◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
You know, I just had a thought that I would love to see implemented in GT6. Mind you, its just something I would like to see. But I really think it would be awesome. I played iRacing for a couple of months, but shortly after, my life went crazy, and to keep it short, we will leave it at that. Outside of lifes wonderful ironies, and in some hind sight, I think my biggest issue with that game was my wheel. G27 will rock iRacing (yep, I had to add that). Anyway. It would cool if PD implemented a points tracking system like that. Every win, goes to your point total, the better you place and the cleaner you drive, the more points you get. Every incident where you make contact, every off track issue, ect, can take away from those points, so driving clean is more indemnifying, promoting better racing. As your points up, so does your level. Then make it so that you can lock out rooms to people under a certain level. anyone who's out there just to cause ruckus wouldnt be that serious about the game and there for wouldnt level high. I'm willing to bet that you would see a big difference between the hardcore players, the little more then casual racers, and the shenanigan racers.

You know, I just had a thought that I would love to see implemented in GT6. Mind you, its just something I would like to see. But I really think it would be awesome. I played iRacing for a couple of months, but shortly after, my life went crazy, and to keep it short, we will leave it at that. Outside of lifes wonderful ironies, and in some hind sight, I think my biggest issue with that game was my wheel. G27 will rock iRacing (yep, I had to add that). Anyway. It would cool if PD implemented a points tracking system like that. Every win, goes to your point total, the better you place and the cleaner you drive, the more points you get. Every incident where you make contact, every off track issue, ect, can take away from those points, so driving clean is more indemnifying, promoting better racing. As your points up, so does your level. Then make it so that you can lock out rooms to people under a certain level. anyone who's out there just to cause ruckus wouldnt be that serious about the game and there for wouldnt level high. I'm willing to bet that you would see a big difference between the hardcore players, the little more then casual racers, and the shenanigan racers.

The system isn't a bad idea but the way it is implemented in iracing is terrible. According to the system you are penalized more for getting spun out from behind if you end up facing backwards on the track then you are for pushing someone out of your way. You are also penalized for leaving the track surface to avoid an accident in front of you. You are also penalized for running into an existing accident even if you lock the brakes trying to avoid it. You are also penalized if you get stopped to avoid and accident and the guy behind you doesn't and hits you.

Like I said at the top, the system is a good idea but until they come up with a computer program that can assess each situation and asign blame and penalize the right way, there will just be people out there that abuse the system.

Sweet! I AM a cyborg... but only between 2 3/4 and 3 1/2 beers... Before and after that I am just a mere mortal...:crazy:

Good thing you can stop at a whole beer. It would suck if you had to be between 3 1/4 and 3 2/3 beers. Leaving that half beer would be really tough to do.

Noticed the Dirty Thursday begins next week...anything happening tonight?

Zer0-- I have a created course that I'll have available for sharing this evening. Could you download it to the Snail D2 Lounge account that way anyone who isnt my friend could take it from there for testing. Its a fairly wide open track and after a couple laps, its learned, but just in case.

EDIT: FINALIZED DIABOLIC FRIDAY POST.
Plan for 35-40 minutes for Race 1, 25-30 Race 2 and near 40 for race 3. End race timer will be 3 minutes.

Last edited:
It's just doughboy, mopar and me in the div 3 lounge at the moment....we're just messing around. I exited to d/l your track, diabolic :)

I'm once again able to be on tonight, and I've just set up a track day at Monza like last night. I had a few people outside the league show up last night, and hoping to get more people tonight. Anything goes, except for the X1, and I'll probably run it till around midnight EDT.

Room #: 1472-6681-3759-3056-0356

Need a div 2 friend request to participate tonight,thanks.

Friend request sent. Although you already noticed nothing is going on in there tonight, it'll be busy tomorrow night for Diabolic Friday.

If anyone doesn't have all of the divisional accounts already added, please send friend requests to the accounts you're missing. They are SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2, and SNAIL_Division3. It's better to have them added now rather than to wait until you want to join an event last minute but can't because you don't have access to the lounge.

Once you've added all three accounts, feel free to delete my 'zer05ive' account from your friends list if you want to make room. Now that we have this divisional lounge system in place, my 'zer05ive' account is no longer being used as the account that all members of the league have access to. In fact, I no longer add new league members to my own personal account and haven't done so for weeks.

I guess I should have mentioned that specifically. I'm going out of town tomorrow morning and have been packing and stuff, so won't be on tonight to host.

You kids have fun without me! :)

It's just doughboy, mopar and me in the div 3 lounge at the moment....we're just messing around. I exited to d/l your track, diabolic :)

Sorry guys, I too should have made it more clear that dude's Dirty Thursday doesn't start until next week and that I wasn't able to host anything tonight. Epic fail my part. Sorry again.

Zer0-- I have a created course that I'll have available for sharing this evening. Could you download it to the Snail D2 Lounge account that way anyone who isnt my friend could take it from there for testing. Its a fairly wide open track and after a couple laps, its learned, but just in case.

I just finished downloading your track to the SNAIL_Division2 account. Everything should be all set.

Good evening all! So sorry for all the questions and all... (Rookie-itis). Over the next week or so, could anyone post an average lap time for Autumn Ring reverse and Côte d'Azur (for the 15th). I just need some sort of base line to shoot for... (If that's cool and all) Since this Sunday is cancelled, I may have to try my hand and some of the mid week stuff. Sounds pretty cool!

