game sound vs chat sound on a slider bar.

I think the Traction control glitch needs to be addressed. Seemingly random, per race, traction control will be on. This is not spec racing when this glitch strikes.

On a side note, the lobby setting restrictions seem fine for an endurance series. Anyone interested in bringing that back?

Last edited:
That’s a flaw with the PS5. No ability to separate game volume from chat volume. That’s a problem I can’t stand. But chat is really the only way to get people organized on a modified starting grid. Worked pretty well in the Michelin series race.
I'm able to shift the balance from game to chat with my PSGold headphones on PS5.

D1 race two tried something cool with setting the grid by getting into grid position before 1 minute of race time came. Order was based on reverse results of first race. The actual racing started a standing start when the "race clock" said 1 minute. It worked in D1 really well. Plenty of time to line up on the actual grid marks of the track. Nice idea!
+1, it went better than expected but we were only 6. I’m all for testing that method with more people to see how it goes. Its nice to see the workaround solutions people come up with. The broken lobbies wont kill SNAIL.

Not a fan of mandatory chat listening because the track/car sounds are lowered and difficult to here the games sounds while chat party is on. I tried to get PS4 to leave to chat while in a race and the game put the car into auto drive and the car went wild. Bad Robot, Bad! I want to here my car scream rather then a bunch of girls joking around (jk). LOL
You absolutely can balance volume between party chat and game volume. That combined, with mandatory mic mutes as the race begins, should solve these issues.

D1 scores entered. Thanks @gatordaryl for screenshots and replays.

Not a fan of the rolling starts. Too many incidents getting ready, at start and after start. Rolling post-caution re-start in Nova's races are fine as part of a longer race.

If we stick with grid / reverse grid than, imho, the shortest way is reorder on the grid with a small or mid size field. The easiest way (longer for short/mid, but easier for full grid) is a full lap at 1/2 pace, reorder in flight with easy passes and then standing start when you come around to the grid.

I’m aware of the options to adjust the level of game volume to chat volume. That adjustment can be made on the bottom of the home screen.

What I’m talking about is being able to use both volume adjustments on my headset to choose between volume levels for each. That’s no longer an option on the PS5.

Does anyone have a headset that offers that option of separate volume adjustments ? I don’t want to use TV speakers for game noise. I prefer everything going to the headset.

I use the little wired mic connected to the controller and I have the game volume through the tv and the chat through the earpiece. And the earpiece has a switch to mute my voice. So no problem here.

I assume people running everything through a headset can’t separate the two functions?
Yes, the audio output is different on the PS5 and it sucks. Personally, I always used the optical out to my hifi and let the whole house feel the sweet song of a B16 at 9500RPM, and then plugged the earpiece clumsily into the DS4. With the PS5; I had to choose whether to run audio via USB (Side note: really dickheads, you had to take away the dedicated audio out...and while I'm on the topic it was a ****** move to pull bluetooth audio support like the damn PS3 had...) where it assumed my integrated amp was a headset and refused to separate game and chat audio, or clown it with a 3.5mm to my amp where the PS5 knew no wiser and then plug my earpiece into the controller. The latter was the only solution I have found to segregate chat audio from game audio. Because I really can't be bothered to drive without my big speakers blasting away letting me know what the car is doing.

/rant

Those of you who see me on at 3-6AM are probably laughing right now.

Yes, the audio output is different on the PS5 and it sucks. Personally, I always used the optical out to my hifi and let the whole house feel the sweet song of a B16 at 9500RPM, and then plugged the earpiece clumsily into the DS4. With the PS5; I had to choose whether to run audio via USB (Side note: really dickheads, you had to take away the dedicated audio out...and while I'm on the topic it was a ****** move to pull bluetooth audio support like the damn PS3 had...) where it assumed my integrated amp was a headset and refused to separate game and chat audio, or clown it with a 3.5mm to my amp where the PS5 knew no wiser and then plug my earpiece into the controller. The latter was the only solution I have found to segregate chat audio from game audio. Because I really can't be bothered to drive without my big speakers blasting away letting me know what the car is doing.

/rant

Those of you who see me on at 3-6AM are probably laughing right now.
I am on a PS5 using the wired earpiece ;)

I’m aware of the options to adjust the level of game volume to chat volume. That adjustment can be made on the bottom of the home screen.

What I’m talking about is being able to use both volume adjustments on my headset to choose between volume levels for each. That’s no longer an option on the PS5.

Does anyone have a headset that offers that option of separate volume adjustments ? I don’t want to use TV speakers for game noise. I prefer everything going to the headset.
Yeah my headset has they typical volume button and then another pair of buttons that balance between game and chat volume. PlayStation golds

Race audio solved.
1653405425517.png

Nothing again on the lobbies BUT won’t you look at that:

- Added 55 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café.

SWEET !!!

Back