◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,732,475 views
Ok, last video post for me from this past weekend. I took my the data from Harry's LapTimer and overlaid it with my fastest lap from my GoPro Hero4 Black in RaceRender LLC from Lime Rock Park: The Road Racing Center of the East with CHUMPCAR World Series and this is what you get.

 
D4 DATA DELIVERY - Congratulations to @kickenit4evr for the overall win !

and @llNovall winning the D4 Season Championship !

upload_2015-8-26_20-53-17.png


A @MajorBlixem production.

@Dragonwhisky
 
Ok, last video post for me from this past weekend. I took my the data from Harry's LapTimer and overlaid it with my fastest lap from my GoPro Hero4 Black in RaceRender LLC from Lime Rock Park: The Road Racing Center of the East with CHUMPCAR World Series and this is what you get.


looks good. just bought that app. i need to play with it more
 
@STEAMER62

Car or Track

Some say it's best to freeze the car,
Some say track.
From what I've witnessed on the thread
I side with those who favor track.
But if I thought I could make it far,
I think I've seen enough debate of late
To say to freeze the car
That would be great.
 
I choose to freeze the track

:cheers:
Rock on, amigo, rock ... ON.

Ok, last video post for me from this past weekend. I took my the data from Harry's LapTimer and overlaid it with my fastest lap from my GoPro Hero4 Black in RaceRender LLC from Lime Rock Park: The Road Racing Center of the East with CHUMPCAR World Series and this is what you get.



I wanna be like you, oo oo,
be like you oo oo...


WELL done!
 
What will we take to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca? So excited to find out, but remember to call it Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and not just Laguna Seca. I hate to give a guy a dollar at a car expo just for that.
 
If you can, I would definitely get out to Lime Rock for some fast driving. It's a really fun track once you figure it out.

I meant the overlay, integration.

Watkins Glen had several 'clench' moments, and Lime Rock looks more 'clench' than fun - until I get in a car with a cage. THEN... it looks awesome.
 
Is there anyone that can make us a Snail Formula Racing banner for our new race team?
 
What will we take to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca? So excited to find out, but remember to call it Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and not just Laguna Seca. I hate to give a guy a dollar at a car expo just for that.
To me, I simply call it Laguna!
 
After testing 20 cars or so... The car for Mazda Raceway Laguna seca is:

Jaguar XJ220 '92
Before oil PP- 563 Hp- 515
after oil PP- 571 Hp- 542
Racing hard tires


My laps where in the low 1:26's... I'm guessing mid division lap times will be in the low 1:27's

Word of advice... Treat the cat rough and it will bite you.

:cheers:
 
Last edited:
Oh boy. And me with so little practice time... That is a mean Jag for Laguna. Not sure if the RH are gonna hurt or help though. Being able to slide a little might tame a bit of that bite. But even SS might not give it enough nails to get a good grip either. A lot like the RUF, this car is going to be a fun challenge. Not sure if its the best car for battling it out at Laguna, but a fun challenge none the less.
 
After testing 20 cars or so... The car for Mazda Raceway Laguna seca is:

Jaguar XJ220 '92
Before oil PP- 563 Hp- 542
after oil PP- 571 Hp- 542
Racing hard tires


My laps where in the low 1:26's... I'm guessing mid division lap times will be in the low 1:27's

Word of advice... Treat the cat rough and it will bite you.

:cheers:

I'm not afraid of a challenge, so we'll see how it goes. Can you please check the after oil HP. I think you have a typo.

Laps will be 8
 
Oh, the combos sound so much fun this week... :( I wonder if I can reschedule my move for NEXT weekend? ;)
 
Oh boy. And me with so little practice time... That is a mean Jag for Laguna. Not sure if the RH are gonna hurt or help though. Being able to slide a little might tame a bit of that bite. But even SS might not give it enough nails to get a good grip either. A lot like the RUF, this car is going to be a fun challenge. Not sure if its the best car for battling it out at Laguna, but a fun challenge none the less.
And immediately someone questions the tire choice for a RH car...

I think it's too much car for the track but whatevs. Gonna practice later anyway

Crap I don't have enough credits for the car. Gonna have to grind real quick :(
 
Last edited:
And immediately someone questions the tire choice for a RH car...

I think it's too much car for the track but whatevs. Gonna practice later anyway
Was there a question in there? Pretty sure I said I wasn't sure if it would help or hurt. I don't see me questioning the tire choice at all. there is a huge difference between an observation, which I made, and a question, which was not placed.

Edit. Also, it's not really a choice either. I mean, there is no option there. The car gets what it gets. No choice about it.
 
Technically not a question but it looked silly to me. And yea, either way we race on Sunday so whatevs.
 
I'm curious, and please don't take any offense to this. @DesertPenguin09 do you have gf or any female that you spend a significant amount of time with?
 
Lets not take it to this route. This may get out of hand quite quickly. Focus on what we're here for. Racing. Not social media, not to question peoples personal lives, and certainly not to insinuate things. Log in, turn laps, have fun.
 
Lets not take it to this route. This may get out of hand quite quickly. Focus on what we're here for. Racing. Not social media, not to question peoples personal lives, and certainly not to insinuate things. Log in, turn laps, have fun.
Thank you. I'm not even gonna dignify Blueninja with an answer.
 
Last edited:
Ugh... My PSU in my PC appears to be biting the bullet... So some projects I had on the docket are going to have to take a side seat for a few. The plus though is that the wife approved my upgrade package... So I am getting a new ASUS M5A99FX Pro MOBO, an AMD FX 8350 Black Edition 4 ghz, 8 core processor, an AMD Radeon R9 380 graphics card, oh, and of course a new 850w PSU. Not quite bleeding edge, but I think it will keep me gaming for a few years without the need for any more upgrades. The three hard drives and 16 gigs of RAM will be swapped over. Think I may actually, get a few more HDD's and an SSD and run a few RAID pools.
Anyway, hopefully with this hardware change, my PVR will finally work on my desktop and I can get some solid recordings a lot easier.
 
Back