◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
KingBestJr
How much i have been wanting to get a G27. Right now i have a DFGT.

$229.99 plus shipping. Amazon is the same price but doesn't charge shipping. I was being a wise guy with the offer because I knew they gave him a new wheel .

How much i have been wanting to get a G27. Right now i have a DFGT.

The dfgt is the wheel used at the GT Academy finals isn't it?

Might be best to stick with that one, even though there are better wheels out there ;)

kcheeb
The dfgt is the wheel used at the GT Academy finals isn't it?

Might be best to stick with that one, even though there are better wheels out there ;)

G27 is a great wheel. Changing from DFGT to G27 takes getting used to but it's so quite! If you know what I mean. ; )

G27 is a great wheel. Changing from DFGT to G27 takes getting used to but it's so quite! If you know what I mean. ; )

So's my Fanatec CSR-E ;)

I just thought if you're racing with an eye to the finals, using the wheel used there will not be a shock.

Hi kcheeb,
For my car and wheel color, i'ld like Velocity Yellow Tintcoat and Beu Non Metallise wheels.

Noted and added to the spreadsheet.

I was being a wise guy with the offer because I knew they gave him a new wheel.

I was hoping they didn't know the difference and given me a more expensive one. Before I had a wheel at all, I had my eye on the wireless Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 one as you don't need a table to clamp to since it comes with its own stand :sly:

Last edited:
That surprises me. I thought the dfgt was the official wheel of gt5. Which made it a natural.

Wasn't it made for GT4, and then carried over as the official wheel at GT5's launch? But Nick is right, the Thrustmaster T500 RS is the wheel now. Pic:

7443714804_d0f97b2ca6_c-638x504.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be in the Div 3 lounge practicing something I generally suck at and never attempted with a wheel before; rally driving :scared:

That surprises me. I thought the dfgt was the official wheel of gt5. Which made it a natural.

It was the first year of GTA for USA. This year they switched and now Thrustmaster is official wheel of Gran Turismo. Which sucked the brake pedal had to much dead zone in the National Finals. But there is always next year. :)

Well, Handlebar and chatva will be delighted to know that the practice paid off in the rally seasonal for me; knocked four seconds off my best time from last night (admittedly the Lancia Delta is lighter than the Mitsi GTO, but it's less powerful too, lol) :D

Last edited:
It was the first year of GTA for USA. This year they switched and now Thrustmaster is official wheel of Gran Turismo. Which sucked the brake pedal had to much dead zone in the National Finals. But there is always next year. :)

I thought the steering wheel was pretty good, was just odd getting used to the paddles being stationary but other than that I think it's a little better than the G27. Now the pedals on the other hand were a different story. I thought the pedals were terrible, not any feel at all and you only got feedback once the pedal was halfway down for both the brake and gas so it was hard to even drive like a real car.

I thought the steering wheel was pretty good, was just odd getting used to the paddles being stationary but other than that I think it's a little better than the G27. Now the pedals on the other hand were a different story. I thought the pedals were terrible, not any feel at all and you only got feedback once the pedal was halfway down for both the brake and gas so it was hard to even drive like a real car.

Completely agree with this statement. The wheel itself was great. The pedals sucked bad for such an expensive wheel. :ouch:

Do they allow you to tweak the setup to suit your driving style or is it like us here and everyone uses the same thing?

fzappa
That's why I have two extra. To cover any pedal issues. No issues yet but Murphy's Law might strike at any moment.
If I was to sell one it's all or nothing. It's usually the potentiometers that go bad and you can buy the on line for about 5-10 bucks.

I'm on my second set right now. Friend purchased 2 wheels way back when and they have both been replaced. His was just the wheel being misaligned but I had the pedal issue in addition. When I talked with Logitech they only wanted the wheel and not pedals so I still have the wonky set. I think they offer a 1 year warranty with 9 month extension. Just got under it by a couple months.

