◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,754 comments
I'm confused, Vol and cheeb....are you talking about a car that loses control in front of you, spins back across the track trying to recover and you drive through them while they're ghosted as you had no time to react?

I'm confused, Vol and cheeb....are you talking about a car that loses control in front of you, spins back across the track trying to recover and you drive through them while they're ghosted as you had no time to react?

Those are the times where it saves you. And I will admit, that is nice. But I'd gladly give that up.

What I'm talking about are the times where someone is behind you, or on the inside or outside of you in a turn. And they move through you. That should be an accident to tell people to stop doing that. Watch for it, it will probably happen on the first corner at Nurburgring GP.

Besides, there have been times where a car is stopped on the track, hung up on the wall, and the cars infront of me get to ghost through but I cause another accident when I try. There have been times where I've been in an accident, and then I get a collision penalty! It wasn't even my fault, and I get a collision penalty!

Yes, thank you! Maybe I'm dense, but would someone give me an example of a "ghosting violation". I am afraid I am going to do it without knowing it. Thanks!

Yes, thank you! Maybe I'm dense, but would someone give me an example of a "ghosting violation". I am afraid I am going to do it without knowing it. Thanks!

My example is someone coming in to a corner really hot, they lose control, start to spin or go into a big slide, their car ghosts. Their speed carries them through the car ahead of them, ghosting prevented an accident.

Vol's gaining position example is similar, someone ghosts through the car ahead of them, then they regain control and drive off into the sunset, so to speak. In this case they should give the position back they gained.

My example is someone coming in to a corner really hot, they lose control, start to spin or go into a big slide, their car ghosts. Their speed carries them through the car ahead of them, ghosting prevented an accident.

Vol's gaining position example is similar, someone ghosts through the car ahead of them, then they regain control and drive off into the sunset, so to speak. In this case they should give the position back they gained.

Thank you for the examples.

Great examples, cheeb. Ghosting violations are also described in our rulebook, otherwise known as the GTP OLR Rules (go to Section 13). As I mentioned in this post, all of the rules listed in the GTP OLR Rules can and will be enforced here in S.N.A.I.L. - that means if you intentionally advance through a ghosted car, you will be disqualified from the race if someone files a complaint.

If you ghost through someone and then realize what you've done, remember Vol's promise:

I will make it a mission to protest against "ghosting violations". If you ghost through someone, give the position back.

Last edited:
My head is hurting from all this reading and jumping around. Please help out an old guy. Is there an event schedule including cars to use? I think I saw somewhere that something is going on tonight. What time does the room open?

My head is hurting from all this reading and jumping around. Please help out an old guy. Is there an event schedule including cars to use? I think I saw somewhere that something is going on tonight. What time does the room open?

Hey Joe, I hear you, some days are quieter than others, no really ;)

Here's a link to the weekly events page, there's links from there to each nights specifics.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

kcheeb

Last edited:
We don't use DLC?

Big Mac and drink = $7.10
Spa and Kart Space = $4.99

Go without the McD's...DLC is healthier.

Yeah, that's what I'm screaming. Actually, read back, I've offered to buy it for those who don't have it.

For Oshawa-Joe

7159981374_6c878b9a20_o.jpg

May 8, 2012: V8 Challenge Race will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge at 10pm Eastern Time. The lounge will open at 9:30pm Easter Time.

Car Selection: American Muscle, Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08, versus Italian Luxury, Maserati Gran Turismo S '08, versus German Precision, BMW M3 Coupe '07.

Point Levels

Initial Performance Point Level: 475
Lower Performance Point Level: 465
Upper Performance Point Level: 490

Performance Point Increment: 5

Tire Selection: Sports Soft

Track Selection: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Nurburgring GP/D

PARITY

Each series will have an initial PP level that all cars start at. There will be a minimum PP level below which they won't drop and a maximum above which they won't rise.

There will also be a set PP increment. Cars will move up and down between the minimum and maximum levels by that increment. The increment will depend on the cars place in the race and the number of cars present.

EVENT SETTINGS

Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

REGULATION SETTINGS

· No Skid Recovery Force
· Driving Line Off
· No Active Steering
· No TCS
· No ASM

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let's settle this DLC debate once and for all. There are two people that we know for sure don't have the DLC/Spa pack - Naruto and AG07WRXTR.

