◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,774 comments
Now that this year's GT Academy has started to air, it's a great time to reflect on last year's GT Academy. It was a monumental achievement for SNAIL to have a 1-2-3 finish and I honestly doubt that feat will ever be duplicated by any league or organization. I'd like to congratulate @GumballCGT for his epic and inspiring reign as GT Academy champion and I'd also like to thank him for representing SNAIL in such a positive way. His racing career is off to a fantastic start and we couldn't be prouder of him!

As I hinted here, we have immortalized the moment Nick was crowned GT Academy champion. But before I reveal the logo, I'd like to preface it with some backstory. Whether you love it or hate it, it's hard to deny that this league would not exist without the PSN. And within the PSN's messaging function, there's a snail emoticon that looks like this:

snail-emoticon-from-psn-cropped-png.246989

Oddly enough, this snail emoticon was actually the initial inspiration for the new logo. I couldn't help but notice that the snail's body was shaped like the letter "L". I also noticed that the the snail's eyes resembled a person's arms outstretched in victory - a lot like the pose Nick struck when he won GT Academy and the coveted "red helmet". With that in mind, here is our new logo:

preswab-jpg.252284

This logo ties together many aspects of SNAIL. It's origin can be found in the PSN in which we race, it's an homage to a key moment in our league history, and of course there is now a "snail" within it (which is fitting since that't been our league mascot since the beginning).

One thing you may notice is that we took the dots out of S.N.A.I.L. This is because we have long ago become much more than just the "Sunday Night American Interactive League". We are now a community of like-minded sim racers who participate in a wide variety of events on every night of the week, not just Sundays.

I would like to thank @GamingPete for his tireless efforts in making our new logo a reality. He has literally been working with me for months behind the scenes trying to bring my ideas for a new logo to life. We have gone through countless ideas, changes, and variants of the logo, but his determination never wavered. His graphic design skills are only matched by his incredible patience. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Now that this year's GT Academy has started to air, it's a great time to reflect on last year's GT Academy. It was a monumental achievement for SNAIL to have a 1-2-3 finish and I honestly doubt that feat will ever be duplicated by any league or organization. I'd like to congratulate @GumballCGT for his epic and inspiring reign as GT Academy champion and I'd also like to thank him for representing SNAIL in such a positive way. His racing career is off to a fantastic start and we couldn't be prouder of him!

As I hinted here, we have immortalized the moment Nick was crowned GT Academy champion. But before I reveal the logo, I'd like to preface it with some backstory. Whether you love it or hate it, it's hard to deny that this league would not exist without the PSN. And within the PSN's messaging function, there's a snail emoticon that looks like this:

snail-emoticon-from-psn-cropped-png.246989

Oddly enough, this snail emoticon was actually the initial inspiration for the new logo. I couldn't help but notice that the snail's body was shaped like the letter "L". I also noticed that the the snail's eyes resembled a person's arms outstretched in victory - a lot like the pose Nick struck when he won GT Academy and the coveted "red helmet". With that in mind, here is our new logo:

preswab-jpg.252284

This logo ties together many aspects of SNAIL. It's origin can be found in the PSN in which we race, it's an homage to a key moment in our league history, and of course there is now a "snail" within it (which is fitting since that't been our league mascot since the beginning).

One thing you may notice is that we took the dots out of S.N.A.I.L. This is because we have long ago become much more than just the "Sunday Night American Interactive League". We are now a community of like-minded sim racers who participate in a wide variety of events on every night of the week, not just Sundays.

I would like to thank @GamingPete for his tireless efforts in making our new logo a reality. He was literally been working with me for months behind the scenes trying to bring my ideas for a new logo to life. We have gone through countless ideas, changes, and variants of the logo, but his determination never wavered. His graphic design skills are only matched by his incredible patience. :bowdown:
Sweet:tup:

I would love to join S.N.A.I.L.

@motzkopf

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

***REMINDER to all D5***
To all NEW members of Division 5: Please be sure to send me a friends request no later than 9pm est. I will be exiting the game at that time to reset, and accept all pending requests. Race room will be opened immediately afterwords at 9:05pm est. See you all tonight, and welcome to all the new Snails.
PSN: II-NOVA-II (ii-NOVA-ii)

***REMINDER to all D5***
To all NEW members of Division 5: Please be sure to send me a friends request no later than 9pm est. I will be exiting the game at that time to reset, and accept all pending requests. Race room will be opened immediately afterwords at 9:05pm est. See you all tonight, and welcome to all the new Snails.
PSN: II-NOVA-II (ii-NOVA-ii)
i just sent you mine like 1/2 an hour ago :)

MULTI-DIVISIONAL CHILL PRACTICE

OPEN LOBBY ROOM WILL OPEN AT 9:30 PM EST

Grand Valley East_1 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_4 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Red Bull Ring_3 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

MULTI DIVISIONAL PRACTICE

@nmcp1 No matter what the bad tongues may say. Your combo is AWESOME! Here's the proof.