Completely agree with this statement. The wheel itself was great. The pedals sucked bad for such an expensive wheel. :ouch:

I have to disagree. I liked both. The wheel was super smooth and the extra time i got to play on it after i got knocked out with the randoms on the 2 community sleds i really grew to like it. I could actually use the pedals comfortably with my shoes on and be precise. Side note anyone gonna be on tonight practicing. I need to break in these cars and what better way.

Do they allow you to tweak the setup to suit your driving style or is it like us here and everyone uses the same thing?

They let you touch nothing default setup with whatever tires the car they use has. ABS on 1 everything else off. No touching Brake Bias either.

Hi, I'd like to join the league.

Cheers.

Hey SGPracing,

Good stuff, glad you want to join :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

You'll be added to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. When you run the Time Trial and Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time, you'll be moved to the appropriate Division List. We do this to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

Shortly after that, a PSN friend request will be sent to you from the SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account for the Division you will be placed in. That lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

They let you touch nothing default setup with whatever tires the car they use has. ABS on 1 everything else off. No touching Brake Bias either.

Wow, strict rules then. I suppose it makes sense when trying to narrow the playing field down, but I'd have thought they'd allow a tiny bit of wiggle room since not everyone drives the same way.

Hey, ask for the car to be sponsored by GTPlanet instead of GT Academy then :lol:

Tez,

Can I use Championship White/Black for my color Combo?

Thanks

Added...along with those who sent me a PM :)

Dont forget everyone Magic lap racing tonight. Have your lap times ready

Got two cars lined up for it :D

Last edited:
Gah - I went and found several cars, practiced for Magic Lap and then wife just calls to remind me that she's planning on watching the Opening Ceremonies tonight with the entire family, including mother in law.

Yippee?

:-( Good luck, guys.

Just a reminder that Magic Lap is tonight with the following theme:

Theme: Something Completely Different - I have had a few requests to have a night with an open theme, where every car was allowed. I agree that this would be nice, but at the same time, I worried that we would lose one of the points that makes this so fun: The idea that you can race any car, even something you're not used to, and still be competitive. I like that this type of racing can put you out of your comfort zone, and I wanted to keep it that way.

So for this week's theme, I expect you to drive something different, unique, or unusual, either in general, or to you. Drive something strange like a Tank Car or Kubelwagen, or if you usually drive supercars, try a Kei car or a Rally Car. The point is to try something different. Have fun with it and don't think too hard!
Track: Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
Car Restriction: Open (see theme)

IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE READ:
If you plan on racing multiple cars, get your laptimes for some of them ahead of time by practicing in an online room (This is important as the physics are different between online and offline). When the racing begins, you will have time to get your laps for one of the cars, but don't expect to have time to get them for several.

The first few races will allow any car within the theme. Because the delay times will be long with such a difference in times from the fastest to slowest car, the races will be short, one or a few laps depending on the length of the track.

After that, we will switch to the lower range of vehicles, so the fastest eligible cars will be disallowed. This will shorten the delay times so the races can be longer. After a few races like that we will switch to the high performance range, disallowing the slowest cars. If there is time, we will go back to allowing all cars and run a few more shorter races until people leave.

At any time during racing, you are free to switch to any other allowed vehicle, so long as you have the lap time handy. If you become the slowest car, however, I will have to recalculate everyone's times again, so keep that in mind.

Also feel free to adjust your times if you think your estimate was off. Just tell me your new time and I will calculate the new delay for you. Don't base this off your first lap of a race, as that will always be slower than your estimates.

Please ensure you have at least one car under 500PP and at least one car above 400PP. They may be the same car. This is so that when we switch to driving the faster segment or slower segment of cars, you will actually have something to drive!

Have been racing with "bloodredsky" and "chatva" in Street Only for several months. Just heard them talking about your League.
Am interested in joining - but not sure if my ability is good enough.
Want to give it a try though.

Question: Is there a way for someone to Watch your Sunday night races and see how it is done?

Thanks for considering my request,
TEX36 (On GT5 it is TEX-36)

Back