◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,569 comments
  • 21,713,586 views
July 14, 2013 lineup:

ROUND ONE
Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car (Racing Hard tires)
AVAILABLE IN OCD
@Tokyo R246 / Reverse (6 laps)

AltezzaTC_R246_R_zps99ea29f9.jpg



ROUND TWO
Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (Sports Soft tires)
@Grand Valley East (9 laps)

380RS_GVE_zpsaac88152.jpg



ROUND THREE
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car (Racing Medium tires)
AVAILABLE IN OCD
@Fuji Speedway GT (7 laps)

CamaroLM_fujiGT_zps64f513b4.jpg

​
 
Last edited:
Hey Data Heads :lol:

I've added a new grid to the monthly tab of the S.N.A.I.L. Results Doc.

It shows each Divisions :

Fast and Slow Lap Times
The difference between a Divisions Fast and Slow Lap Times
The difference between adjacent Divisions Fast Lap Times (eg. D2 compared to D3)
The difference between adjacent Divisions Slow Lap Times (eg. D2 compared to D3)
The difference between adjacent Divisions Slow Lap and Fast Lap Times (eg. D2's Slow Time compared to D3's Fast Time)

There's been a little talk lately about which Division people are in. I'm just trying to illustrate that we do have overlap in our Division's, always have had. But the overlap is really not very large. In fact you can take just about anyone and place them one Division lower or higher and they'd have some good races.

Couple that with people having S.N.A.I.L. moments, they all of a sudden figure out how to drive faster, and it makes for a closely matched league.

Let me know if you have any questions about the new info 👍

Cheers
 
I might only be able to make it to one race on sunday, the Nismo 380. I've been super busy this week, haven't had time to grind for money, and break in. Sorry guys!

the cars from the ocd dont need breaking in

This is true, I just checked with models fresh from the dealership and models with miles. The oil change PP for both fresh cars matched the cars that have more than 200 miles.
 
Thursday Night Thunder at the Ring

Room Closed:
1472-6118-3658-4760-0064
 
Last edited:


Sorry for the delay been a busy week.
 
jmoneykillaz
any rooms tonight, wasn't added by zer05ive yet...

Look a couple posts back. Owens is running a public room.
 
Not that it means alot, but

GTA Update 2:19.914 (279th)

I was running 2:26 when GTA came out.
 
martin20az
plenty of time left to shave some more time off

coming from the guy in the top 15. you guys are fast. if i could fig out how to get the rocketship exit speed of ti-tech85 id be good.
 
Oooh I haven't touched GTA in a week, was up to 2:20.2 I think, I need to watch some replays to break into the teens, there are some ungodly times up there, but that car is so much fun to drive, you can really tell they have updated the tire model, sports hard taking corners at blazing speeds and just a slight hint of fear, try that in tuned 370 in gt5 and see how it goes.
 
Well I finally got a day in on GTA and shaved 4 tenths off my best so far. I got down to an 2:18.444. Was on an even faster lap but messed up a few turns. I think with a day or 2 more I'll be in the 17s. It's crazy how fast the top guys are doing the first sector. So far the best I've done is a 37.9. Can't imagine where they have .4 in that sector. Good luck to the rest of the SNAILs going for it this year.
 
So I've been thinking on GT6 this morning and can't wait to drive this car!
1960-plymouth-xnr-ghia-roadster_100360214_l.jpg

RIGHT!!!
 
coming from the guy in the top 15. you guys are fast. if i could fig out how to get the rocketship exit speed of ti-tech85 id be good.

Study Tidgneys Tutorial On YouTube. I Went From A 19.3 To An 18.8 After Watching And Slightly Altering Technique On Just The First Two Sectors. I Was Chasing Martin's Old 18.3 Ghost And Came Out .1 Ahead In The First Sector. Im Pretty Sure I Can Get 17.9
 
Can Someone Tell Me Whats The Top Times For The Combos This Week? So I Can Work On The Combos, Haven't Had Time To Run Them :indiff:
 
7 laps for the Camaro LM @ Fuji GT (1:31.100 fast lap) in draft 1:29-1:30's are likely. "Race Mediums"

6 laps for Altezza TC @ Tokyo R (1:47.734 fast lap) in draft 1:44-1:45's are likely. "Race Hards"

Both great driving cars with lots of grip. Looking forward to some great racing.

Something like this, Mopar440?

The other combo will be in the Data link (kcheeb).
 
Going camping this weekend, so unfortunately I won't be in D2 for Sunday. Good luck to you all!
 
Wasn't too confident about this Camaro at first but now that I learned the track better im at around 1:31.3, now just have to learn to control the oversteer more. Also got around 1:46.2 with the Altezza on Tokyo.
 
Planning to hold practice later tonight it there is enough interest . please let me Know
 
Not looking for practice? Join me tonight in some cat and mouse and/or touge.
 
More details to follow, but I'm guessing around 10 edt in d3.
 
Handlebar
Something like this, Mopar440?

The other combo will be in the Data link (kcheeb).

Ya!! That works great thanks man
 
Will make it this Sunday for the races, see you snail's on Sunday! 👍
 
Funday Friday!​
Taking place in D3 @ 10EDT

The objective: Get as many people as we can (at least 4, best with 6 or more) to play a riveting game of Cat and Mouse!
However, during the time that we are waiting (if we are waiting) for enough participants, or if the current participants would rather, we shall be partaking in the Touge!
 
Back