◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,779 comments
moutonguerrier / Maxime0911
  • Level 2 - 6 points
  • Level 2 - 7 points
  • Total: 13 points - doubled to 26 points for probation - 6 week probation remains - Driver is officially warned to clean it up immediately or face elimination from the league

Please allow me to add some clarification to the portion above in blue. As I hinted at here, I desired something that would be a stronger deterrent to drivers who continued to collect penalties week after week after week. After all, if penalties and probation are not enough to encourage a driver to improve his racecraft, then we need something with more of a consequence. With that in mind, I'd like to announce the Last Chance List.

As the name implies, drivers on the Last Chance List have one final chance to prove that they can improve their racecraft, or at the very least, want to drive clean. Being on the Last Chance List means that a driver will not be allowed any more excuses. They must prove to the entire league that their focus is to drive clean at all costs instead of trying to win at all costs. Here's how it works:

If any driver is consistently on the maximum 6 weeks probation, yet still continues to collect penalties for poor racecraft week after week, they will be put on the Last Chance List. The driver will be notified via PM that they have been put on the list, which means they have been given their last and final warning to clean up their driving. If anyone on their "last chance" causes contact on the track, they must give the proper contact concession immediately. Saying "sorry" or getting yet another penalty later is not enough. If they do not give the proper contact concession on the track immediately after they cause contact, they will be kicked out of the league.

Simply put, if a driver on their "last chance" causes contact with another driver and does not immediately give a contact concession, then that driver will have his PSN ID removed from all SNAIL Divison accounts as soon as the incident is verified by the stewards.

Drivers on the Last chance List can get off the list by simply getting off probation. In other words, if a driver drives penalty-free for enough weeks to have their probation lifted, they will be removed from the Last Chance List as well.

Last edited:
Current drivers on the Last Chance List
  1. moutonguerrier / Maxime0911 (notified via PM on 11/6/12)

Last edited:
I'd like my reason for shortcutting please. Only part I can think of was running two wide with jlbowler on trial mountain and had to give some room to not bump him but he ended up spinning.

Considering there were four incidents of shortcutting I doubt that was the only reason, though I can't recall if that incident was one of them at all.

There were two shortcutting incidents by you in each of the Trial Mountain races.

Apmaddock
Considering there were four incidents of shortcutting I doubt that was the only reason, though I can't recall if that incident was one of them at all.

There were two shortcutting incidents by you in each of the Trial Mountain races.

That's the only one I could think of. Only reason I mentioned anything. I figured you guys would shoot a message to us this week if there were any issues. Thanks though.

yeah, it seems like everyones tired of the RM's and super cars, so why not go with something small, something that doesnt have a 0-60 time of less than 5 seconds

You won the prize and you pick want you like:tup:

I'm just sayin' 'on Daytona'?:sly:

Please make sure it doesn't top off on the rev limiter in the draft.:)

That's the only one I could think of. Only reason I mentioned anything. I figured you guys would shoot a message to us this week if there were any issues. Thanks though.

Typically that happens but ghosting violations and shortcutting are acceptable to report directly to the Stewards without first contacting the offending driver, as listed in the OLR:
OLR
Penalties for ghosting violations, or for cutting corner or going four wheels off track to gain an advantage can be reported directly to the Steward by any driver witnessing the problem without talking to the other driver first.
hence the surprise, if you will.

Last edited:
Well that was certainly a fun-filled evening. A $60 mill race around Daytona (didn't get the GT5 trophy for it, that's annoying) followed by a Toscana Evo v Rex battle and finish up with X2011 jumping on that Welsh track :D

Here's some shots when Ap and I did that over 6 months ago (has it really been that long? Sheesh)

X2011_1.jpg

X2011_3.jpg

EifelCircuit_6.jpg

X2011_2.jpg

EifelCircuit.jpg

Last edited:
Well that was certainly a fun-filled evening. A $60 mill race around Daytona (didn't get the GT5 trophy for it, that's annoying) followed by a Toscana Evo v Rex battle and finish up with X2011 jumping on that Welsh track :D

Here's some shots when Ap and I did that over 6 months ago (has it really been that long? Sheesh)
]

What a fun night

I went back into the A-spec races and found the historic one so I could get the dream race trophy. Lucked out with the grid (2D sarting up front) so I slapped a setup on the Jaaaaaaag, chucked some racing softs on it and after five laps around Monaco without wiping out I had my trophy :lol:

Apmaddock
That would, presumably, make them impossible to practice.