Another night with multiple races with a full grid.
Grand Valley East_16 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

The race starts and the fun begins
Grand Valley East_6 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@ turn 1 and 2
Grand Valley East_7 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Jocking for position
Grand Valley East_8 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Houston we've got contact
Grand Valley East_9 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@TBongX said that holding to 3rd place is easy and starts the Honking Galore
Grand Valley East_21 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Battle for 3rd was quite interesting for a few laps. Here we have @gotdirt410sp, @TBongX, @CAPECOD104, @Gouletzky
Grand Valley East_10 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@TBongX playing with the horn gets him spinning
Grand Valley East_11 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Front view of @Gouletzky window
Grand Valley East_12 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Final lap and Another that bites the dust
Grand Valley East_17 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

and @djhedges goes for a spin
Grand Valley East_13 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@Gouletzky has to change his line to avoid contact and I get in front for a few yards
Grand Valley East_18 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

but he goes all no brakes at the twisties before the tunnel
Grand Valley East_14 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Last Corner it seems that I had a much better entry
Grand Valley East_19 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

At the end it was not enough but finished with a .054 difference
Grand Valley East_20 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Last edited:
The driver's list has been updated and is ready to go for tonight's racing. Part time priority is listed in the correct order and all drivers that submitted a time trial before the deadline have received their placement messages.

Good luck to everyone tonight. Remember, all drivers must send a friend request to their room host and any backup hosts. This topic of discussion should be mentioned in the divisional conversation that you are a part of.

MULTI DIVISIONAL PRACTICE

@nmcp1 No matter what the bad tongues may say. Your combo is AWESOME! Here's the proof.

Another night with multiple races with a full grid.
Grand Valley East_16 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

The race starts and the fun begins
Grand Valley East_6 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@ turn 1 and 2
Grand Valley East_7 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Jocking for position
Grand Valley East_8 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Houston we've got contact
Grand Valley East_9 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@TBongX said that holding to 3rd place is easy and starts the Honking Galore
Grand Valley East_21 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Battle for 3rd was quite interesting for a few laps. Here we have @gotdirt410sp, @TBongX, @CAPECOD104, @Gouletzky
Grand Valley East_10 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@TBongX playing with the horn gets him spinning
Grand Valley East_11 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Front view of @Gouletzky window
Grand Valley East_12 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Final lap and Another that bites the dust
Grand Valley East_17 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

and @djhedges goes for a spin
Grand Valley East_13 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@Gouletzky has to change his line to avoid contact and I get in front for a few yards
Grand Valley East_18 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

but he goes all no brakes at the twisties before the tunnel
Grand Valley East_14 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Last Corner it seems that I had a much better entry
Grand Valley East_19 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

At the end it was not enough but finished with a .054 difference
Grand Valley East_20 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Well this just goes to show you that I know what I'm talking about. I've been pushing to have this car on Sunday night for a looong time. It has finally arrived....enjoy ;) I hope my efforts influenced the choice in some way....

Well this just goes to show you that I know what I'm talking about. I've been pushing to have this car on Sunday night for a looong time. It has finally arrived....enjoy ;) I hope my efforts influenced the choice in some way....

15745220495_f3e2d7cb36_o.jpg

15560053707_8abf887498_o.jpg

I like it but I'm just not sure everybody will agree it encourages close racing! :lol:

The driver's list has been updated and is ready to go for tonight's racing. Part time priority is listed in the correct order and all drivers that submitted a time trial before the deadline have received their placement messages.

Good luck to everyone tonight. Remember, all drivers must send a friend request to their room host and any backup hosts. This topic of discussion should be mentioned in the divisional conversation that you are a part of.

How long does it take to get out of the "dog box"? I missed 2 races due to business travel but I've been racing the last 3 Sunday's in a row. Thought I should be back at full time by now?

I would like to thank @zer05ive for the cool idea and the opportunity to make the new logo for this amazing league.
If you think about it, that was a really creative idea,
i would have probably never thought of Nick McMillens "winning pose" being used as a "snail".

Coincidentally this is also my 100th post ... well not really, but thats another story.
To celebrate it here is my very "first" post in this thread, where i ask to join this awesome league :)
It has been really amazing this far, especially when on "track" and racing with all of you.

I also made a few Avatars for people to use if they like them:

avaCarbonred.jpg avar6.jpg avaCarbon.jpg avaCarbong.jpg avaCarbonpurp.jpg avarb5.jpg avab2.jpg avarb3.jpg avab.jpg

I might add a few colors/designs later if you guys like them.

Thanks, :cheers:

edit:
doing custom ones aswell, if you want one with your wheel/base color just shoot me a pm:
here is @USERID_77a23 :-)

avaCarbonredcstm.jpgmoulinrogue3.jpg badge.pngbadge2.pngBrazil.png Scotland.png Portugal.png Germany.png Austria.png Ireland.png USA.png UK.png Canada.png Spain.pngmexico1.png

Last edited:
Yes it does... Just don't crash! Or take somebody with you.

Not exactly the advice I like to hear when it comes to close, competitive racing. However fitting the advice may be, and is in this case, it's still shouldn't serve as the focus if you're going for close, clean, competitive racing.

We bit of confusion for my start time if clocks go back over big pond does that mean it's 1.30 gmt in stead of 2.30 gmt can any one shed some light

Back