Cheers!

ExoSphere64
Good evening all! So sorry for all the questions and all... (Rookie-itis). Over the next week or so, could anyone post an average lap time for Autumn Ring reverse and Côte d'Azur (for the 15th). I just need some sort of base line to shoot for... (If that's cool and all) Since this Sunday is cancelled, I may have to try my hand and some of the mid week stuff. Sounds pretty cool!

Cheers!

Hey exosphere. Keep an eye here cause a bunch are going to race sunday anyway. And theres practice sessions all the time. Wed night is another good night to size up the competition :)

Thanks man! I am lurking Div 3 right now. Wondering if I should see what's what. I most likely with see what is going on Sunday night if all goes well. Really looking forward to getting more racing in....

ExoSphere64
Thanks man! I am lurking Div 3 right now. Wondering if I should see what's what. I most likely with see what is going on Sunday night if all goes well. Really looking forward to getting more racing in....

No problem. Tomorrow night is going to be fun too. Get a cushion for your chair though :)

I know I should follow the thread a little more than I do, but has anything been set in stone for Sunday night, since the main league races have been canceled? I was wondering because I just ran 20 laps of Monza in an M3 GTR Race car and was thinking of maybe setting up a challenge race/ mini endurance race. Most likely between 15 and 20 laps, with a mandatory pit stop and running two compounds of tires(RH and RM). Everyone would also be required to use both compounds. If there is enough interest I'll put together a more formal post tomorrow.

cmbeal317
I know I should follow the thread a little more than I do, but has anything been set in stone for Sunday night, since the main league races have been canceled? I was wondering because I just ran 20 laps of Monza in an M3 GTR Race car and was thinking of maybe setting up a challenge race/ mini endurance race. Most likely between 15 and 20 laps, with a mandatory pit stop and running two compounds of tires(RH and RM). Everyone would also be required to use both compounds. If there is enough interest I'll put together a more formal post tomorrow.

The official race for sunday is cancelled. I think rally had talked about organizing a race. But i don't remember seeing anything more for sunday.

The official race for sunday is cancelled. I think rally had talked about organizing a race. But i don't remember seeing anything more for sunday.

cmbeal, click here for the discussion about this Sunday's format. Since the official races are cancelled, Rally will be hosting mini-enduros using the cars and tracks from the line-up.

I like your idea for the challenge/mini-endurance race though. Would you be able to host something on Saturday night? A quick peak at our schedule shows that there's nothing planned on Saturdays now that Bowler had to cancel the series that he was planning. Let me know what you think.

zer05ive
cmbeal, click here for the discussion about this Sunday's format. Since the official races are cancelled, Rally will be hosting mini-enduros using the cars and tracks from the line-up.

I like your idea for the challenge/mini-endurance race though. Would you be able to host something on Saturday night? A quick peak at our schedule shows that there's nothing planned on Saturdays now that Bowler had to cancel the series that he was planning. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for clearing that up zer0. Hard to find posts from a smart phone.

Cheeb, I'm looking for everything in particular. I want to run matte only cars for some reason, so I want to gather as many as I can and start duping them. Ive got about 8 or 9 varieties right now.

Check your gifts for matte colors. I'll send more on Friday. I'll trade you my matte colors for your orange colors.;)

Check your gifts for matte colors. I'll send more on Friday. I'll trade you my matte colors for your orange colors.;)

I have nearly 2700 paint chips. I'll send you some orange paint. Is there a certain "Orange" you're looking for?

BTW, nice avatar! ...I've seen that image before, i just can't put my finger on where. LOL

Hey everyone, sorry, I was still gonna host some roller derby last night, but this past week has been very long and exhausting and it all caught up to me last night. after getting my daughter to bed, I kicked back to read a book for a few before the night was to start, next thing Im getting woken up at 1am. I'll see about getting down on some racing tonight though.

Thanks for clearing that up Zero. I'll send a friend request to the Div.1 account later today.

Going back to the challenge/mini-endurance. I am free Saturday and have no problem hosting. I'm still thinking of how I want to do this, and being that it is short notice, I think I run it this Saturday to see if there is enough interest. If so I'll work on turning into a full season that would start next Saturday. I'm a little busy right now, but this afternoon I should be able to come up with a more formal post detailing the race tomorrow.:)

I have nearly 2700 paint chips. I'll send you some orange paint. Is there a certain "Orange" you're looking for?

BTW, nice avatar! ...I've seen that image before, i just can't put my finger on where. LOL

Just call me the "Great Pumpkin". Love all shades of Orange. I guess you can say thats my official S.N.A.I.L race color. Thanks!👍 As for the avatar, someone gave me the picture and it was so good that I had to use it:)

Zappa, I love orange too. I had a Chrysler Crossfire that had burnt orange interior, I then had it painted to match. Looked very good. Kinda looks like the crossfire I drift in the game. I think orange looks really good when its done right (ie, burnt, or darker oranges). Im a bigger fan of blue as a personal choice though. Speaking of colors. Zero and I had just discussed rehashing the color thing again. we wanna see if we can get everyone to run their cars in their color. Its not going to be mandatory or anything like that. We were thinking that it would just be nice to have people running the same color on all their cars, as it will make identification easier when people are out at a distance or in the mirrors and tou cant see their names.

Back