◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,995 comments
Car: Dodge Ram 1500 (found in OCD for another week till wednesday)
Track: Trial Mountain

I believe this will be a fun combo, no one has ever raced trucks here (in Snail).

Finally, a "car" that I've driven in real life!

…Though I rarely drove it on the street in 4WD. What's the deal with that? It should be selectable…with a 4 Low…hehehe

But a friendly one ...

What do you mean by "friendly"? Are you suggesting that it's possible for another thread to be "unfriendly"?

The only thing I can think of that would make another thread "unfriendly" is if it were to take all of the ideas that we've spent months developing and refining and then simply "copy and paste" them all into their own thread and pass them off as their own original thoughts.

Of course, that would be just more "lame" than "unfriendly". The only way something like that would elevate to "unfriendly" is if that said thread were to not even be courteous enough to either give credit, ask permission, or even send a message to ask to first verify that what they were doing was okay. Only then would it be considered "unfriendly".

But why are we even talking about this? Who on :gtplanet: would blatantly steal all of our ideas and pass them off as their own? All of the race directors I've ever come across on this website have operated with honor, integrity, and originality. That's what makes this site so awesome!

:gtpflag:

Lets meet the prize winners:

CapeRingSouth_16-1.jpg

CapeRingSouth_17-1.jpg

CapeRingSouth_18-1.jpg

Congrats guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Car: Dodge Ram 1500 (found in OCD for another week till wednesday)
Track: Trial Mountain

I believe this will be a fun combo, no one has ever raced trucks here (in Snail).

Now thats what I call a pick!

Boogity Boogity Boogity! Lets Go Truck Racing Boys and Girls!:D

I would like to be apart of snail spec racing. this is real competition! I'd like to join right away don't know how to though. please respond back if you could

zer05ive
What do you mean by "friendly"? Are you suggesting that it's possible for another thread to be "unfriendly"?

The only thing I can think of that would make another thread "unfriendly" is if it were to take all of the ideas that we've spent months developing and refining and then simply "copy and paste" them all into their own thread and pass them off as their own original thoughts.

Of course, that would be just more "lame" than "unfriendly". The only way something like that would elevate to "unfriendly" is if that said thread were to not even be courteous enough to either give credit, ask permission, or even send a message to ask to first verify that what they were doing was okay. Only then would it be considered "unfriendly".

But why are we even talking about this? Who on :gtplanet: would blatantly steal all of our ideas and pass them off as their own? All of the race directors I've ever come across on this website have operated with honor, integrity, and originality. That's what makes this site so awesome!

Hey guys, I'm starting a Friday night league called SLOTH! Oh, I should have just started a thread about it.

I would like to be apart of snail spec racing. this is real competition! I'd like to join right away don't know how to though. please respond back if you could

Hey jdogg11985,

Consider yourself joined and get ready for some competition :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be notified in the near future about the process for determining which Division you'll be starting in. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

You think it has anything to do with you guys being downright rude to people? Maybe because you all have effectively taken the FUN out of the game with your hard line? Or maybe because most of the stewards dive bomb almost every corner, making you either get out of their way or get run over by a bunch of them? Just wondering:)

You think it has anything to do with you guys being downright rude to people? Maybe because you all have effectively taken the FUN out of the game with your hard line? Or maybe because most of the stewards dive bomb almost every corner, making you either get out of their way or get run over by a bunch of them? Just wondering:)

Can you site some examples of us being rude to people please?

I'm not sure how putting structure around a race league is taking the fun out of it. Can you elaborate please?

EDIT: And if I remember correctly Glenn a lot of people here were very supportive of you. They offered help and encouragement. How rude is that?

Last edited:
Can you site some examples of us being rude to people please?

I'm not sure how putting structure around a race league is taking the fun out of it. Can you elaborate please?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about that night when we were in the Open Lobby and that guy FORDcobraGT500 was spamming everyone. dudeondacouch was none too pleased and went vigilante on him.. :crazy:

Not sure what he's talking about regarding the "hard line" as we've continued to modify our rules to make them more beginner-friendly.

As for stewards who divebomb - that's the first I've heard of that. I wish he would follow our complaint process so that the matter would have been resolved. Our stewards are not allowed to vote or even give their opinions no racing incidents that they are involved in.

