◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Car/Track Combo will be:

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08 @ Nurburgring GP/D

I believe this will be on Racing Hard tyres.

Sorry for the delay :)

I'll take prize B. Keeping the track, changing the car. New car is the Mercedes 300 Sl coupe '54. Can be found in the premium garage. I believe the tires will be Sports Mediums. Hope every1 enjoys it.

Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections!

The lineup has been updated. :)

Please note that I've flipped the order of the lineups. The current lineup is now listed at the top while the older lineups are now listed on the bottom. The list was just getting too long and there was just too much scrolling required to get to the current list (thanks for the feedback, cheeb)

If you plan on participating in tonight's practice races, please be sure to break-in the Lambo before then (unless of course you're new in which case you'll want to break in all three cars on the July 22nd lineup.

Last edited:
Hay guys im really interested in joining you guys for some spec racing sounds like a ton of fun!

Hey EpicGonzago,

Glad you're interested in S.N.A.I.L., we do have a ton of fun :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. Please run the Time Trial Combination in this post and Private Message your time to my GT Planet account prior to 10:00 P.M. EDT Saturday July 21st. The time you send will help us determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

I'd like to join also. looks like a fun series here. Nothing beats spec racing in my opinion.

Hey JerseyDriverSS,

Fun is the name of the game at S.N.A.I.L. prepare to have some :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. Please run the Time Trial Combination in this post and Private Message your time to my GT Planet account prior to 10:00 P.M. EDT Saturday July 21st. The time you send will help us determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Oh my, I think I just asked him to run a time trial for me, lol!

I feel my tenuous grasp on D1 slipping, must hang on, can't let go ........ :)

Well....I guess I'm not the only one that will be grasping:lol:

Save the replays and maybe we can learn something:sly:

Nice to have them on board.

Remember everyone , practice tonight in open lobby with Sundays combos at 10:00pm eastern

Room number will be posted at 9:50pm eastern

Its going to be interesting!!!!!!

I'd like to join also. looks like a fun series here. Nothing beats spec racing in my opinion.

Well you've definitely found the right place if you like spec racing! You'll get a heavy dose of that here and in a wide variety of cars too. Just consider it a fun way of training for next year's GT Academy. 👍

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :)

Well you've definitely found the right place if you like spec racing! You'll get a heavy dose of that here and in a wide variety of cars too. Just consider it a fun way of training for next year's GT Academy. 👍

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :)

The training part is my plan lol. I'm a newbie to gt5 and what better way for me to learn the tracks and the quircks of this game. Looking forward to some good racing with you guys.

Also were do i find the combos for sunday so i can possibly practice with you guys tonight if possible.

The training part is my plan lol. I'm a newbie to gt5 and what better way for me to learn the tracks and the quircks of this game. Looking forward to some good racing with you guys.

Also were do i find the combos for sunday so i can possibly practice with you guys tonight if possible.

Check the second post, it's updated with the current combo as soon as it is chosen.

The second post has all the past combos, as well as the current lineup.

EDIT: Stop it dabney, new ninja meister

Haha, ninja'd again! BTW, what's the time trial car and track combo?

It's in this post.

Mazda Laguna Seca
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02 - from the recommended list, not your own broken in car!
Tires - Sport Soft
Grip - Real
Driving Aids - Only ABS allowed

Feel free to put a few laps in and send me your time, more data is good!

Oh my, I think I just asked him to run a time trial for me, lol!

Part of me thinks it's insulting to ask a GT Academy Finalist to run a time trial to see what division they belong in, but part of me wants to know what kinds of times are possible on that car/track combo! :lol:

It's in this post.

Mazda Laguna Seca
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02 - from the recommended list, not your own broken in car!
Tires - Sport Soft
Grip - Real
Driving Aids - Only ABS allowed

Feel free to put a few laps in and send me your time, more data is good!

What are your thoughts on adding more details to your post like I did here? We've had a few of the newer guys get confused about the process (including confusion on what a PM was), so it might be better just to lay it all out step-by-step to make is as easy to complete as possible for those that are either new to GT5 or new to gtplanet.

Last edited:
Part of me thinks it's insulting to ask a GT Academy Finalist to run a time trial to see what division they belong in, but part of me is wants to know what kinds of times are possible on that track combo! :lol:

I'm not sure we want to set that precedent to be honest. We've had a few other folks sign up recently where there was no doubt where they were going to land, we didn't give them a free pass, so to speak ...

What are your thoughts on adding more details to your post like I did here? We've had a few of the newer guys get confused about the process (including confusion on what a PM was), so it might be better just to lay it all out step-by-step to make is as easy to complete as possible for those that are either new to GT5 or new to gtplanet.

This is on my list and a good nudge for me to just do it. I'll have it sorted as soon as I can get a post divisible by 20 :sly:

This club is getting hot, lol.
I'm hoping that in a few weeks I might be able to get back to somewhat regular Sunday night racing. Should I run the time trial to make sure I'm still good for D1? :)

This club is getting hot, lol.
I'm hoping that in a few weeks I might be able to get back to somewhat regular Sunday night racing. Should I run the time trial to make sure I'm still good for D1? :)

Hey dsgerbc, that would be great. As I said a couple of posts ago, more data is good!

Let us know when you're able to start racing full time 👍

haha was looking at body mods for the mercedes (not that I put any on) and the only thing u can do is pay 19,000 to take the bumpers off... total rip off

I'm not sure we want to set that precedent to be honest. We've had a few other folks sign up recently where there was no doubt where they were going to land, we didn't give them a free pass, so to speak ...

Agreed. We should treat all new members equally. 👍

This is on my list and a good nudge for me to just do it. I'll have it sorted as soon as I can get a post divisible by 20 :sly:

:lol:

Hey maniacs. I`m new in here and have small problem to find where i can added myself to start racing with U . Help please

Hey maniacs. I`m new in here and have small problem to find where i can added myself to start racing with U . Help please

Hey chev46, we'd be glad to have you in our league, but we race Sunday @ 10:00 P.M. Eastern Time, that would make it around 3:00 A.M. your time.

Are you able to race with us then?

Back