◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Track Boundaries
This version of this document will not be updated effective 8/6/2015. The new version can be found in the SNAIL policy and guidelines thread.

This post will serve as a supplement to section 15 of the OLR which will be updated and simplified, but not have it's meaning changed, in the near future. Until such time that section 15 is fully updated, this post will serve as the track boundary rules.

The white line at the track edge is the track boundary unless there is a red/white striped rumble strip present or the section of track is listed here as an exception to this rule.

Exceptions by track:

Apricot Hill (forward and reverse) - The yellow line at the track edge in the area of pit entrance and exit serves the same purpose as the white line on the rest of the track.

Ascari Full Track- As there are not proper painted rumble strips at this track, the white line is the track boundary everywhere except the two chicanes with large paved areas on the inside of the turns. At those chicanes, no tire must make contact with the grass/dirt area. Doing so is considered cutting the track and is subject to penalty. A full description with photos can be found here.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza - The white line on the inside of the front straight.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (80s) - The white line on the inside of the front straight

Autumn Ring (reverse) - Rumble strips at this track are blue/white and are treated the same as red/white rumble strips.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s - No exceptions.

Cape Ring (inside) - The broken white lines at pit entry and pit exit are to be treated the same as a solid white line and is the edge of the track. Any solid white lines that extend into the racing surface and are used to mark the course at points on the track where another configuration would join the track are to be ignored.

Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - The white lines that mark the pit exit lane may be crossed without penalty.

Cote 'd Azur - No exceptions.

Daytona Road Course - Red/white rumble strips are replaced by solid yellow rumble strips. No other exceptions on the infield portion of the track. The yellow line is the track boundary on the oval portion of the course at all times.

Deep Forest Raceway - No exceptions.

Grand Valley East (forward) - The white line on the front straight from the beginning of the pit wall to the end of the pit wall.

Grand Valley Speedway (forward)- The white line on the front straight from the beginning of the pit wall to the end of the pit wall. The white line between the tunnels just before the bridge.

High Speed Ring (reverse) - The stone areas just beyond the white line are to be treated the same as any red/white rumble strip. Any paved area beyond the stone work is not considered part of the rumble strip.

La Sarthe (2013) - Blue/Yellow rumble strips are to be treated the same as Red/White. Broken white lines at the track edge are to be treated as the track boundary. This includes the Mulsanne straight. You must have two wheels inside the broken white lines that mark the edge of the road.

Midfield Raceway - No exceptions.

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - No exceptions.

Nurburgring GP/F - No exceptions.

Red Bull Ring - No exceptions.

Silverstone National - The white line that crosses the track just before the "back straight" is to be ignored. As always, cones, pilons, and brake markers are not to be contacted.

Silverstone Stowe Circuit- No exceptions.

Special Stage Route 5 (forward and reverse) - All painted lines are to be ignored. Red/white rumble strips where present are treated the same as everywhere else.

Suzuka Circuit 2014 - The white line that extends from pit exit down the middle of the track is not a boundary line. Pylons at the final chicane are not to be contacted even if your car is in bounds.

Tokyo R246 (forward)- All painted lines are to be ignored. Red/white rumble strips where present are treated the same as everywhere else.

Trial Mountain Circuit (Forward) - The white line on the straight before the final chicane all the way through pit exit. The yellow striped areas just before and after the tunnel straight are considered in bounds.

Tsukuba Circuit - No exceptions. Note: on exit of the final turn there is a double rumble strip. The full width of these strips is considered to be track. The paved area outside of them and the paved area after the outside strip ends is not considered track.

Willow Springs International Raceway (Big Willow) - No exceptions.

Willow Springs International Raceway (Streets of Willow) - No exceptions. As always, cones are not to be contacted.

I will be adding tracks to this list as we use them on Sunday night and as I have time to go through them.

Last edited:
We haven't had a Thursday theme for a few weeks so here's one:

THROUGH THE AIR THURSDAY

The players:
@vsfit in the Camaro
@Mike Lobban in the VW
@Jakedog23 in the red Viper
@aerolite in the yellow Viper

The place:
First jump at Sierra going backwards. We didn't laugh much doing this!

