◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,718,259 views
I do! Although lately she's been a garage queen since working from home these last few years. Let's make this a bit more interesting... Can anyone guess what vehicle this is from?

​
 
Strange event happening in the pits.....

Then go to time stamp 1:28:07 and see how to get from 11th to first in 4 corners.... with some decent help of course.... LOL


Lol this is awesome
 
I do! Although lately she's been a garage queen since working from home these last few years. Let's make this a bit more interesting... Can anyone guess what vehicle this is from?

​
Golf?
 
I do! Although lately she's been a garage queen since working from home these last few years. Let's make this a bit more interesting... Can anyone guess what vehicle this is from?

​
Subaru WRX STI ?
 
With all of the “shifter” talk that has been going on lately, just curious as to how many of you actually drive a MT everyday?

View attachment 784989

My summer car has flappy paddles, does that count? :D

First car I owned had this:

10121.jpg


Couple of oddities to it were, the car beeped at you when you had it in reverse. And if you had a passenger with you, they usually had to move their leg so you could shift into 5th.
 
All my cars have been manual transmission until my present car. I learned how to drive using standard transmission.

as for the above post, i remember my neighbors mustang beeping when in reverse. Not sure of the year of that car.. maybe 85...but i suck at these guessing games...
 
All my cars have been manual transmission until my present car. I learned how to drive using standard transmission.

as for the above post, i remember my neighbors mustang beeping when in reverse. Not sure of the year of that car.. maybe 85...but i suck at these guessing games...
I learned on the old “three on a tree”. Who remembers those?
 
I learned on the old “three on a tree”. Who remembers those?

I remember those well. The shop truck at my first job was a '51 Chevy five window with a three on the tree. Great original truck. I tried to buy it from the old man a couple of years after I worked there but he was not willing to let it go.
 
I remember those well. The shop truck at my first job was a '51 Chevy five window with a three on the tree. Great original truck. I tried to buy it from the old man a couple of years after I worked there but he was not willing to let it go.
Ours was a ‘56 Chevy pickup, Canary Yellow at my uncles Firework Factory in West Salem Ohio.
 
When I was 14 I used to move my Dad's Ford pickup around the driveway/garage. It had a 3 on the tree, and it was a mid 80's! Bet some of you thought they were long gone by then! I learned how to drive manual transmission vehicles long before I was legally allowed to drive.
 
I have actually purchased a real, turn-key, race car for less than that wheel costs. It was only a four banger and I never did race the thing myself (was a purchase for my cousin) but it still cost less than a sim racing wheel. He got two seasons out of it and then sold it for what we had paid for it. Try doing that with that wheel two years after you buy it.

Actually, not unrealistic. Since Fanatec realigned some of their prices I stand to be able to sell my Formula Carbon rim for what I paid and a fair bit less than they retail for now.

Although not the very best equipment on the market, their products are solidly mid-tier with basically no direct competition. They hold their value well ive come to realize.

$1500 is a lot of money but for those serious PS4 sim racers it will undoubtedly be the unchallenged best wheelbase on the market.
 
With all of the “shifter” talk that has been going on lately, just curious as to how many of you actually drive a MT everyday?

View attachment 784989

My Vette is a 6 speed, and the wifes Benz is also a manual. And I've even driven one of these...(they used to call it the "knuckle smasher"



My dad still owns the truck I drove with a 5 n' 4 but sadly it's not running anymore.....someday maybe.
 
Want to participate, but don’t have a Team yet.
 
With all of the “shifter” talk that has been going on lately, just curious as to how many of you actually drive a MT everyday?

View attachment 784989

I've been driving MT for 19 years now. 1990 Celica ST. A stout 1.6L. 1992 3.2L 5 sp Acura legend. That was fun car. Honda Accord 2.2L 5 Sp. Now the manual I own is a 1993 Corrado Vr6. My money pit so to speak.

Did drive a lot of 3 on the trees at my old job. A bunch of 79-80 GMC and chevys. I'll never not own a manual. Keeps me sane. Haha
 
View attachment 785189 View attachment 785190 View attachment 785191 Picture of the motor with short runner intake manifold. Now back to OEM manifold with a Vortech V1 blower on her and me and my brother on our way home driving on the Tail of the Dragon.
Very nice hot rod. My Camaro Club did Tail of the Dragon two years ago. It was the best driving experience I’ve had yet. This coming year we’re planning an outing to Mid-Ohio where we can take our Camaros onto the track and run them under a controlled environment. My wife will be joining us as well, driving her Corvette.
 
. . . And I've even driven one of these...(they used to call it the "knuckle smasher"

My dad still owns the truck I drove with a 5 n' 4 but sadly it's not running anymore.....someday maybe.

Why does he keep messing with the parking brake? :lol:
What system is the pressure gauge monitoring?
 
Back