That being said, I'm not sure what any of this has to do with another group who's never raced with us deciding to plagiarize our league. :confused:

Well, I take you comments as being RUDE! After I befriended you when you wanted to quit because you couldn't handle close racing and needed all the aids that GT5 allows. The tutoring you were given to help you improve, you call that rude?!!!!:confused:
I think you took the fun out of your Sim Racing experence. :odd:

There are Rules and Regulations in every league but if you feel like being a subpar racer then you need to join a subpar league that can't come up with there own ideas!

I'm pretty pissed off with your comments Glenn.:mischievous: They were uncalled for and unnecessary.

Thanks Bronco!

Bowler, that means you get Prize C. Please break the tie between Round 2 and Round 3 so that Bronco knows which round he can partially change.

I'll suprise everyone and use my tie breaking vote get rid of the Viper at Indy. That means Bronco can change half of the Cape Ring South/Challenger combo. Sorry for the wait, it's only 8:40 in the am and it's summer vacation here.

Last edited:

Hey, does this guy even race? or is he just complaining for the sake of complaining? I went into his post history (because I haven't been around that long) and all I found of him recently is chiming in on the server on how he doesn't like the rules. I don't get it. Why insert yourself like that if you're not going to be an active part of it? Run with us, get the experience, you may think differently afterwards. Don't look at the cake and tell me it's crap, buy it, eat it, then tell me what you think.

That being said, I'm not sure what any of this has to do with another group who's never raced with us deciding to plagiarize our league. :confused:

This is more on the mark and to the point. Care to clear this one up Glenn?

Sure I'll elaborate, first off about being rude, there are a couple of people here that I have PM'd with no response, you included Zero, If I remember correctly I wanted to help, but didn't know how, and asked you what I could do and how to get that done, and it's been over a month with no reply, sorry I'm new and don't know how to do things here like the rest of you, but I did ask and have the time to help wherever I was needed, just figured a response would have been nice. Next item was taking the fun out, and you do, you have the right to have your club any way you desire, but to me asking for driving aids is taboo here, and is met with scorn, and comments like "well they will never be allowed in one of my events" remember that AP? Again after four months of playing I don't know the tracks by heart, and driving without a driving line is ridiculous for me, and it's just not fun, but that's me, so I guess I'm not cut out for this group, that's fine, but don't sit there and say you guys are beginner friendly when youre not. Before I joined this club I PM'd Zero, telling him I wasn't sure because I was new and had some problems driving with other cars, he said no problem, well, we all see where that got us, lol. Also fzappa, I really don't care what you think, because I messages you too, got no response, and even asked you to race a couple of times, with one or two word answers, which was always no thanks, I then deleted you off my friends list because I don't have room for people who don't want to race with me, sorry. Oh and dive bombing, I would join the parity races, and after the first race I would be put up front because I was always last in the race, the first turn almost every time I would get run over by I don't know how many people, but it was a lot, and nobody ever waited, it got so bad I even said on my last night there please put me in the back because I don't want to get run over, but I got no response, I was put up front, and I got run over, so that's my story, I'm done now, enjoy your club, and you guys can debate my points amongst yourselves, because I really don't care, I just wanted to bring up a point maybe that was being missed.

I'm sure this will be considered rude too. Let him go race with the thieves that will let him use all the crutches he wants. If a beginner really wants to improve, they need to turn off the aids and start learning. This league is beginner friendly if the beginner has the desire to better themselves. I have seen many drivers join and take seconds off their lap times with the help of turtoring and just racing with people and showing up for practice on Wednesdays. I can't speak for this guy getting dive bombed but I can guess the scenario. If he is as clueless without the aids as he claims to be, he's probably missing the entry, apex, and exit of the turn and other guys are having to scramble to avoid him. Following the driving line will only get you run over by a more skilled driver. They won't expect you to take such a terrible line through a corner.

Bottom line. SNAIL is a great place for beginning to intermediate to the highly skilled drivers. It only works for the beginner that is willing to better themselves. You can't show up with the mentality that it's too hard to stop using the aids so you should adapt to me and let me have my crutches.

