◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,847 comments
Thanks for the explanation, cheeb.

Dragonwhisky, any chance you can add a short blurb explaining probations in your next steward report?

If by "short" you mean "If you're on probation, don't drive like a silly a$$, since that's what got you here in the first place." kind of short, sure I can add that, or did you want something a bit more official looking?

No to Thursday. We should hold practice the morning after league night and force winners to make their choices before 1AM ET. Then if the winners are eventually penalized, their choice automatically becomes the '66 Volkswagen 1200 at SSRX.

LMAO +1 for amusing repartee.

Yes to Thursday practice.

No to Thursday. We should hold practice the morning after league night and force winners to make their choices before 1AM ET. Then if the winners are eventually penalized, their choice automatically becomes the '66 Volkswagen 1200 at SSRX.

I change my mind. I'd like to support this idea.

LoL ;)

SSRX is DLC and not everyone has that track. I suggest SSR11 or Nurb 24h.

Yes to Thursday practice.

I am apparently playing from the wrong place... http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2887168518

Holy Smokes Batman! You could host the entire league on that connection. Would that residential internet looked that good.

Wonder how that much bandwidth is costing them?

Here's what my work connection looks like.

2887181327.png

Be nice to have that at home.

I tied the ping speed, but he is more than double my download (42) and exactly double my upload(30).

Wow, that's fast, dude! So... You are going into work 'a little early' on Sunday evenings now?

Holy Smokes Batman! You could host the entire league on that connection. Would that residential internet looked that good.

Wonder how that much bandwidth is costing them?

Here's what my work connection looks like.

2887181327.png

Be nice to have that at home.

Here's my work. I have no idea why we're getting so much up bandwidth; it should be synchronous.

2887197695.png

The '42 Schimmenwagen at Eiger Nordwand Track, K Trail (Reverse). Dueling uphill in thrilling, close, contested battles at nearly (but not quite reaching...) a whopping 10 mph? THAT is pure excitement, gentlemen....

At home I'm typically 35dl, and 15ish ul. Ping between 15-10. I've tested my work connection at over 200dl and ul. But, I work for the state of michigans it department, in the Grand Tower, which is one of the hubs for all of the server traffic for DHS. Which is the department responsible for handling all of the states welfare stuff. It also houses all of the program development and testing teams for dhs, so a lot is data always streaming. If all of the traffic was shut down for those operations, I bet the number would be at least quadruple that. We run fiber, and our cloud is fiber channel.

Canadian internet has been upgraded recently.
This is the best package available through Rogers...

ULTIMATE FIBRE
$225.99 /month1
Includes all monthly fees. Modem rental or purchase required.
View Details
Media
Master
Up to
250 Mbps UP
Up to
250 Mbps Down
500 GB3/month

Next best is 150/10 for about $125

This is the best with Bell...

Bell Fibe
Internet 175/175

Mbps Download

Mbps Upload
GB Usage
$149/month

Next best is 50/10 for about $85

Last edited:
Joe, whats your bill like? I looked into fios when we moved but they don't offer it here yet for some reason.

It's the Triple Play something or other package. Digital Voice phone, Extreme HD cable TV package and 75/35 Fios Quantum for $129.99.

I can go up a notch or two in Fios speed but honestly it's not necessary. And I upload thousands of photos to my website after events with no problem.

Next steps up in Fios would be 150/65, 300/65 and 500/100. Steps below me are 50/25 and 15/5.

Last edited:
Dabneye's idea is fantastic but handlebar's is outrageously awesome!!! Jeeez guys, only you to make laugh my @ss off after such a long day :D
I'm ok for thursdays practice too. Anything that makes Bowler's life easier is music to me, ahahahah

sorry... came out twice!

Schmiggz....My friend... "I do not think that word means what you think it means..."

Litzner... I used to like you.

I will run the Lambo at Eiger, but what a cluster**** in any traffic. Please tell me you had the presence of mind to try this with 5 plus on a real grid...? If we get the same sort of 'patience' we saw last week... I vote you must do Dragonwhisky's job for two consecutive craptastic weeks before you vote, much less get to choose a prize.

I am joking... I guess (unwillingly).

On the other side of the ledger..lIs practice tonight (Wed) since voting only started a few hours ago?

Need to manage wife expectations.

I tried the high road, Joe, but lost grip and my Lambo cartwheeled into a picturesque canyon of Dooom!

Last edited:
Countaches at Eiger....taking the figurative high road on this one...contrary to my usual behavior.

As Mr. Horse (Ren and Stimpy) might say..."No sir, I don't like it."

Back