◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,575 comments
  • 21,758,102 views
I saw a question a few or more pages of posts ago about the rocket car we will be driving this Sunday and if it could be obtained without paying for it. It might have been answered already but I've been following this thread for several weeks now and, for those that didn't "bank cars", is a worthy resource to help you decide what not to buy.
 
Whats going on in the race guys? I had to step away to work on a project and I want to know how its going for our GTA Champ. :)
 
The option is there but I am not in the list. I assume it is because I am not active in any of the listed divisions:(

This oversight has been corrected.
 
They are still in first DA. 8 laps up
 
I was practicing last night with the Rocket using the stock SH tires. Lots of fun at Brands Hatch. Since the track is new to me I loaded it up in practice mode first using the short track, then the longer track. It's a very challenging track with lots of blind corners and opportunities to improve times with trail braking. Of course now I've got to go and practice again with SS tires. I'm guessing there will be a lot less throttle oversteer (which I was starting to enjoy).
 
where did you get that number DGAF?
Ahh, last lap? He just hit a 2.16.689
 
From the LIVE timing who's supposed to be keeping track of his fastest lap smh
 
He just hit 2:15.586! He is getting better times than some of the A6 and 997 cars!
 
Must have slowed him down. currently he is running consistent around the 2:17-18 mark. MAybe saving tires and gas...
 
I'd say, 126 is about 5 seconds a lap faster. That sucks. damn politics don't belong in racing!
 
Picture time.
11875345356_9671b44868_h.jpg

11875346486_6d81ed948d_h.jpg
Anyone else notice how the lights rise up on the Rocket when they come on?
 
Fastest lap for nick is a 2:11.963. It was made in the daylight in the first stint.
 
Haha, I wonder if we can email those announcers and get them to start calling him gumball!
 
Anyone else notice how the lights rise up on the Rocket when they come on?

Try the hood view and click your lights. LoL
 
Current Buttkicker standings update:

@AG07WRXTR is leading the pack.

I assume the slowed nick down at night to avoid a catastrophe. Especially at night. Looks like we wont see a fast lap from Nick until daylight. Nick is back up to a 17 lap lead in SP2. Come on Gumball. .
 
Nick set a 2:17.398
Now he's down to 2:16.689
Now he's on 2:15.586
He just hit 2:15.586! He is getting better times than some of the A6 and 997 cars!
C'MON 86!

Edit: I missed that he hit a 2:11.xxx early on. I doubt he'll beat that time for the rest of the race... they have such a big lead no need to really push too hard.
 
Oh no!! The Mosler is being towed back. :(

It is great to see that #123 and Nick are doing great, all we need now is for one of the SLS's to get back up front and I'll be happy.
 
Oh no!! The Mosler is being towed back. :(

It is great to see that #123 and Nick are doing great, all we need now is for one of the SLS's to get back up front and I'll be happy.
I'll be happy to see the Aussie V8 racing '06 era corvette win. It is the underdog. Less power with older tech.
 
Thanks for tonight guys, enjoyed it. Although I'm still unsure about signing up, is sporadic entry frowned upon. Its just that I can't commit to every Sunday, but would be able to do some races throughout the week as well :)
@Holty,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
 
I'll be happy to see the Aussie V8 racing '06 era corvette win. It is the underdog. Less power with older tech.

That would be incredible to see the Vette win!

Also I was surprised that only 1 Audi R8 entered, and its not one of the LMS Ultras.
 
I practiced with some snails tonight and would like to join the fun. I'm in the Pacific Standard Time Zone. Interested in all three events.

9pm slot strongly preferred.

PSN: LuckyFellaJr
GTPlanet: RunN1st
Real name: Manny
@RunN1st,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
 
Alright fella's, I'll have to pick this up a little later, work is over, time to go home, and do more work...
 
#123 has a 25 lap lead over 2nd in SP2. Looks like there leaving Gumball in for a long stint.
 
Back