I'm sure this will be considered rude too. Let him go race with the thieves that will let him use all the crutches he wants. If a beginner really wants to improve, they need to turn off the aids and start learning. This league is beginner friendly if the beginner has the desire to better themselves. I have seen many drivers join and take seconds off their lap times with the help of turtoring and just racing with people and showing up for practice on Wednesdays. I can't speak for this guy getting dive bombed but I can guess the scenario. If he is as clueless without the aids as he claims to be, he's probably missing the entry, apex, and exit of the turn and other guys are having to scramble to avoid him. Following the driving line will only get you run over by a more skilled driver. They won't expect you to take such a terrible line through a corner.

Yes, let him go. Let the discussion about him end here; it's not worth anyone's time.

good night of racing in D2. I loved the 2nd combo and 3rd (which was deceiving in difficulty) but I disliked Spa. The first corner was so severe that it created gaps in the field almost instantly and drafting in the little Lotus was worthless. I can't recall ever a race there that I've been apart of where the field finished together with a few seconds. That track tends to pair 2 to 3 drivers up and mini battles ensue.

Well you've only raced one week in that combo and your experience pretty much contradicts every race I've ever done in that combo, unless there is contact involved that creates insurmountable gaps. I had quite a fun first race, again (surprise), that found me in 7th after giving up two spots for going 4 off on the downhill left-hander on either lap 1 or 2. After some drafting, which is quite easy in this car (was your car broken in?), and 'strategery' I was able catch up to nic and bronco near the first chicane after the uphill straight on the final lap. I ended up in 5th after some poor decisions but the point is that track may be slightly long but it's not difficult to put in sub 2:43's with drafting and I find it quite hard to lose people. I chose the car for the stability and for that very fact that it is easy for the whole field to remain tight for the majority of the session.

I can understand people getting tired of combos when we essentially do 10 minute sprints once a week but even in the 3 or 4 times we have raced this combo there are historically average drivers in D1 that are now making it harder to gain positions on, thus making probably one of the easier car/track combos to handle more of a challenge which is better for the whole.

Sure I'll elaborate, first off about being rude, there are a couple of people here that I have PM'd with no response, you included Zero, If I remember correctly I wanted to help, but didn't know how, and asked you what I could do and how to get that done, and it's been over a month with no reply, sorry I'm new and don't know how to do things here like the rest of you, but I did ask and have the time to help wherever I was needed, just figured a response would have been nice. Next item was taking the fun out, and you do, you have the right to have your club any way you desire, but to me asking for driving aids is taboo here, and is met with scorn, and comments like "well they will never be allowed in one of my events" remember that AP? Again after four months of playing I don't know the tracks by heart, and driving without a driving line is ridiculous for me, and it's just not fun, but that's me, so I guess I'm not cut out for this group, that's fine, but don't sit there and say you guys are beginner friendly when youre not. Before I joined this club I PM'd Zero, telling him I wasn't sure because I was new and had some problems driving with other cars, he said no problem, well, we all see where that got us, lol. Also fzappa, I really don't care what you think, because I messages you too, got no response, and even asked you to race a couple of times, with one or two word answers, which was always no thanks, I then deleted you off my friends list because I don't have room for people who don't want to race with me, sorry. Oh and dive bombing, I would join the parity races, and after the first race I would be put up front because I was always last in the race, the first turn almost every time I would get run over by I don't know how many people, but it was a lot, and nobody ever waited, it got so bad I even said on my last night there please put me in the back because I don't want to get run over, but I got no response, I was put up front, and I got run over, so that's my story, I'm done now, enjoy your club, and you guys can debate my points amongst yourselves, because I really don't care, I just wanted to bring up a point maybe that was being missed.

Wow, emorage.

To clarify a couple of points:

First point: We allowed driving line and TCS in D3 this week. All one has to do it let us know. On this thread, I do want to point out a couple of things...

The driving line is nice for courses with blind corners. If you don't remember which way to turn, it helps. It isn't the most helpful with the proper line and brake points, so don't count on it too much.

I'm a horrible driver, but the two times I've tested, I've actually been faster without TCS. Once was in the old 240 Z in a time trial. I posted a time, exited, and then realized I had the TCS on. I went back in, turned it off and broke the time I had just spent so long setting.

Second point: I am a horrible driver, but I'm not aware of me divebombing anyone (me being the only steward you've raced with). If I did/do, I'm sorry. I did miss a brake zone this past week while chasing someone, tapped him on the inside and put myself into the wall trying not to punt him off course. I lost two spots. I'm hoping I didn't slow him down too much, but he didn't lose any spots on that corner.

