◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
I have a question about low boost. I've only done a few boost races. And it was fantastic fun. I could keep up with some really great drivers.

If you did low boost with full damage, would that balance things out a bit? The idea in my mind is, it would keep the crowd closer together, but keep people from doing stupid things because they know they can just catch back up.

My wonder is... would the boost be so powerful that it doesn't matter if you pit (or drive with damage), you'll still catch up.

That is interesting, but it will compare drivers at their best. Last night, I had a problem with not messing up. I would be faster than the driver infront of me (which doesn't happen often), I would catch up to him, and then just wreck and watch them run away. :/

So... maybe capture not only lap time, but capture total race time, too. Mind you, there are other factors that will affect the total race time, like getting caught up in someone else's wreck, or just being caught in traffic. There are, too, other factors to affect fastest lap, like drafting or traffic.

From my experience with low boost, it would keep you running with the pack if you had some light damage, otherwise no, after a couple of light red tires, low boost wont help in that regard.

We have been asked to look at penalties this week and some involve potential prize winners. The results will not be final until tomorrow night.

I guess Cat and Mouse ended early. Bummer.

Well, it was a good idea but it ended up being just me, Rally, and Goat so we just screwed around on some custom tracks. Not much of a Cat and Mouse with only 3 people...

We used to be able to get good Cat & Mouse crowd just by mentioning it, but that's just not the case any more. I feel like the best way to ensure a good C&M session is to put it on the calendar well in advance so that everyone can carve out room on their schedules if they want to. Another thing that will help would be to limit the number of times it's on the calendar as well. That way, it'd be more of a "special" event.

On that note, there have been several ideas thrown out for Monday nights, but none of them have really stuck as of late. What if we designated Monday as a "wildcard" night where different themes are put on a rotation. Perhaps something like this:I think a rotation like this would keep things fresh and enable us to concentrate the participation and interest in these "unique" formats into one night a month. In other words, instead of barely getting enough participation during multiple attempts throughout the month, simply focus all the advertising and preparation into that one night in order to maximize the participation. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited:
What's going on Nick? Yeah I ran into the other Nick online and he told me about it. I think I'll be seeing you guys next week dude.

Not much man, just been super busy! I know I had posted it in on our final 32 page on facebook awhile back when I found out about it. You'll definitely enjoy it! A lot like the GT Academy practice races we were running. One of those "anyone can win" sort of things and it's all super close and pretty clean racing.

It seems to have an error in the results file.

Can you look at 2012.11 D3 section. It has a miscalculation on Points Total and Trophies Count. At the end I should be in 3rd place.

In fact, it looks that is the experimental formula eliminating the worst week of each driver.

Is it still experimental or it becomes official? Hope not.

Thanks to look at.

So...if we picked a day for the SNAIL related standard car spec series that I mentioned, what would be a good day?

After doing some thinking I think we could open the car selecting up to ANY car. So Premium, Standard and DLC.

No boost. But I am thinking we could run two divisions....but since participation will probably be less than 16 to start I say we run everyone at the same time but they would technically only be competing within their own division as far as prize selection is concerned.

Div 1 would be current SNAIL D1 and D2. Div 2 would be current Snail D3-5.

Top points getter for the night within their division would win prize A. Second highest would get prize B. And no one can win a particular prize more than once a month. This should give several people a good chance at picking new combos.

Thoughts so far?

Last edited:
In fact, it looks that is the experimental formula eliminating the worst week of each driver.

Is it still experimental or it becomes official? Hope not.

Eliminating the worst week (provided the driver drove all weeks) was never experimental and has, in fact, been in place since the beginning of the month-long seasons (August). This helps to allow people who need a day off to take one while simultaneously rewarding those who race every week, because they can eliminate their worst score.

So...if we picked a day for the SNAIL related standard car spec series that I mentioned, what would be a good day?

After doing some thinking I think we could open the car selecting up to ANY car. So Premium, Standard and DLC.

No boost. But I am thinking we could run two divisions....but since participation will probably be less than 16 to start I say we run everyone at the same time but they would technically only be competing within their own division as far as prize selection is concerned.

