◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
I know what he likes...
fDQ8WG.jpg

The stewards have completed their reviews and @Timlour is our third prize winner this week. He is clear to choose a track to go with the RX-7 which may become the RX-8 if it disappears from the UCD.

Prize B selection: The RX-7 is in the freezer.

With that said, I think it is the first time that a car from the UCD lasts more than a week. Chances are very strong that the RX-7 GT-X '90 won't be available to buy in the UCD next sunday night. What happens if next sunday the car is not available to buy anymore ?

The majority of people have the car due to it being raced last sunday in that case but even with that fact do we fall on the original back up car, which was the RX-8 Spirit R, if the RX-7 GT-X is gone from the UCD ?

1. @JamCar0ne Decent Amount of handling, great choice for combo.
2. @TexHill Was fun with Samba.
3. @CdnSweetTee Fun Combo with the Nismo at Spa.
4. @Skills @JLBowler I tried the Ford GT350 at Daytona Road course and was too squirrelly for me to handle. Ford GT Race Car '18 is perfect for Daytona Road course. Plenty of Grip and really good acceleration out of corners. I like to do it this way because we are a racing online family in Snail. Mine as well ask all who are in the same division i race in to make suggestions of the next combo that would not just be fun for me to handle but others as well. Snail is a racing online family and i test each suggestion out not just having the drivers who i compete with on the track every Sunday but also the entirety of Snail that everyone will enjoy each week.

My prize A pick will be:

Car: Ford GT Race Car '18.
Tires: RM
Track: Daytona Road Course.
Time of Day: S06 Evening
Cost to buy: 1,000,000 credits
Time i got on track was 1:46.662
Power and Weight to the car is 527 HP/2,646 lbs.

Great pick, it’s been a while we had a proper race car.

The GT350 was probably twitchy because of the racing hard tires, makes it harder to drive than sports tires because once you lose grip it snaps and you have no chance of catching it.
I use a controller but with PS5 dualsense, the vibrations help me to accelerate better out of the corners. I can feel if the vehicle i am driving is either good or not on the track. The GT350 was to twitchy.

I use a controller but with PS5 dualsense, the vibrations help me to accelerate better out of the corners. I can feel if the vehicle i am driving is either good or not on the track. The GT350 was to twitchy.
I read that the new dualsense are awesome and the motion control is much improved.
I do miss the analogue buttons on the DS3 though.
E489F01D-0334-4A2B-B1CD-F4EC97852B9C.jpeg

Last edited:
Tentative cars for this Sunday:

1. Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 on SM Tires @ Dragontrail International Raceway Seaside - S11 Night - (7 Laps)
2. Mazda Roadster Touring Car on SS Tires @ Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - S03 Afternoon - (10 Laps)
3. Ford GT Race Car '18 on RM Tires @ Daytona International Speedway - Road Course - S06 Evening - (9 Laps)

Last edited:
Tentative cars for this Sunday:

1. Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 on SM Tires @ High Speed Ring - Reverse - S01 Late Morning - (11 Laps)
2. Wicked Fabrication GT 51 on SS Tires @ Watkins Glen International Long Course - S07 Sunset - (7 Laps)
3. Mazda Roadster Touring Car on SS Tires @ Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - S03 Afternoon - (10 Laps)

Fully expect the RX-7 to be unavailable for Sunday's race. RX-8 Spirit R '12 will be the backup car.

I thought the 51 was voted out?

Practice lobby up. It will stay open until around 8PM if anyone is interested.

EDIT: 8:28 lobby closed. Thanks for coming @CANOWORMS1 I have to work on the Bus Stop at Daytona and The Chicane of Death at Dragon Trail.

Quick question regarding track limits, at those two corners, is the rumble strip part of the track or not ? Especially at Dragon Trail, are we ok with 4 wheels on the massive rumble strip at the beginning of the Chicane of Death ?

Last edited:

EDIT: 8:28 lobby closed. Thanks for coming @CANOWORMS1 I have to work on the Bus Stop at Daytona and The Chicane of Death at Dragon Trail.

Quick question regarding track limits, at those two corners, is the rumble strip part of the track or not ? Especially at Dragon Trail, are we ok with 4 wheels on the massive rumble strip at the beginning of the Chicane of Death ?

No answer on the chicane?

I'll have a look and see if there are any exceptions but generally speaking, the rumble strips are in bounds and any painted area behind them is not. Once the strips end, the white line is the boundary.
The quote above was about Watkins. The chicanes at Dragon are very similar and so are DRC for that matter.
This is how I approach them.

No answer on the chicane?

Back