View attachment 247133 View attachment 247134 View attachment 247135 View attachment 247136 View attachment 247137 View attachment 247138 View attachment 247139 View attachment 247140 View attachment 247141
That was the funniest day ever with that 1,056 HP Viper. It got up and went

Flying car theme...

To get to those hard to reach camping spots
flyingcar.png

Track Boundaries

This post will serve as a supplement to section 15 of the OLR which will be updated and simplified, but not have it's meaning changed, in the near future.

The white line at the track edge is the track boundary unless there is a red/white striped rumble strip present or the section of track is listed here as an exception to this rule.

Exceptions by track:

Autodromo Nazionale Monza - The white line on the inside of the front straight.

Red Bull Ring - No exceptions

Trial Mountain Circuit (Forward) - The white line on the straight before the final chicane all the way through pit exit. The yellow striped areas just before and after the tunnel straight are considered in bounds.

I will be adding tracks to this list as we use them on Sunday night and as I have time to go through them.
thanks for the clarification

We haven't had a Thursday theme for a few weeks so here's one:

THROUGH THE AIR THURSDAY

The players:
@vsfit in the Camaro
@Mike Lobban in the VW
@Jakedog23 in the red Viper
@aerolite in the yellow Viper

The place:
First jump at Sierra going backwards. We didn't laugh much doing this!

View attachment 247133 View attachment 247134 View attachment 247135 View attachment 247136 View attachment 247137 View attachment 247138 View attachment 247139 View attachment 247140 View attachment 247141

just some good ol' boys havin fun
MI0001943365.jpg

Hello I see there is still spots open and I'm Intrested in joining.

@gkscoobydoo16

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

@gkscoobydoo16

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
With step one, as soon as I click begin the page just goes black and dosnt display a question

Race of Champions
October Season
November 7, 2014
9:30 pm ET

NOTE THE DATE
Typically we race on the Friday following the end of the season, but due to this Friday being Halloween, we are opting to change the date to the following Friday.

If you are listed below, you have been selected to participate in the October S.N.A.I.L. Race of Champions. Please reply to this post with your intentions to race as soon as possible - this includes the alternates as well.

Format:

Open Lobby
3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (TBD)

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (270) - B
2- @Nicktune (216)
alt8- @dgaf95integra (212) - B

Division 2
3- @nmcp1 (245.1) - E
4- @Falango (233) - E
alt6- @turnupdaheat (229) - B

Division 3
5- @hammersedge65 (232.1) - B
6- @FloptaStr8 (228)
alt7- @SGETI (223.1)

Division 4
7- @kadrek (252)
8- @chevron (243.1)
alt2- @Wolfsatz (231) - E - In via @kadrek being out

Division 5
9- @IceManFan_7 (262.1)
10- @CoachMK21 (241) - B
15- @USERID_77a23 (236) (At-Large) - E

Division 6
11- @joe_diben (258) - B
alt5- @pkenuelo (230.1) - D
alt11- @GTP_Nobby (221.3)

Division 7
12- @TBongX (248)
14- @Skills (246) (At-Large)
alt1- @aerolite (233.1) - E - In via @SHOCKY_WELL being out

Division 8
13- @SHOCKY_WELL (259.1)
alt3- @Mike Lobban (231) - C - In via @chevron being out
alt4- @vsfit (231) - E

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Driver Selection Process:
1- (10) Top 2 in divisions 1-5
2- (03) Winner in divisions 6-8
3- (02) Two At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-automatic driver (can not be from same division)

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection
Two combos are set. The third will be selected by driver vote.