Div 1 would be current SNAIL D1 and D2. Div 2 would be current Snail D3-5.

Top points getter for the night within their division would win prize A. Second highest would get prize B. And no one can win a particular prize more than once a month. This should give several people a good chance at picking new combos.

Thoughts so far?

If you open the car selecting to ANY car, it'd be way too similar to Sunday night. I initially thought the idea was intriguing because it offered something different (an opportunity to drive standard cars in S.N.A.I.L.'s 'spec' format), but if the only difference is that we'd be split into two rooms instead of five, then it wouldn't be any different than what we do on Wednesday nights.

I'd prefer to keep each event on our schedule unique in order to maximize the variety of events and gives SNAILs something "different" each night. Right now, the only somewhat similar formats we have are the Friday and Saturday events. Namely, that they both feature endurance races (however they are usually running completely different types of cars).

That being said, I know Friday's attendance has been hit and miss lately and it's probably the most casual or our series anyways. What if you were to rotate with that event every other week? Kinda like what I suggested for the Monday night formats a few posts up, but the Friday nights could just alternate each week and not be dependent on which Friday of the month it was.

In fact, I think it makes perfect sense to coordinate it so that the "standard cars" event would happen on the Friday that follows each OCD refresh. Since the OCD refreshes every two weeks, the timing couldn't be any better IMO. 👍

If you open the car selecting to ANY car, it'd be way too similar to Sunday night. I initially thought the idea was intriguing because it offered something different (an opportunity to drive standard cars in S.N.A.I.L.'s 'spec' format), but if the only difference is that we'd be split into two rooms instead of five, then it wouldn't be any different than what we do on Wednesday nights.

I'd prefer to keep each event on our schedule unique in order to maximize the variety of events and gives SNAILs something "different" each night. Right now, the only somewhat similar formats we have are the Friday and Saturday events. Namely, that they both feature endurance races (however they are usually running completely different types of cars).

That being said, I know Friday's attendance has been hit and miss lately and it's probably the most casual or our series anyways. What if you were to rotate with that event every other week? Kinda like what I suggested for the Monday night formats a few posts up, but the Friday nights could just alternate each week and not be dependent on which Friday of the month it was.

In fact, I think it makes perfect sense to coordinate it so that the "standard cars" event would happen on the Friday that follows each OCD refresh. Since the OCD refreshes every two weeks, the timing couldn't be any better IMO. 👍

If you want Friday, do it every Friday. I think you'll get even less attendance with the rotating schedule. I would rather run my endurance series on a weekday, but that has been routinely shot down.

It IS an opportunity to drive standard cars in snail spec format. I was thinking we could include every car but if we only want "Standards" then that is fine. But I see alot of people asking for DLC as well. And then I think there shouldn't be an issue including all cars at that point. The format is all snail...only one fewer venue and longer races.

It would all start in the same room. Not separate rooms. If the attendance gets big then we would obviously need to split the rooms into their own divisions.

We need more than one division so that it doesn't get discouraging if someone who might normally run in sunday d4 ends up lining up against a gt acad finalist.

AND two divisions help in determining who gets prize A and B to vote one combo off completely and the other car or track off. Remember there are only two combos not three...and longer races.

The best reason to keep it similar to sunday snail is because it is the most successful format. So I'm thinking the two venues and longer races and standard cars.

Last edited:
If you want Friday, do it every Friday. I think you'll get even less attendance with the rotating schedule. I would rather run my endurance series on a weekday, but that has been routinely shot down.

But it is run on a weekday. Or are you counting Friday as part of the weekend?

If so, which night would you prefer to run it on?

I would say to do it on Monday or Tuesday.

Both would be an alternate to an event that's already going on there, but they're both obviously different from them.

Monday's event would be the clean option for those who don't want to get into the Mayhem.

Tuesday's event would be for those who can't commit to STATS.

Alternately, Monday could be cat and mouse night or what have you. It seems like that would fit the weekend atmosphere better.

If none of that works then I'm guessing we have too many events compared to the number of participants.

