◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,743,529 views
My family had a habit of going down the wrong technology path, we had a Betamax player too ;)

Hehe. I think I still have my Arari Jaguar CD system around somewhere.

Ha! I just found it! I wonder if it actually works...
 
Last edited:
Hehe. I think I still have my Arari Jaguar CD system around somewhere.

Ha! I just found it! I wonder if it actually works...

Oh man, I wish I still had any of my old consoles. Atari 2600 (woodgrain, super classy), Atari 7800, Genesis w/ 32X, PSOne. Would be fun for some old-school gaming. Emulators on the PC just aren't the same. Alas they were long ago lost to yard sales or my parents' donation to goodwill.

How's this for obscure consoles - my buddy across the street had a TubroGrafix 16. Not a lot of games available, but that thing was pretty sweet.
 
I'm going garage sale hunting one day, see if I can find some old systems.
 
I had a turbograffix as well. Not sure what happened that though.
 
Ya'll are bringing back some good memories with these games........

Jet_Moto_Coverart.png
 
How about the Odyessey 2 by Magnavox. My grandparents decided that it would make a good Christmas gift one year for me and each of my cousins. We played the heck out of those things. We had most of the games made for it and the voice attachment to go with it. The fact that it wouldn't give up is what kept my parents for seeing my need for an Atari so I always had to play at a friends house if I wanted the more popular system.
 
Just a little PSA. If you are the host of a room, leave the lobby before going AFK. Don't leave everyone hanging while you take a leak, get some drink and pet the dog. Its bad form.
 
Anybody remember these? Ahhh... Pack5 cd rom games...
4x4-evolution-jaquette-ME0000012901_2.jpg
motocross-mania-jaquette-ME0000012908_2.jpg


And of course NFS Porsche Unleased was my childhood, had it for the PS1 and PC




But what started it all and kindled my love for the GT/DP categories
Z0056267.jpg
 
I have a Sega Genesis system still in the original box in my closet from back in the day. It came with Echo the Dolphin.
Not sure why I never used it but I still got it.
 
The first videogame I ever played in my life... At 14:

pong.png



But then I spent most of the 80's and 90's playing this videogame:

jeremy-davis-and-playing-bass-guitar-gallery.jpg
I love the tape holding the jack in. What's with the pick?
 
My two remembered favorites from Nintendo. Super Off Road and the infamous Duck Hunter!

th
th

Seeing as you posted a pic of Duck Hunter I had to post this.
Last winter, out behind house, campfire, beer, jeep, long extension cord, nintendo, old tv and Duck Hunter. Sorry for the poor quality, but under the circumstances......

duck hunter.jpg
 
Seeing as you posted a pic of Duck Hunter I had to post this.
Last winter, out behind house, campfire, beer, jeep, long extension cord, nintendo, old tv and Duck Hunter. Sorry for the poor quality, but under the circumstances......

View attachment 272035
Oh I so want to come to one of your parties Steve! That's awesome!
 
I had the full stack. The Genesis, 32x and Sega CD. Played the Sega CD so much that the drawer broke and I ended up fashoning my own box for it so I could get CDs in and out. Played a lot of night trap and star wars rebel assault. Of all the old systems I had, I probably miss that combo the most. Though, I do miss colony wars and wing commander for the PlayStation.

HELL YES - Colony Wars: Vengeance was my jam, missed out on Sega CD, but did have a friend with one - played lots of Sewer Shark and Cliffhanger haha...

Ya'll are bringing back some good memories with these games........

Jet_Moto_Coverart.png

Hell yes to this too! I played Jet Moto 2 'till the CD had laser burns in it.

Also, I still ALWAYS have a current game of Symphony of the Night going on at least one of my Playstations:

Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg


B2R-PndCcAAZoJ4.jpg:large


(not pictured: PSvita)
 
Anyone remember Time Crisis 3 on Playstation 2 with the light guns? I loved that, and House of the Dead 2 on Dreamcast. Beat the whole game in an afternoon trying to get all the secrets

Pretty sure I played house of the dead at my cousins house on dreamcast. I also watched some guy put about £10 into it at the arcade. When he had finally died and left I stuck a pound in and continued from where he was. Worst use of a pound ever. Died straight away.

EDIT-

Suikoden_packaging01.jpg 2us.jpg


These were two games I played heavily. Not met anyone else that has even heard of them. Absolute classics. Music is wonderful as well.
 
Last edited:
This was the game that started my obsession. I bought a cheap wheel for it. The wheel had no FFB and was impossible to secure & make comfortable on a coffee table. I thought, "what's someone supposed to do, spend $300 on a FFB wheel then build an entire structure to simulate a natural sitting position?"

images
 
Anybody remember these? Ahhh... Pack5 cd rom games...
And of course NFS Porsche Unleased was my childhood, had it for the PS1 and PC

But what started it all and kindled my love for the GT/DP categories

Oh more games are coming back to me! I loved the first Colin McRae Rally, played lots of Motocross Madness 2, and did anyone play Motor City Online? Was a great MMO racing game for the short time it was online!
 
Last edited:
Actually I liked the sequel much better, I remember now. Even like 20 years since I last played the game, I still remember those songs :lol:

 
oh **** I ran with the upper guys in blue room I hope that's cool sorry :\
 
Anyone remember this?


One of the first video games I ever played! My older brother used to play the crap out of that game. I had all but forgotten about that one.
 
Back