◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
Thanks Glenn! You can send the ticket over to the D1 account please. The D1 lounge is where the Prize C winner would have raced in so that's why we're using that account as the collection depot for all of the Prize C gifts.

Speaking of which.. Mopar, please let me know what ticket you want to pick for your Prize C. The list of the available prizes is here.

I would like another of the tickets that i have been getting.....Do you remember what they were? Trying to get the 2J Fan car

If anyone needs some custom carbon fiber work, you should hit up Psycho Tuber. He's apparently taken a scrap piece and bored out a few letters from it. Then he added a panel of brushed chrome and etched out a few more letters. Finally, he added a little bit of paint and the result is what you see here.

Thanks Psycho! Mind if I keep it? :sly:

I practiced a bit late last night with the Elise RM '96 on Spa. Anyone else think they hear an unbalanced washing machine in the background? :dopey:

I practiced a bit late last night with the Elise RM '96 on Spa. Anyone else think they hear an unbalanced washing machine in the background? :dopey:

I thought it was just me :)

Definitely something crooked that should be straight in that beast 👍

Duping takes almost no time at all if you have a thumb drive.

1. copy gamesave to thumbdrive
2. enter game and send car
3. delete gamesave from account
4. copy gamesave from thumbdrive to account
Fixed.
esh
Also, Nic is still really fast... :scared:
I haven't raced with him much lately.
You are faster than I remember.I can’t tell if it’s precision or consistency,but you certainly improved a few things.👍

I have two PS3's so I can actually send two cars per day!....
Thoughts? Suggestions?
More PS3's.:sly:

More PS3's.:sly:

Getting one more PS3 would be really expensive. Isn't there a rule that says if you own three PS3's you're required to also by three matching flat screen TV's in order to play GT5 in a triple monitor setup? I'd really need to butter up the old lady to pull that one off! :lol:

Yeesh…and all I've been asking for is a computer that's less than 10 years old.

Wow. I just realized that if you add the age of my two kids together it comes to less than the age of my computer…or car…or tractor/lawn mower…or cat…or any of my furniture…

I guess I know where my money goes.

I've had two seperate incidents where overwriting the gamesave file corrupted data. I've never had an issue since I started deleting the file before copying from the thumb drive and I do this every day.

Well. Of course they would put a bunch of Corvettes in the OCD right after two Fridays of Corvette racing. :grumpy:

Anyone up for one more Corvette race this week, perhaps on a different track than Laguna Seca? I'd love to have a chance to try the C1 and the C5R in the Magic Lap format.

EDIT: For anyone wondering how the delays are calculated for the Magic Lap Racing, here's the excel spreadsheet I use to figure it all out. Be warned that typing in times requires a minute, second, and decimal in order to work properly. For example, 2 minutes 30 seconds would have to be typed as 2:30.0, and 56.500 seconds would be 0:56.5.

Attachments

• GT5 Magic Calculator.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I've officially got a wired connection with my PS3. We'll see what happens tonight. :D

Speaking of tonight..

Rally, are you planning on hosting Thursday night shuffle racing as usual?

And for tomorrow night..

Dylan, I guess you're planning on doing Magic Lap with Corvettes again on Friday night?

Dylan, I guess you're planning on doing Magic Lap with Corvettes again on Friday night?
I don't know. I wasn't planning on doing it three times in a row but with Corvettes in the OCD I think one more round would be okay. We'll do a different track to keep things sort of interesting.

Ouestion for cmbeal317 , do have have the laps for Nurburgring 24HR for Saturdays M3 BMW Race Car Challenge ?

I would like to start getting pit strategy down.

Thanks!!!

Well, I'm still having a few connection issues but I think I just need to fiddle with the settings a little bit.

A general question...

D3 is the official launch pad for SNAIL.

Instead of renaming D3 "the piñata division" ... would there be any relevance to possibly posting some trial races or lap times/combos so the likely to be D1-drivers who may elect to stay are able to race with their 'peers' instead of getting bored hammering the D3 on their 1-2 week visit?

No one answer I thought of seems to fit, I just wondered if there was any room for discussion on the process of good or great drivers coming in, and how they fit into SNAIL and our structure,

This question has been raised before, and it's a good one, but the answer, invariably, comes back as a negative.