Last edited:
Apmaddock
I would say to do it on Monday or Tuesday.

Both would be an alternate to an event that's already going on there, but they're both obviously different from them.

Monday's event would be the clean option for those who don't want to get into the Mayhem.

Tuesday's event would be for those who can't commit to SPEC.

Alternately, Monday could be cat and mouse night or what have you. It seems like that would fit the weekend atmosphere better.

If none of that works then I'm guessing we have too many events compared to the number of participants.

Tuesday is the night for STATS. We just decided on the cars for next season which are GT300 cars. We will be holding some non points races for fun in December since Christmas and new years fall on a Tuesday and starting the next season in January.

Yes, Friday night is part of the weekend.

Okay, which night did you want to run your series on instead?

Definitely not a rotating schedule. I'm thinking pick a night and a time and do it regularly.

Same question. Which night?

EDIT: Didn't see Ap's and hill's posts until just now, but the question remains the same.

I also think it would be advantageous to have a complaint system in place as well. I know that helps add to the legitimacy of the series. Basically using the same procedure as sunday snail.

Noone likes to be punted without some sort of penalty levied.

That's the thing...just putting feelers out on the actual night. I would rather do it when people actually want it.

Looks like Monday might be best so far.

I would like to toss a car idea out there for people that win prizes.

Lotus Espirit V8. Car sounds great. I drifted it last night and was awesome control. Assume it would race nicely on some decent tires.

This car is a classic super car from my youth. Love to see it get picked sometime.

Thanks and have a good day all.

Edit : GT300 in STAT sounds like a blast

Division 1 Rule change proposal:

Last week I had an issue where a car lost control. I was on exit throttle as this car lost control. I went wide as the car about spun. He over counter steered and drove into me which now was outside this driver. The wrecking driver smacked my door and pushed me off course some. The game decided to penalize me for this. So I do nothing wrong. Get smacked off track and now go from 3rd to last with a huge gap. Spent the rest of the race trying to catch the pack.

The penalty system in D1 is more hinderance to innocent drivers then it does to regulate offending drivers.

I'm thinking if a drivers has the race craft and speed to run in SNAIL's premier division. Then this division should run no penalties. This would eliminate some serious screwing going on in D1. The drivers rarely if ever get penalized for their actually driving. It's silly crap like my problem that penalties happen in D1. Seen a car spin and back guy with no place to go bumps the front car and back car is penalized. It's like oh come on. You can be on brakes and still be penalized for another's mistake.

So please consider removing penalties in D1. As this would be another reward for hard work an practice earning you a spot in D1.

As well with the new multiplier points this shouldn't be advantageous in the prize selection. IMO.

Ignore this if this has discussed. I typed fast as time is minimal for this post. I'll check grammar later. LoL

Division 1 Rule change proposal:

Last week I had an issue where a car lost control. I was on exit throttle as this car lost control. I went wide as the car about spun. He over counter steered and drove into me which now was outside this driver. The wrecking driver smacked my door and pushed me off course some. The game decided to penalize me for this. So I do nothing wrong. Get smacked off track and now go from 3rd to last with a huge gap. Spent the rest of the race trying to catch the pack.

The penalty system in D1 is more hinderance to innocent drivers then it does to regulate offending drivers.

I'm thinking if a drivers has the race craft and speed to run in SNAIL's premier division. Then this division should run no penalties. This would eliminate some serious screwing going on in D1. The drivers rarely if ever get penalized for their actually driving. It's silly crap like my problem that penalties happen in D1. Seen a car spin and back guy with no place to go bumps the front car and back car is penalized. It's like oh come on. You can be on brakes and still be penalized for another's mistake.

So please consider removing penalties in D1. As this would be another reward for hard work an practice earning you a spot in D1.

As well with the new multiplier points this shouldn't be advantageous in the prize selection. IMO.

Ignore this if this has discussed. I typed fast as time is minimal for this post. I'll check grammar later. LoL

We should talk about this for all divisions and rely on the out of bounds/corner cutting penalty system. Would make racing more realistic too. Cars don't ghost in real life.

Latest Posts

Back