As to the stewards getting away with these crimes, this is the very reason why the steward for D3 isn't in D3. If you have a problem with another driver in D3, you don't tell me about it, you tell someone else about it. Even if I'm not involved, the points may affect me, so I have no say.

So don't get the impression that stewards are above the law. The laws are in place to prevent that. If a steward gets away with something, it is only because no one bothered to file a protest.

Unrelated to Glenn...

I thought we just did a truck at Cape Ring? Now are are going to do a truck at Trial Mountain? :P Mind you, I'm missing this week, but I'll still make sure I have that trunk incase it survives the vote.

Ok Im at work typing on my phone so i Will say as little as i can as Im sure others Will explain better.
As for a response back in a timely manner, Zero is a busy guy, he doesn't live here. Is a response within 24hrs really hard to ask for? From what I've heard about you Glenn, you pm'd someone at night (central time) and they were running a Bspec race which showed them online az you had them added. You sent them a pm and expected an response immediately, which when you did not get, you told them that they were rude, didn't care about you, and that you were removing them from your friendslist.

As far as the parity races those are for fun, not taken seriously.

As far as the use of "aids" those Are allowed in D3, but if you won, you wouldn't be able to move to D2.

Sure I'll elaborate, first off about being rude, there are a couple of people here that I have PM'd with no response, you included Zero, If I remember correctly I wanted to help, but didn't know how, and asked you what I could do and how to get that done, and it's been over a month with no reply, sorry I'm new and don't know how to do things here like the rest of you, but I did ask and have the time to help wherever I was needed, just figured a response would have been nice.

Are you serious??? I sent you many responses and put a lot of time and thought into each of them. For example:

Here's the PM I sent to you on May 24th:

Thanks for asking. I like your idea! I encourage new and creative ways to entertain the general SNAIL population (as long as the host is organized and does not try to host events that conflict with another S.N.A.I.L. event). I think that you'll find that once you post the complete event details, more SNAILs will want to give it a try. Some will just like the idea on its own merit, and some will just want to support any S.N.A.I.L. event. No matter how you slice it, I think you'll have enough. 👍

You seem to have already put some thought into how you're going to run this event, so that's a good sign. Since this is your first time directing an event, the best advice I can give you is to be organized and communicate your thoughts. It's better to over-communicate than to under-communicate. Lack of communication can lead to chaos confusion.

I like the settings you have chosen. They fall in line with the setting we use on Sundays and that's the consistency I like to see.

All that being said, I was actually going to suggest to you that you might want to host an Indy 500 and Monaco GP double-header this Sunday night since we don't have official races this week. Obviously, the reason for this is because both of those iconic events run this Sunday. However, I concluded that we would be better off running our typical format this Sunday night since it might help recruit new members if we host Open Lobby races at the same time and day that we host our official league races. Let me know what you think.

btw, i love your sig!! too funny! Have Devious or Mopar said anything to you about it? :lol:

Here's the PM I sent to you on May 26th:

Thanks for your willingness to help! Let me know if there's any league responsibility you'd like to take on. Right now, we're looking for photographers to post pictures from the Sunday races. If that's not your cup of tea, I'm sure there are several other duties that I haven't even though of yet.

Looking forward to see what you come up with your F1 project. 👍

zer05ive

Here's the PM I sent to you on May 29th:

Hi Glenn,
Sorry for the delayed response. I've been working overtime coordinating a new video, logo, and banner for the league. As far as you F1 idea goes, I like it! I especially like that's it's something new and unique to the league. Not only with the cars used, but also with the one-on-one nature of the races. I view the fact that each match up must be coordinated by the two drivers involved as a bonus too. After a race has been completed, one driver can then post who won the matchup and then the other can confirm it (like they do here).

Speaking of a new logo, it should be ready in time for your official post on this event. I can send it to you so that you can put in on your banner. If you want some help with your banner overall, there are several SNAILs who are pretty good at them and would be happy to help you if you wish.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
zer0

Next item was taking the fun out, and you do, you have the right to have your club any way you desire, but to me asking for driving aids is taboo here, and is met with scorn, and comments like "well they will never be allowed in one of my events" remember that AP? Again after four months of playing I don't know the tracks by heart, and driving without a driving line is ridiculous for me, and it's just not fun, but that's me, so I guess I'm not cut out for this group, that's fine, but don't sit there and say you guys are beginner friendly when youre not. Before I joined this club I PM'd Zero, telling him I wasn't sure because I was new and had some problems driving with other cars, he said no problem, well, we all see where that got us, lol.

