◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, March 19th, 2023 Lineup
March 2023 Season League Night #2

1. Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 on SM Tires @ Dragontrail International Raceway Seaside - S11 Night - (7 Laps)
2. Mazda Roadster Touring Car on SS Tires @ Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - S03 Afternoon - (10 Laps)
3. Ford GT Race Car '18 on RM Tires @ Daytona International Speedway - Road Course - S06 Evening - (9 Laps)

Mar 19 Combos.png

As expected, the RX-7 is no longer available in the Used Car Dealership. We will be using the alternate choice, which was the RX-8 Spirit R '12, instead. Lap times were similar, so we will stay with 7 laps for Combo 1.

Practice lobby up. It will stay open until around 8PM if anyone is interested.

EDIT: 8:28 lobby closed. Thanks for coming @CANOWORMS1 I have to work on the Bus Stop at Daytona and The Chicane of Death at Dragon Trail.

Quick question regarding track limits, at those two corners, is the rumble strip part of the track or not ? Especially at Dragon Trail, are we ok with 4 wheels on the massive rumble strip at the beginning of the Chicane of Death ?
This is taken from the SNAIL OLR:

"The white line at the track edge is the track boundary unless there is a striped rumble strip present or the section of track is listed here as an exception to this rule. The white line and / or the rumble strip will be considered part of the track surface."

So for Dragon Trail, those large rumble strips should be track.

Now for Daytona Road Course.

Many of the rumble strips are solid yellow, but I assume :rolleyes: those are considered track surface.

However, this particular rumble strip, even though track surface should be considered out of bound as the only way to get there is to go out of bounds (see bonus pic).

And while on the subject of track limits at Daytona, the service road on the exit of turn 3 is out of bounds too.

Many of the rumble strips are solid yellow, but I assume :rolleyes: those are considered track surface.

However, this particular rumble strip, even though track surface should be considered out of bound as the only way to get there is to go out of bounds (see bonus pic).

BusExitOut02.jpeg
When I first looked at this shot, I went, Yeah, two wheels on the yellow bits. So? It took me a while to twig on what @JamCar0ne was saying; To get where that car is, it had to go off track prior to that. I'm going to try and follow that dark line and only clip the yellow a smidge.

All hosts should start at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to allow a driver who was already in the room their tthree minutes to return or to sort other connection issues.

Back