◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
Ok and how do i break into the 3 cars i
have to buy?

To be fully broken in the cars from the New Car Dealership need to be driven around 200 miles. Most of us use our B Spec drivers and one of the Endurance races to put miles on the cars. I use the Laguna Seca 200 mile race.

How do you do the time trials?

For any new members who are confused about how to do the time trial, here are details instructions:
  1. select 'Arcade Mode' from the GT5 main menu
  2. select 'Time Trial'
  3. click on the 'World Circuits' tab
  4. select 'Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca'
  5. select 'RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (it's the 33rd car from the left)
  6. choose any color
  7. choose your transmission preference (Automatic of Manual)
  8. change the front and rear tires to Sports Soft
  9. turn the Driving Line Off
  10. set the Traction Control to Off
  11. turn Skid Recovery Force to Off
  12. change the Grip Reduction to Real
  13. click 'OK'
  14. click 'Start' and run about 10-15 laps
  15. PM kcheeb with your best lap time
Please remember that this is not a competition! The time you provide will simply be used to place you in the division that you will provide you with the closest competition possible. Please do not exaggerate or sandbag your time. Doing so will only prevent you from experiencing that close racing that our league is known for! :)

To all current SNAILs, it is highly recommended that you run this time trial as well. The more data we have on the lap times of our current members, the more accurately we can place new members into the correct division. This will result in a better racing experience for everyone! 👍

Last edited:
Ok and how do i break into the 3 cars i
have to buy?

I like to use the B spec 22 lap race at Indy. Bob can drive flat out giving a higher average speed. The only caveat being having to restart the race every 20-25 minutes.

I like to use the B spec 22 lap race at Indy. Bob can drive flat out giving a higher average speed. The only caveat being having to restart the race every 20-25 minutes.

Do the endurance race, 250 laps at Indy oval. about 2 hour's or so will be 200 miles, and you CAN exit the race, and select another car. Exiting the race will save the mileage on the car so you wont lose it. 100 laps at Indy = 250 miles FYI. around 1'10 a lap for Bob depending on the car.

So is it possible for people who aren't participating to watch or anything? Wouldn't think so because keeping people to a minimum is probably best but I'm just wondering.

So is it possible for people who aren't participating to watch or anything? Wouldn't think so because keeping people to a minimum is probably best but I'm just wondering.

Why watch when you could be racing?

Ok but when you finish racing next Sunday night, you'll regret that you waited. Just do it! SNAIL is what everyone has been waiting for! Don't wait another second.

Skills
Ok but when you finish racing next Sunday night, you'll regret that you waited. Just do it! SNAIL is what everyone has been waiting for! Don't wait another second.

It really is fun, and I can almost personally assure you that someone (cough, cough) will probably be slower than you.

I intend to run all manual transmission tonight. Gulp!

For the record, you only need 186.5 miles (300km) to fully break in your car. I feel like saving almost 15 miles of unnecessary driving might be worth it.

Yea you got it Handlebar. Use it to your advantage and don't always do what the gear indicators tell you to do.

Looks like I should be able to participate tonight guys.

I'll be using my 'RIP_Welsh_Don' account.

Colours - Car, Perlmuttgrun / Wheels, Grey

Number 36 please (I believe it is still available ;) )

If you need any more information, just let me know. I look forward to joining you guys tonight :D

Looks like I should be able to participate tonight guys.

I'll be using my 'RIP_Welsh_Don' account.

Colours - Car, Perlmuttgrun / Wheels, Grey

Number 36 please (I believe it is still available ;) )

If you need any more information, just let me know. I look forward to joining you guys tonight :D

Hey RIP_Welsh_Don,

Glad to hear that, I'll have the drivers list updated in about a half hour.

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. You've sent me your time trial already, thanks 👍

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

My b spec driver has no points and i cant do endurance races. I ate some chicken last night and i think i have solmonilla. And my electricity ended going out a few hours ago. Idk if i'll be racing good today or race at all. Im sorry guys and i'll try to pull through but idk. My stomach is killing me and im cold

Back