◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,569 comments
  • 21,706,730 views
Nevermind.
 
PS3 was very slow and I had suffered a drop in Frame rates with 16 people in the 370z @ Grand Valley Speedway/R. I'm giving it a break and try to rejoin for the Ford GT races.
 
As I am also on the west Coast I was wondering if we could get a count of people who would be up for some late practice say starting at 9 or 10 PST. Anyone interested?

Sounds good to me, jobyone :)
 
PS3 was very slow and I had suffered a drop in Frame rates with 16 people in the 370z @ Grand Valley Speedway/R. I'm giving it a break and try to rejoin for the Ford GT races.

The room is full, but send me a PSN message when you want to rejoin. We'll kick a non-SNAIL for you. We're about to start Round 3 right now.
 
I can't even win the vw bus challenge with the wheel, it's gonna be a long weekend hahaha
 
Wicked good time. Lil elbow rubbing here or there but nothing that was race ending. Nor did I see anything with intention. Good group. Love the no tune. But maybe next week I'll practice a lil. Took me late first race to catch a groove in all cars. Flat terrible with FWD. seems I may have figured out how to balance its understeer on throttle by adjusting entry and throttle. The Ford GT was my favorite of the night. V8 with RWD made for wicked fun drive.


Thanks for the invite. I'll be back next week.
 
jobyone
As I am also on the west Coast I was wondering if we could get a count of people who would be up for some late practice say starting at 9 or 10 PST. Anyone interested?

I might be up for some in an hour or so if anyone's up for it.
 
Wicked good time. Lil elbow rubbing here or there but nothing that was race ending. Not did I see anything with intention. Good group. Love the no tune. But maybe next week I'll practice a lil. Took me late first race to catch a groove in all cars. Flat terrible with FWD. seems I may have figured out how to balance its understeer on throttle by adjusting entry and throttle. The Ford GT was my favorite of the night. V8 with RWD made for wicked fun drive.


Thanks for the invite. I'll be back next week.

Yeah I also like the Ford GT best but I love the Nissan too. By the way Wednesday is practice night for Sunday racing in case you didn't know.
 
The Ford GT was my favorite of the night. V8 with RWD made for wicked fun drive.

All credit for that combo goes to WiiFreak. He put in the time to test it and it proved to be an excellent choice. 👍
 
Awesome racing, thanks to all!
 
PS3 was very slow and I had suffered a drop in Frame rates with 16 people in the 370z @ Grand Valley Speedway/R.
Happens to me everytime at all versions of GVS with moderately full grid.

The Ford GT was my favorite of the night. V8 with RWD made for wicked fun drive.
Any chance you're a masochist? ;)
I think it's a bad car to have close clean racing at this track. It's a handful on any course, but here it's way worse. It eats rear tires, and once they are worn, the car takes hundreds of feet more to brake and gets even looser on curbs.
 
Dragonwar233
Yeah I also like the Ford GT best but I love the Nissan too. By the way Wednesday is practice night for Sunday racing in case you didn't know.

Same time on Sundays then?
 
OwensRacing
Wicked good time. Lil elbow rubbing here or there but nothing that was race ending. Nor did I see anything with intention. Good group. Love the no tune. But maybe next week I'll practice a lil. Took me late first race to catch a groove in all cars. Flat terrible with FWD. seems I may have figured out how to balance its understeer on throttle by adjusting entry and throttle. The Ford GT was my favorite of the night. V8 with RWD made for wicked fun drive.

Thanks for the invite. I'll be back next week.

Ford Gt is Mid engine rear wheel drive, AKA "MR"
 
Any chance you're a masochist? ;)
I think it's a bad car to have close clean racing at this track. It's a handful on any course, but here it's way worse. It eats rear tires, and once they are worn, the car takes hundreds of feet more to brake and gets even looser on curbs.

Compared to last week's Ferrari 458 Italia, the GT is on rails and is great on tires!

btw, is your racing tonight any indication that you'll be racing on Sundays again? :)
 
Finally finished breaking in the 3 cars for this Sunday. Gotta say I'm not loving the civic. Painful to drive untuned lol
 
Compared to last week's Ferrari 458 Italia, the GT is on rails and is great on tires!

btw, is your racing tonight any indication that you'll be racing on Sundays again? :)
Depends on whether I'm gonna go to an autox on Sunday. And that depends on my camber bolts making it here before Saturday ;)
 
I would have liked to practice tonight but didn't feel right asking to have a possible future snail kicked. I don't think that reflects well on our league. Glad I didn't, welcome owens.
 
I might be up for some in an hour or so if anyone's up for it.

I'm in, but im learning on the wheel for the first time today so i can't guarantee it will be clean haha
 
any practice room still open?
 
New practice room for Pacific Coast S.N.A.I.L.s

1472-6118-3916-1736-2756
 
missing posts now I am in D1 lounge. I will stay put
 
Room not found.

I still need a FR from D1 if it is in that lounge now.
 
you're all set! :)

Wow that was quick, thank you sir!


edit: D1 not showing up under community tab at the moment, trying to restart the game. Huzzah it works!
 
Last edited:
Back