User-made tracks have been considered before, but the ability to distribute them to the drivers who would like to practice on them has held that back.

So - No.

I do not buy that as an excuse, honestly, if this one assumption holds true. If not, then... I would have to agree.

Snail division X puts "custom course" as default track for the lobby from the My Courses list.

If that CAN be done, then all SNAILs can practice whatever course we want.
If that cannot be done, then I wholeheartedly agree that it cannot be done in SNAIL.

I really wish the Track Generator (not a creator, IMHO) was better designed an implemented.

That CAN be done, but the power that be have indicated in the past that they're not interested in doing it.

Access to the divisional accounts is a little more widespread now, though, so perhaps they'll change their mind, but I suggest that you take that up with them.

So the rub isn't the ability to share, it's the willingness to implement something new or different.

With the various discussions on broadening the options for racing, it would seem relevant to revisit it.

"Things would be different if I were king... "

(Opposition heads in baskets, fiefdom, serfs, noblesse oblige, taxes, etc - and I have no desire to be the big cheese!)

i feel like i could take a nap with the mazda, but it is certainly something different.

Well it's mostly a Ford Fusion so that doesn't surprise me. It's a relatively good platform but I dont think I would call it a sporty one.

This week can officially be called the SNAIL FML week.

With Zero running triples. Custom tracks only work in center monitor.

I highly doubt you guys will be seeing custom tracks.

Note I said you guys and not we. Cause I don't do custom tracks. LoL

So the rub isn't the ability to share, it's the willingness to implement something new or different.

To be fair, when it was discussed last it would have been up to one man to get the track from whomever made it, share it and download it to the accounts, then share it on those accounts. Dude's busy enough as it is.

Custom tracks also come with an inherent advantage for one particular driver – he who made/chose it.

With the various discussions on broadening the options for racing, it would seem relevant to revisit it.

"Things would be different if I were king... "

(Opposition heads in baskets, fiefdom, serfs, noblesse oblige, taxes, etc - and I have no desire to be the big cheese!)

Before chastising me as a bad "king" or "big cheese", perhaps a more productive option would be to pick up on where I left this conversation the last time it was discussed.

Nobody replied to that post, so I figured nobody had any thoughts on the matter. I always feel it's better to offer solutions to a problem rather than just complain about the problem. (Sorry, maybe the bloodbath of an election season that just ended has me sour on this type of stuff). That being said, here are some thoughts and possible solutions (just to get the conversation started):

What about allowing the ability to pick custom tracks to only those who who accomplish a somewhat difficult feat? For example, if a driver wins Prize A or Prize B (or a combination of both) in one season, then they could then be allowed to create a custom track that could then be added to the list of eligible tracks that can be selected. Then, if they win Prize A (or Prize B) again in that same season, they would be allowed to actually pick the track that they've already created (and was already added to the divisional accounts in advance).

This would allow said custom track to be added to the divisional lounged weeks or even months before it is actually selected. That fact alone would alleviate the problem of me having to race to get a randomly and hastily created tracked uploaded to each division in time for the practice races on Wednesday night.

Or what about letting the D1 champion from a given season be allowed to create a customer track?

Or what about letting the driver with the most "best racecraft" votes get to create a custom track?

Again, as I previously stated, I'm not against custom tracks. I'm just against having to implement it last minute. I can tell you right now that getting everyone to install a new custom track on such short notice is not going to result in a good outcome.

However, if we slowly add custom tracks to the "list", then drivers would have plenty of time and to download the track. More importantly, we'd have more time to properly notify everyone that this track may be chosen so it'd be a good idea to download it asap "just in case". Thoughts?

We could also have a track night to pick the best 3 tracks and add them to a list of available choices. Make it an event. Everyone could bring their favorite track and the guys could vote on their choice.

I vote we try to use them. What about allowing each monthly divisional winner create a custom track? they could then be shared and chosen by winners the following month.

Gamble, Tez, Iroqouis and I ran a custom toscana track last night in a variety of Evos and Stis and I had a blast. My wagon was bringing up the rear but it was fun being on a unique track I did not have memorized.

I vote we try to use them. What about allowing each monthly divisional winner create a custom track? they could then be shared and chosen by winners the following month.

Gamble, Tez, Iroqouis and I ran a custom toscana track last night in a variety of Evos and Stis and I had a blast. My wagon was bringing up the rear but it was fun being on a unique track I did not have memorized.

I agree with this, as long as the winner has the 5 division directors as a friend, they could get the tracks

Back