◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,569 comments
  • 21,703,453 views
The point, if only to a broader audience, remains.

My apologies, though, AHP.
 
Fuji GT eh? Brace yourselves, the complaints about the penalty system are coming!
 
I've never driven that configuration. Please elaborate.

No penalty for using the tarmac on the outside of the GT corner (Dunlop on the track map)... It's quite fast out there 👎
 
Donating Nuvolari Quattro '03 to the prize vault.

This is a AWD car, but is fast and fun to drive. 581 ponnies with 1550 kg weight.

Enjoy !

Nevermind... Does not let me give it away :(

Shared to my buddies!
 
My prize A selection is the
2010_chevrolet_camaro_ss_rm__gran_turismo_5__by_vertualissimo-d5bii5y.jpg
by_vertualissimo
Chevrolet Camaro RM @ Fuji GT
picture.php
by_AMG.

Is this the same as the Chevy Camaro SS RM '10?

I think it is and at least i dont have to buy it, already have it brand new.....breaking it in B spec.
 
Last edited:
No penalty for using the tarmac on the outside of the GT corner (Dunlop on the track map)... It's quite fast out there 👎

But if you happen to mess up and run a tiny bit wide on any of the other corners, tough luck. :nervous:

Edit: Actuall pilmat I'm fairly sure there is a penalty for going wide on that corner, for the exit at least. Are you talking about the entrance? I've never seen anyone try that.
 
No penalty for using the tarmac on the outside of the GT corner (Dunlop on the track map)... It's quite fast out there 👎

But if you happen to mess up and run a tiny bit wide on any of the other corners, tough luck. :nervous:

Edit: Actuall pilmat I'm fairly sure there is a penalty for going wide on that corner, for the exit at least. Are you talking about the entrance? I've never seen anyone try that.

I guess I'm finally going to have to figure out how to approach a "Tilke" corner. A decreasing radius turn that heads over a rise blocking the view of the apex for the following 120-degree corner is my kryptonite.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more fun it's sounding :D
 
racefan78
But if you happen to mess up and run a tiny bit wide on any of the other corners, tough luck. :nervous:

Edit: Actuall pilmat I'm fairly sure there is a penalty for going wide on that corner, for the exit at least. Are you talking about the entrance? I've never seen anyone try that.

Maybe you're right... I'm thinking of a WRS race we ran a while back, but WRS doesn't use penalty. I'll check and confirm!
 
Here are a couple of pics of the new setup.

DB76p.jpg


lKMoM.jpg



It still needs some trim work done and I'm sure I will iron out some various bugs as I use it, but it will serve it's purpose for version 1.0.
 
Here are a couple of pics of the new setup.

It still needs some trim work done and I'm sure I will iron out some various bugs as I use it, but it will serve it's purpose for version 1.0.


Some trim work, huh? Any chance you'll be using orange basketball leather? :sly:
 
Where can I see who got promoted and demoted? Sorry, been away for a few.

Hey Higher, don't let the rabble rattle you :lol:

You were up for promotion to Division 2 and given there's space, that's where you'll race for October.

Hopefully your connection works out and Sony and PD get their poop in a pile.
 
Here are a couple of pics of the new setup.

It still needs some trim work done and I'm sure I will iron out some various bugs as I use it, but it will serve it's purpose for version 1.0.

Drink holders 👍 and nice little sub under the dash ;)

Looks cool bowler!
 
Drink holders 👍 and nice little sub under the dash ;)

Looks cool bowler!

That's not a sub, that's a fan. I got to keep my self cool while racing and there's nothing like a breeze up your shorts to do that.
 
that first race i wasnt driving with the right oil and the second one i staated on the wrong position.. so we didnt have a fight on that one XD

cant but on friday ill do a few races, you should do the endurance races on friday
 
D1 with the RM Camaro :)
 
okay, I'm finally caught up. Damn, this forum was active today. I'm off it for five hours and am all of a sudden 6 pages behind!

Anyway, here's my pick: I'd like to exchange the Aston Martin for an Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. That will be a blast at spa!
 
on these RM cars do we just make the rm mod an then don't touch the settings ? It'd be nice if we could go max down force for all these high speed turns :)
 
on these RM cars do we just make the rm mod an then don't touch the settings ?

That's correct, don't touch anything after you RM it.

It'd be nice if we could go max down force for all these high speed turns :)

Increasing (or decreasing) the downforce will prevent you from getting on the track with the 'Tuning Prohited' setting.
 
okay, I'm finally caught up. Damn, this forum was active today. I'm off it for five hours and am all of a sudden 6 pages behind!

Anyway, here's my pick: I'd like to exchange the Aston Martin for an Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. That will be a blast at spa!

This forum is busy every day. Check the post count. Good choice, btw.
 
Even better than the choice was the post itself! Easily the best looking prize selection post yet! :lol:

That's why they call him GOAT - Greatest Of All Tiiiiime!!

Nice choice GOAT!!! Like F better but GT works great too!!!
 
The Camaro is fun. Feels a lot like the DB9. Heavy, powerful, understeers but very predictable. The Fuji course will take a bit more to get to grips with. Ran a 1:38.xxx on the 6th lap with out break in. Tires should not be a problem. I expect the aliens will be running 1:31-1:32.

The Amuse is a machine. Fast handles well if a little twitchy. I think it is going to be a challenge to get the most out of it as it does not suffer mistakes lightly. But man it is fun and fast. Did not get a great lap in but was pulling 147mph out of Eau rouge:) only had a 2:21 to show for it. Tire wear may play a part as I was seeing some significant wear after 4 laps. I expect the aliens might hit 2:10.

Time for some breaking in:) look forward to some late night practicing this week.
 
My prize A selection is the
2010_chevrolet_camaro_ss_rm__gran_turismo_5__by_vertualissimo-d5bii5y.jpg
by_vertualissimo
Chevrolet Camaro RM @ Fuji GT
picture.php
by_AMG.

okay, I'm finally caught up. Damn, this forum was active today. I'm off it for five hours and am all of a sudden 6 pages behind!

Anyway, here's my pick: I'd like to exchange the Aston Martin for an Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. That will be a blast at spa!

Thanks for making your picks so quickly! It's especially helpful since Prize B replaces the car this week and we have two cars to break-in. 👍

Everyone please be sure to have both new cars broken-in by Wednesday night if you want to participate in the practice races.

Without further ado, the October 14th lineup has been posted!!


:gtpflag:
 
Anyone have any tips for Fuji? I cannot make it around some of those turns cleanly (well fast and cleanly)
.
 
zeromisfit999
Anyone have any tips for Fuji? I cannot make it around some of those turns cleanly (well fast and cleanly)
.

Same recipe as last week, practice practice, practice! Watch the throttle and dont hit any grass!
 
In fairness to AHP, cheeb moved him to the Associate SNAIL section of the Driver List, so he wasn't actually assigned to a division.

The point, if only to a broader audience, remains.

My apologies, though, AHP.

This is why I omitted AHP from my quote. Cause in all fairness, there are way to many questions that are easily found in the OP.
 
All F1 Grand Prix tracks! This week is gonna be awesome!
 
Back