Those in D1 and D2 have worked to get there and stay there. One's rise through the ranks is important in this league. It shows skill, speed, progress, clean racing, and dedication before they jump into D1 and have a go, possibly making a mess of things.

D2 can be frustrating at times, admittedly, when someone is just cruising through on their way to D1, or when someone from D1 is relegated despite really belonging there. With only one promotion spot open to D1, it's a rare week when it's truly open to the field. I imagine D3 is similar.

Despite that, I come back every week itching for the fight. It's an adrenaline rush just knowing that I've got to keep it together or wind up getting relegated!

Good discussion on promotion and relegation 👍

I hear what you're saying and agree with what's been said. There are constantly new people in D3, some on their way to D2 or D1 and that takes potential spots away from someone that's been in D3 and deserves the opportunity to move up.

Very similar situation in D2, with the opportunity to move up limited to one spot. The reasoning behind having one driver promoted and relegated between D1 and D2 was to try and make both divisions more stable. If we'd gone with two drivers promoted each week, we'd turn over pretty much a third to half of D2 every week. We felt that was too much change, after all part of racing involves knowing and being comfortable with your competition.

One thing we could try for D3 is make one of the two promotion slots for a veteran D3 driver, someone that's been in D3 for more than two weeks. The other spot would be for someone that's been in D3 for two weeks or less. If a rookie D3 driver doesn't claim the second spot, it's open to anyone. That way a veteran D3 driver will always be promoted.

Thoughts?

That's actually a pretty elegant solution, kcheeb.

smartypants.

Agreed. All the benefits of mine, none of the problems. Smarty pants, indeed.

It seems to me it could be kept very simple by either promoting 2 drivers from D3 every week or have new drivers start in D2. What would the pros and cons of that be? Disclaimer: I am not advocating doing anything. I am "just sayin".

We do promote two drivers from D3 every week.

But over the last few months we've had some pretty stellar drivers come through and be promoted, as they should be. That does however take a spot or two from veteran D3 driver(s) that deserve a shot in D2.

Using my proposed solution, if we have two stars join the league the same week, they would be racing each other for one spot in D2. That leaves another spot for the veteran D3 drivers to go toe to toe for. Giving them a chance to get to D2, which is what I think I heard was the issue, not having the opportunity to get to D2.

Cheeb, I think that is a lovely idea. It gets my vote.

Cheeb FTW with the promotion idea....even if you do live on the wrong side of the Rockies ;) :lol:

I realize I'm late to the party on this topic, and it's more than likely been overtaken by other thoughts or comments but I Like This Idea!!! In Fact, I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

*LEAGUE POLICY UPDATE*

Effective immediately, if there are two drivers promoted from D3 to D2, no more than one of them may be a rookie member of the league. A driver is considered to still be a rookie if has competed only two Sunday league nights or less. Veteran status is obtained after competing in three Sunday league nights. This new policy means that if rookie drivers finish in the top two spots in D3, only one of them will get promoted to D2. This is due to the fact that there are usually only two drivers promoted from D3 to D2 each week, and now (because of this new policy) at least one of those two drivers must be a league veteran.

DISCLAIMER: This policy will only be in effect if there are at least two drivers promoted from D3 to D2. There are a number of variables that contribute to how many drivers are promoted and relegated between divisions every week. Most of those decision are based on trying to fill each division with an equal number of drivers. Although we try to promote two drivers from D3 to D2 each week, it is not guaranteed that we will do so. League members should always refer to the Official Driver List each Sunday to see which division they are assigned to.

Last edited:
Hey. Sorry I wasn't around to host last night. I was out b roading pretty late with some friends. Glad to see the new policy. Always nice when a league actually listens to it participants and can evolve so fast and easily to their wants and needs.

Last edited:
If anyone needs some custom carbon fiber work, you should hit up Psycho Tuber. He's apparently taken a scrap piece and bored out a few letters from it. Then he added a panel of brushed chrome and etched out a few more letters. Finally, he added a little bit of paint and the result is what you see here.

Thanks Psycho! Mind if I keep it? :sly:

Thanks for the spiffy new banner Psycho 👍

Back