◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,739,097 views
GREAT NEWS:

10. Multiplayer
 - Qualifying and Grid Start features have been added to Lobby.

They added the « set by host » grid order option too !!!
I assume this means we can go back to using grid starts?
 
That would need to be tested beforehand, but it looks good. I guess the BoD needs to give the OK to do so before switching from rolling starts to grid starts. I sure hope to get back to grid starts ASAP.
 
I can’t find that in the update list.
There you go. Actually a great update, as we are used with modern gaming, games are not complete at launch and slowly becomes better over time...kinda sad that the community is happy with the never heard of feature of selling your cars. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about that selling cars but it speaks to the state that GT7 is in.
 
Last edited:
I don’t care about selling cars. Since I never win cars I don’t have many duplicates. You’d have to be a pretty lucky person to be excited about selling your duplicate cars.

I’d like to sell all the stupid parts and engines I’ve won from tickets.

Hopefully the update allows for reverse grid etc like we had before. That would solve our last real hurdle.
 
Last edited:
At least we can use set by host in the meantime which makes grid starts possible either in the regular race or the reverse race.
 
It set grid manually can be tested and proven to work, it will be implemented for the start of the December season. This will do away with the rolling starts and revert us back to our standard formula for setting race laps.
 
Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, November 27th, 2022 Lineup
November
2022 Season League Night #4

1. Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 on SH Tires @ Autopolis - Full Course - S01 Afternoon - (6 Laps)
2. Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V on RH Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa+Miyabi - S01 Afternoon - (6 Laps)
3. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior on RM Tires @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - C05 Evening - (6 Laps)

1669344823391.png
​
 
I have just a smidge over 200 cars and 4 of them I have a duplicate...and all of those are basically worthless and not worth selling.
 
For those in a credit crunch right now, the 1.26 update brought a lot of easy money events. You have the Road Atlanta circuit experience for a quick 1.2 mil and 2 25th anniversary events 20 minutes each, 3.6 million total.
 
Last edited:
Scoring sheets for 11/27 have been created

Driver lineup is unchanged, Starting grid for R1 is based off of current points standings:
1669602145830.png
 
Scores and votes done for D1.

Is there a plan to merge D1 and D2 for the december season ? If we add up both groups, we would have been a sizeable grid. Fun night nonetheless, the Honda mixed things up a bit but it will clearly be a ''one and done'' combo. +1 for the originality though !
 
Last edited:
Scores and votes done for D1.

Is there a plan to merge D1 and D2 for the december season ? If we add up both groups, we would have been a sizeable grid. Fun night nonetheless, the Honda mixed things up a bit but it will clearly be a ''one and done'' combo. +1 for the originality though !
Once again. There is a simple formula for the number of divisions.

19 drivers raced in November. Do 19 drivers fit in one lobby? That is the answer.
 
But never all at once. We never exceeded 16 drivers in both divisons in november. There has been a recent increase in D2 last october with a 12 driver grid but that dwindled very quickly. I was just wondering that's all.
 
But never all at once. We never exceeded 16 drivers in both divisons in november. There has been a recent increase in D2 last october with a 12 driver grid but that dwindled very quickly. I was just wondering that's all.
And what if they did show up and we only have one lobby? We are not into the idea of turning people away on race night. We are also not into creating new division mid-season.

Maybe a better idea would be to not ask for administration to make a change but encourage the drivers that are on the drivers list to show up and race.

Speaking for myself, and only for myself, better combos would draw me in to race.
 
I was not asking for a change I was just wondering if it was in the plans of the BoD.

It makes sense to keep two divisions. On another note, I hope that grid starts will bring some people back.
 
I wanted to race last night, but my time has been tight and work has been tiring, and I passed out on the couch at 9:00 last night. The Mazda is one of my favorite cars and am sad I missed it. Hope to get some more track time soon.
 
Back