◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,744,856 views
I can do this tonight if you need more... same track and car combination?

Nope, the link is to a Google Doc that has all the instructions 👍
 
To those wondering about breaking in cars. It still needs to be done. As the pp will drop until around 196 miles. You will have to do oil change again an then it will stay the same till a oil change is needed again.
 
To those wondering about breaking in cars. It still needs to be done. As the pp will drop until around 196 miles. You will have to do oil change again an then it will stay the same till a oil change is needed again.

But the hp and pp stay the same as post buy, oil change, right?

If so, no break in. Just maintenance.
 
But the hp and pp stay the same as post buy, oil change, right?

If so, no break in. Just maintenance.

I'll test today the rate of power loss over 30 minute session.
 
To those wondering about breaking in cars. It still needs to be done. As the pp will drop until around 196 miles. You will have to do oil change again an then it will stay the same till a oil change is needed again.

Something worth testing but I don't know. Back in GT5 if you drive a car around 30-40 miles the power increases whereas in GT6 I've driven cars way past that and haven't seen a single horsepower gain. Same for the PP of a car. I haven't tested much but Im doing it a lot more as I have a secret project that I am doing. ;)
 
Do you guys do any events on weeknights from around 8pm - 11pm pacific time?
 
We had very different results from Sunday practice. Even when set to Heavy Penalties, very few shortcut penalties were given.

As did we. However, the question was whether you got a time penalty added at the end of the race or if you got artificially slowed down during the race like GT5.
 
... just wanted to get a general feedback on GT6 from everyone; are you guys happy / satisfied with the game so far?
 
But the hp and pp stay the same as post buy, oil change, right?

If so, no break in. Just maintenance.

Correct. Its just maintenance. But the downfall in performance is drastic until about 196mi. Then it doesnt seem to fall as quickly
 
... just wanted to get a general feedback on GT6 from everyone; are you guys happy / satisfied with the game so far?
So far it is ok. I'll get back to ya when we finally start getting some content, like the track creator.
 
... just wanted to get a general feedback on GT6 from everyone; are you guys happy / satisfied with the game so far?

Lots of really irritating things that are interface and content related. Once you are on the track and driving...it's really great.
 
Do you guys do any events on weeknights from around 8pm - 11pm pacific time?
We are trying to find people that race later. Send a friend request to jobyone71 for now. If you have ideas about what you would like to do let me know. I tend to be able to race around 9-11.
 
Time trial submitted for future reference....I'll still be just doing Mondays for now however :)

Not specifically at that time, but I know a couple of people that would like to get at least one going ;)

Right @jobyone and @tezgm99

And possibly zer0.
 
Thanks guys. I will add jobyone71

I normally do spec racing or lower pp Sport Hard races.
I do a ton of shuffling but it is gone =(
 
Thanks guys. I will add jobyone71

I normally do spec racing or lower pp Sport Hard races.
I do a ton of shuffling but it is gone =(
I can join in the late games on Fridays / Saturdays... you can add me as well; I also like shuffling / D shuffling.
 
I'll test today the rate of power loss over 30 minute session.

Tested using a '14 Vette which did have full power after an oil change. Ran 3 races online, each about 10 minutes in duration, and there was no HP loss when checked. Only thing that looks unusual is that the mileage in the garage (60miles) didn't match the mileage on the odometer (96 miles).

Therefore, to me, it looks like we do not have to break in cars for Sunday races and the cars will also be at full power towards the end of the reverse grid race- in case someone was worried like I was.
 
Hey guys, how long do you think it will take for the track creator to be released? I've searched for a while but i found no news on the subject. :/
 
Last edited:
I am trying to get back on the grid on GT6. What do I need to do?
 
@Dragonwhisky, unless they are premium they can't see the actual thread or pictures can they?
 
@Dragonwhisky, unless they are premium they can't see the actual thread or pictures can they?

Not sure. That would be why I actually included the quoted post. The youtube video, at least, should be viewable.

Would someone who is not a premium member let us know if you can view the pictures and posts?

Thanks.
 
Video works! I was wondering where that was! 👍
 
Tested using a '14 Vette which did have full power after an oil change. Ran 3 races online, each about 10 minutes in duration, and there was no HP loss when checked. Only thing that looks unusual is that the mileage in the garage (60miles) didn't match the mileage on the odometer (96 miles).

Therefore, to me, it looks like we do not have to break in cars for Sunday races and the cars will also be at full power towards the end of the reverse grid race- in case someone was worried like I was.

I only notice power loss after about 140miles. Did a race on SSRX that was 9 laps long. Notice the car I was using was over 100hp down from peak.
 
Back