As I mentioned before, we made these changes to allow driving aids in D3. Do you not realize that these changes were made specifically for you??? I guess it just goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished. :rolleyes:

EDIT: After reading through all of the PM's again, I forgot just how rude I was to you!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Vol Jbolaz - That's a good idea that everyone should follow. Even if you don't plan on running this Sunday, get the car/truck so you have it in the future.

As for the truck at Cape Ring......Haha. That's funny

Sweet pics, every were a Mopar! Im in love!

Last edited:
I've been making a habbit out of buying everything in the OCD under 1 million each time it refreshes. I do this on a secondary account so that I could dupe them to my main account if ever needed.

Since you singled me out, Glenn…

GG
asking for driving aids is taboo here, and is met with scorn, and comments like "well they will never be allowed in one of my events" remember that AP?

Me

Yeah. That's my take. (I can't believe I found that post. You have some memory, Glenn.)

Your constant nagging about aids is ludicrous. If someone else wants to have aids in there S.N.A.I.L. related non-Sunday event they can, all that I said is that I wouldn't. That said, I've only ever hosted one non-Sunday event, and I have NEVER publicly judged someone else's choices of event style or settings. To each their own.

It's funny, though, as you prefaced your above statement with
GG
you have the right to have your club any way you desire
You say that, but do you believe it? It seems not.

The fact of the matter is, though, that this league revolves around the Sunday events, and the Sunday events absolutely do allow driving aids in D3. It has been stated many times. (Admittedly, the first post probably needs a revamp of the wording on that, though.) Yet you continue to come back here and say that driving aids are "taboo," that we "take the fun out" and that we're not driver friendly. You return again and again to tell us that you don't like out league or how it's run. Now you're telling us that you think we're rude, bringing up incidents from two months ago, at least one of which has already been invalidated. (Well done, zer0)

You also said that you asked to be put in the back of the grid during a parity race. Too bad, man. That just can't be done without a painfully slow manual restructuring that involves everyone's participation and cooperation. You could easily have taken off and pulled over. Don't complain about what can't be done or what you did not think to do.

There's probably a league out there for you if this one is too "advanced" for you. Join it. Have fun, but stop looking back.

esh
Well you've only raced one week in that combo and your experience pretty much contradicts every race I've ever done in that combo, unless there is contact involved that creates insurmountable gaps. I had quite a fun first race, again (surprise), that found me in 7th after giving up two spots for going 4 off on the downhill left-hander on either lap 1 or 2. After some drafting, which is quite easy in this car (was your car broken in?), and 'strategery' I was able catch up to nic and bronco near the first chicane after the uphill straight on the final lap. I ended up in 5th after some poor decisions but the point is that track may be slightly long but it's not difficult to put in sub 2:43's with drafting and I find it quite hard to lose people. I chose the car for the stability and for that very fact that it is easy for the whole field to remain tight for the majority of the race.

I gave an opinion which I'm wholly entitled to when I stated "I dislike Spa.". The combination was fine. Heck I won...I just don't like the track which is why I voted it off. I voted with my interest in mind, which is what occurs when one votes. It might be an unpopular stance, but I hope you'll accept it as my opinion.

In other news, was there any mayhem last night and how did it go?

@mopar--Dodge Ram should be a blast-y blast. :)

Edit: Holy heck just read the posts from previous page and ??
enjoy the other group forming is all I can say.

Last edited:
Thanks for proving me right guys, I knew you would:), and Ap don't make me go through your posts, you know you're wrong. It's also curious to me how you guys were saying mopars needed to grow up because he picked a combo out of spite, when you just made that new league for Saturday enduros, lol, hipocrites, and mopars you only know one side of the story, you don't know mine, so before you talk out of your backside, maybe you should think about the stuff I know about you:scared:, also, Zero, you missed one I sent after you sent those, so maybe you should check a little better before opening your mouth, thanks.

Back