Devious, since Naruto is your friend and he never visits this thread due to computer issues, I'll put you in charge of talking to him about getting the DLC.

I will take on the responsibility of getting AG07WRXTR to get the DLC.

If and only if they both purchase the DLC , I will set up a system that allows league members to donate up to $5 total to them to cover the cost of the track pack. Once they both have Spa, we can add a note on the original post stating that DLC tracks are fair game so that new members know that when the sign up.

To be clear, we will never require that members own a DLC track. The important part is just that they know that if a DLC track is picked, they won't be able to race with us in a given round unless they have it (and will therefore have to sit and watch the race as a spectator).

Last edited:
If you drive through a car that's not a ghost you know you're a ghost.

Oh I'm aware of that, I'm just saying that it's annoying watching replays later and seeing that you get ghosted for something that you weren't aware of (I think Autumn Ring was bad for this; sometimes you ghosted for corner cutting but didn't get a penalty. It's only when you watch the replay that you see you were a ghost)

dabneyd
I've said it in the lounge before and I'll say it again here; I'll buy the tracks for people who can't/don't want to afford it.

I will step up with the same offer. I'll send funds to PSN. I want everyone to be able to race Spa!

Early!? Ack! I'll have to see what I can do.

Format

The series will be weekly. Race sessions will start at 21:30 Eastern Time on Tuesday evenings (02:30 GMT on Wednesday mornings). Each session will consist of (hopefully) five short races. After each race, there will be an adjustment in the parity.

Apmaddock, I was going by this in the original post.

I've said it in the lounge before and I'll say it again here; I'll buy the tracks for people who can't/don't want to afford it.

I will step up with the same offer. I'll send funds to PSN. I want everyone to be able to race Spa!

Okay, that makes it pretty straightforward. There are two known members that don't have the DLC, and there are two generous snails who are willing to step up and fund the DLC for them.

Devious, please contact Naruto and let him know that if he downloads the Spa track pack, tcrash15 will PayPal him $5 if he wants.

Likewise, I'll contact AG07WRXTR and tell him that if he downloads the Spa track pack, dabneyd will PayPal him $5 if he wants. He's busy with a newborn, so I doubt he has time to even try to keep up with this thread.

That being said, this will not happen by tonight so I don't want the Prize A and Prize B winners waiting on standby for Spa to become available. Please make your selections based on the assumption that this effort to get Naruto and AG07WRXTR the DLC might take a while.

Last edited:
Out with the old.
2012-05-08163157.jpg

In with the new!
2012-05-08163137.jpg

The old one was really wobbly and loose. So today I whipped this up with some spare lumber I had laying about. Where the wheel stand attaches to the base, I'm thinking of using a couple of bolts so i can collapse it. Next though is to clean it up with a router and give it a paint job, maybe slap some stickers on it. Those are good for about 5 pp I'd say.

Last edited:
Dreadfully sorry about the confusion. We will be starting at 22:00. I have three tracks scheduled. We will vote beyond that. Depends on how things go, we may only get five races in.

Tonight is tuning prohibited. Everyone is free to pick any of the three cars available. Just stick to that car throughout the evening.

More details are in the thread.

Tonight we will also be testing the staggered entrance.

Cool on the DLC :)

Rally, i love your "Race Chair"! Is that laptop next to it so you can adjust the programmable ECU & Air/Fuel mixtures? :D

Okay people, sharkie was generous enough to let everyone choose a track they would like to race on then she will pick the car. I have seen very few posts on this matter. Let's step up and make your choice! You are running out of time. She needs to pick a track car combo very soon.

Just remember, she does not have to do this. She is including everyone on the choice so post your selection!

Vote Tally so far:
Eiger short: 4
Rome Reverse: 2
Monza /w Chicane: 1
Cape Ring inside: 1
Tokyo Special Stage Five/Reverse, or Eiger Nordwand K Trail/Reverse : 1(1 track vote per person please?)

Lets get those Votes in, only 8 out of 33(?) voted, here's your chance to have a say in Prize A folks.
Lets make it count!

Back