◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,756 comments
If the room fills up, it would be best to open another. I could do that, my connection is okay, sometimes the bits freeze in the Great White North :lol: I hadn't planned on taking a spot tonight as I'm not racing Sunday, but I do have time tonight.

If anyone else, with a good connection, wants to volunteer to be room 2 host, feel free to chime in :)

So for anyone trying to join tonight, if you can't get into the room hosted by tcrash, please post here and we'll get another room up asap.

Sound okay to everyone???

As hinted here and also discussed in lounges these past few days, it looks like expanding to four divisions is unavoidable. However, I'd prefer to be able to make it through the July season with our existing three divisions and then expand to four divisions starting with the August season.

If we were to do that, we could split the practices up based on divisions. One room could be fore D1 and D2 drivers and another room could be for D3 and D4 drivers. After all, it's better to have everyone practicing with drivers who are more closely matched since that will better prepare everyone for the official Sunday night races. 👍

Last edited:
Beautiful. It only makes sense. It was kind of weird having D1 and D3 racers in the same room. I sometimes wonder if it turned some people off.

So just to be clear, breaking into a car is atleast 200 miles?

What if it's not 200 miles?

Also, when you buy a new car and do an oil change before anything, you get extra horsepower, is that allowed?

200 miles is what it takes to break a car's engine in and get its full potential. It's recommended (virtually required) that you do that or you'll be dropped to the back of the pack down every straight. If you do not go 200 miles your horsepower will be less than those who do.

Yes. Change the oil. Running cars on sludge is not recommended.

@Tez, I'd like to claim the following Paint/Car # Please. Body paint Goodwood Green Pearl Effect & Stock Wheel Color and car # 27. I checked the current spreadsheet & does not look like there is any conflict. If there is just PM me & I'll pick something else.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, you guys seem to have a great league set up here, and I'm interested in joining. I haven't done spec racing in quite a while, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it. Hopefully I'll see you guys out on track soon :)

Hey, you guys seem to have a great league set up here, and I'm interested in joining. I haven't done spec racing in quite a while, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it. Hopefully I'll see you guys out on track soon :)

Hey WiiFreak,

Gotta say it, WiiFreak playing a PS3 game. You should fit in here quite well :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. Please run the Time Trial Combination in this post and Private Message your time to my GT Planet account prior to 10:00 P.M. EDT Saturday July 21st. If you're not familiar with running time trials in GT5, this post has an excellent explanation of how to do just that.

The time you send will help us determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Good to see you here Wii, looking forward to you and Nic continuing to kick my ass.

dsgerbc
At this rate there will soon be a need for a whole new division for alien drivers ;)

I am excited by the new folks, skilled and all.

I just hope my driving doesn't leave 'em appalled...

Handlebar
I am excited by the new folks, skilled and all.

I just hope my driving doesn't leave 'em appalled...

Having tried the Lamborghini... Ouch, if you do not at least try a few laps before Sunday in D3, IMHO. Once again, I may not be voting against the Ferrari. I would not have believed that a few weeks ago.

I am game to try it, but I predict the contact and spins are going to be more Team Slapstick than Team Awesomesauce. Back to practicing and hoping for some improvement.

Last edited:
Yes, we need to move to four divisions.

Everyone, please, be patient with our full rooms until the first week of August.

Having tried the Lamborghini... Ouch, if you do not at least try a few laps before Sunday in D3, IMHO. Once again, I may not be voting against the Ferrari. I would not have believed that a few weeks ago.

I am game to try it, but I predict the contact and spins are going to be more Team Slapstick than Team Awesomesauce. Back to practicing and hoping for some improvement.

Spins in a AWD car eh? Wow

With the Racing Hard tyres I thought it was very well behaved? I didn't intend to pick anything too difficult and I did run some laps in it before choosing the combo. Hopefully tonight goes ok, which I am hoping to make :).

Great to see Wii here too 👍. With some other 'big hitters' showing interest also, things are going to be even more FUN! :D

Yes, we need to move to four divisions.

Everyone, please, be patient with our full rooms until the first week of August.

We might not be able to wait until August.. I wanted to complete the July season with the existing three divisions in tact, but not if it means not having enough room for everyone these last two weeks. We'll discuss after practice tonight..

Handlebar, will you be able to make practice or at least be able to chat afterwards?

@Tez, I'd like to claim the following Paint/Car # Please. Body paint Goodwood Green Pearl Effect & Stock Wheel Color and car # 27. I checked the current spreadsheet & does not look like there is any conflict. If there is just PM me & I'll pick something else.

Thanks

Noted and added to the list :)

You bet, the Canucks are becoming a force here (in numbers at least) :)

I think that every NHL season since I started following it :(

zer05ive
We might not be able to wait until August.. I wanted to complete the July season with the existing three divisions in tact, but not if it means not having enough room for everyone these last two weeks. We'll discuss after practice tonight..

Handlebar, will you be able to make practice or at least be able to chat afterwards?

I will negotiate with She Who Must Be Listened To.

I shall try to make some of it, but if you mean talk/chat after Midnight... Probably unlikely. Since I am not in session/school, I am flexible, but kid and wife sched starts OMG early sometimes.

Other times... Can you make 6:30 am EST between kid/swim practices?

(Let's Go Caps!)

dgaf95integra
Join division 2 king that's the one I joined

It isn't normally a choice, it is a matter of what division you fit into, or work your way into (either one).

aka: See the intro info. You may fit into D2 or even D1, but it is all there.

Back