◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,730,861 views
Do the seasonal events to get a few starter cars. Then do the minimum number of events needed to move onto the next license level. You could probably get back online within a few hours of playing. Now if you need money, do the redbull standard car championship. Without bonus its about 1.25 Million credits every 20 minutes. To make it easy turn on skid force recovery and change your tires to racing soft (the ai will still use racing hards).

Oh and remember the goodwood events that give cars
I'm curious why the current saved data wouldn't sync with the new downloaded game...
 
From the two laps that I ran to take pictures, the car still likes to slide... especially in some less desirable places. You have to be aware that mid corner bumps and abnormalities in the pavement can quite easily ruin your day. Backing off and making sure at least 3 tires are on the ground is the key here. Brings up the old saying 'In order to finish first, first you must finish.' Here are the pictures;
Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg



Also, Cat and Mouse was a hoot yesterday!
Eiger Nordwand - K Trail.jpg

90% sure @Die_Birdy_Die fell off the mountain :lol:
Eiger Nordwand - K Trail_1.jpg
 
Our prize B winner has not stepped forward to make a decision so it's up to the rest of the division to figure it out. The first issue to resolve is what will prize B do with the freeze. I need everyone who raced in D6 on Sunday night to vote to keep the freeze or pass the freeze.

We are working on a very short schedule so this voting will only be open for 90 minutes which means that voting will close at 3:20 Eastern time. If you didn't race in D6, don't vote. If there are no votes or voting ends in a tie, I will flip a coin to make the decision.

@Hellbringer69 @DCschwinn @STEAMER62 @pubason @D1_Driver_83 @brianwilson20 @Ron Williams @cliff eden

If at any time during the 90 minutes @WraithQueen makes her choice, it will count and we can move on.
 
Last edited:
Our prize B winner has not stepped forward to make a decision so it's up to the rest of the division to figure it out. The first issue to resolve is what will prize B do with the freeze. I need everyone who raced in D6 on Sunday night to vote to keep the freeze or pass the freeze.

We are working on a very short schedule so this voting will only be open for 90 minutes which means that voting will close at 3:20 Eastern time. If you didn't race in D6, don't vote. If there are no votes or voting ends in a tie, I will flip a coin to make the decision.

@Hellbringer69 @DCschwinn @STEAMER62 @pubason @D1_Driver_83 @brianwilson20 @Ron Williams @cliff eden

If at any time during the 90 minutes @WraithQueen make her choice, it will count and we can move on.


is there anyone from d6 that can message wraithqueen8 on psn now?? that is how i usually communicate with her

cliffE
 
is there anyone from d6 that can message wraithqueen8 on psn now?? that is how i usually communicate with her

cliffE
done 20' ago @pubason, she was on PS3 2 hours ago, hope she'll read my message
:cheers:
 
The car itself is really good so it should be okay. Ask that computer tech to hemp keep it planted and what not
That doesn't necessarily matter. The ford gt and Ferrari Enzo are both great cars on SS but terrible (imo) on RH in comparison to how they behave with the SS tires fitted.
I thought to common complaint for most cars and tire compounds was along the lines that RH made some cars too easy and predictable, and the same car on the less grippy SS tires was the harder challenge, but allowed drivers to step out, let the back slide a bit, play with racing lines and angles that were not generally accessible on RH.

That is opposite from becoming a handful.

I may be wrong, it has happened (many times) before. Generally, I thought folks described a car that was great on SS became boring on RH.
In my brief experience I've driven a few cars, usually mr street cars around, but just over 450PP that handle much better and more predictably on SS than on RH, see above for 2 examples. However, that's not to say they aren't ultimately faster in the RH, just more predictable and easier to race with on SS. Ultimately, I'll drive w/e is picked. I only spoke up because I ended up in a similar situation a few months back.
 
Our prize B winner has not stepped forward to make a decision so it's up to the rest of the division to figure it out. The first issue to resolve is what will prize B do with the freeze. I need everyone who raced in D6 on Sunday night to vote to keep the freeze or pass the freeze.

We are working on a very short schedule so this voting will only be open for 90 minutes which means that voting will close at 3:20 Eastern time. If you didn't race in D6, don't vote. If there are no votes or voting ends in a tie, I will flip a coin to make the decision.

@Hellbringer69 @DCschwinn @STEAMER62 @pubason @D1_Driver_83 @brianwilson20 @Ron Williams @cliff eden

If at any time during the 90 minutes @WraithQueen make her choice, it will count and we can move on.
I vote to pass the freeze
 
Last edited:
That only counts as one vote for pubason. If cliffe wants to vote, he needs to post for himself.



Does this mean keep the freeze or pass the freeze?
edited my post @JLBowler, sorry Sir, missed to be precise lol, anyway let's
:cheers:
 
@WraithQueen , surprise us :cool:, pls nail your choice Lady, you really earned it with your performance last Sunday :bowdown:
👍:cheers:
 
Our prize B winner has not stepped forward to make a decision so it's up to the rest of the division to figure it out. The first issue to resolve is what will prize B do with the freeze. I need everyone who raced in D6 on Sunday night to vote to keep the freeze or pass the freeze.

We are working on a very short schedule so this voting will only be open for 90 minutes which means that voting will close at 3:20 Eastern time. If you didn't race in D6, don't vote. If there are no votes or voting ends in a tie, I will flip a coin to make the decision.

@Hellbringer69 @DCschwinn @STEAMER62 @pubason @D1_Driver_83 @brianwilson20 @Ron Williams @cliff eden

If at any time during the 90 minutes @WraithQueen makes her choice, it will count and we can move on.
It's 3:20PM EST.
 
From the two laps that I ran to take pictures, the car still likes to slide... especially in some less desirable places. You have to be aware that mid corner bumps and abnormalities in the pavement can quite easily ruin your day. Backing off and making sure at least 3 tires are on the ground is the key here. Brings up the old saying 'In order to finish first, first you must finish.' Here are the pictures;View attachment 416172 View attachment 416173


Also, Cat and Mouse was a hoot yesterday!
View attachment 416174
90% sure @Die_Birdy_Die fell off the mountain :lol:
View attachment 416175
No there was this evil guy in a yellow car who kept PUSHING ME down THE HILL! (@WIDEeyedDRIVR ) lookin at you!
 
Deadline has passed.

@socalnatv The freeze is yours. Please make your selection quickly. You have 90 minutes and then it will go to a coin flip as there is still one round of nomination and voting to complete.

You are on the clock and have until 5:00 ET.

I am going to go vacuum my pool.
 
Unfortunately even if you think it's better on SS compared to RH it won't change. People felt this way about the Ford GT I believe. What I'm curious about is if you can change your combo pick or it's set in stone now no matter what.


Edit: I'm bringing my cat to the vet and then I"ll be on for a bit to practice.


I could change my combo if a lot of members do not wish to race this combo but it is getting close to practice time to change the combo

Car: McLaren MP4-12C '10
PP: 589
Average Lap Time: 1:23.xxx
(Race Hard Tires)

Track: Trial Mountain Circuit
 
it was really hard getting that 1:23.9xx lol. But I like the combo!!
 
Last edited:
Back