- Autobacs Garaiya at Nurburgring GP/D (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / RH tires

- West Surrey Racing 1983 Aryton Senna '83 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (3 weeks)
--- 172HP / PP 559 / RH tires

VOTE for ONE of the following:

A- Izuzu Bellet GT-R '69 at Autunm Ring
--- 124HP / PP 358 / SH tires

B- Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 6
--- 326HP / PP 463 / SM tires

C- Nissan Skyline GT-S type M (Z32) '89 at Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca - 1
--- 222HP / PP 415 / SH tires

D- Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione '08 at Cape Ring Periphery - 1
--- 465HP / PP 507 / SS tires

E- Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 at Red Bull Ring - 6
--- 535HP / PP 528 / SS tires

I will continue to update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision.
[/QUOTE]

Division 7
12- @TBongX (248)

Division 8
13- @SHOCKY_WELL (259.1)
alt4- @vsfit (231) - E

3- (02) Two At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-automatic driver (can not be from same division)

1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection

- West Surrey Racing 1983 Aryton Senna '83 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (3 weeks)

[/QUOTE]

I will be able to attend. I never thought I would make a Race of Champions, go figure. I vote for: D-Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione '08 at Cape Ring Periphery, 465HP / PP 507 / SS tires.

dont come to a complete stop in that car...its like 0-30 in 5 minutes.

fun racing last night, some bumping and pack wrecks going on but thats what practice is for. gotta push the limits of your car to see what it can/cant do before race day. senna and rumble strips definitely do not like each other.
Just make sure to not bring that mentality to Thursday practices. Private practice is the place to learn limits. Thursday should be near Sunday clean. You should be learning how to handle a given combo amongst a full grid. Not finding out how far you can push until you wreck yourself and someone else.

@gkscoobydoo16

How do you know what division you're in as I have done the time trial but didn't get anything threw

How do you know what division you're in as I have done the time trial but didn't get anything threw

Wait until @JLBowler updates the Driver's List.

It's not an instant process and it takes longer the week in between seasons than any other week. I have to evaluate every driver that raced last month and move them based on performance and the needs of having balanced divisions. Once that is done, I get to look at any new members that have submitted time trials, determine where they will go and then make sure the divisions are still balanced both for performance and numbers.

With that being said. New drivers can expect a message tomorrow morning with their division placement. A driver's list update will come as well with promotion and relegation for the upcoming season. Please remember that I am in the Pacific time zone so my morning and your morning occur at different times.

Race of Champions
October Season
November 7, 2014
9:30 pm ET

NOTE THE DATE
Typically we race on the Friday following the end of the season, but due to this Friday being Halloween, we are opting to change the date to the following Friday.

If you are listed below, you have been selected to participate in the October S.N.A.I.L. Race of Champions. Please reply to this post with your intentions to race as soon as possible - this includes the alternates as well.

Format:

Open Lobby
3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (TBD)

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (270) - B
2- @Nicktune (216)
alt8- @dgaf95integra (212) - B

Division 2
3- @nmcp1 (245.1) - E
4- @Falango (233) - E
alt6- @turnupdaheat (229) - B

Division 3
5- @hammersedge65 (232.1) - B
6- @FloptaStr8 (228)
alt7- @SGETI (223.1)

Division 4
7- @kadrek (252)
8- @chevron (243.1)
alt2- @Wolfsatz (231) - E - In via @kadrek being out

Division 5
9- @IceManFan_7 (262.1)
10- @CoachMK21 (241) - B
15- @USERID_77a23 (236) (At-Large) - E

Division 6
11- @joe_diben (258) - B
alt5- @pkenuelo (230.1) - D
alt11- @GTP_Nobby (221.3)

Division 7
12- @TBongX (248)

Division 8
13- @SHOCKY_WELL (259.1)
alt4- @vsfit (231) - E

COMBO Selection

COMBO Selection

You may be on @SGETI ..50/50 right now as to whether we are out of town. I will update and try to give you reaction time. Vote E

Last edited:

Maybe a better question is why did you submit two different time trials. You need to start a private conversation with me so I know which PSN ID you intend to use. Do not respond in the thread. Your placement is on hold until I hear from you.

Thanks @JLBowler for clarification on track boundaries. To serve as a reference point as you add more courses and boundaries associated with them, can I suggest adding this to the FUD? It would be helpful to have images to represent the locations as well, so there are no misunderstandings. I can help with this if you think it would be meaningful. That way we won't have to repeat ourselves when we revisit these courses.

Back