◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Celebrating 15 YEARS of clean, competitive racing!!Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter zer05ive
  • 155,570 comments
  • 21,725,063 views
And Now…..The moment you’ve all been waiting for!! Or not, Lol.

The last time I won prize A I was sort of cautioned about using this track, but this Sunday we’re throwing caution to the wind my friends!

PRIZE A Selection
Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ‘87 on SM (507PP)
NEW in the UCD
Eiger Nordwand S02 Evening
Mid Division Lap Time 1:17

Backup Car:
Fairlady Z Version S(Z33) ‘07 on SH (525PP)
Mid Division Lap Time 1:17

With the Cosworth being New in the UCD I really hope we don’t have to use the backup car, cause this car is an absolute blast to drive here!
YESSS Group A! Let's go!!

@DublDee and other SNAILS, are you getting decent rotation with a wheel on the downhill section of the track? I've noticed that with a few cars I can't get much rotation on this section of track and the RS 500 is one of them (Old Maserati Spyder and 1987 Skyline are the others). I get much better rotation when using my DS5 though. Not sure if anyone else is having this same issue?
 
Last edited:
YESSS Group A! Let's go!!

@DublDee and other SNAILS, are you getting decent rotation with a wheel on the downhill section of the track? I've noticed that with a few cars I can't get much rotation on this section of track and the RS 500 is one of them (Old Maserati Spyder and 1987 Skyline are the others). I get much better rotation when using my DS5 though. Not sure if anyone else is having this same issue?
What wheel are you using? I haven’t noticed any issues but I’m using a Thrustmaster T300 and don’t ever try the controller tbh.
 
What wheel are you using? I haven’t noticed any issues but I’m using a Thrustmaster T300 and don’t ever try the controller tbh.
Interesting. I'm on a G29. I noticed if I pulse the brake and gas back and forth through the corner I'm able to find that extra rotation. Just feels, and probably looks, pretty weird.

@Marcus Garvey how did your race go last weekend? Would love to hear an update.
 
Last edited:
I have a problem with Eiger Nordwand and my PSVR2. The multiple switchbacks started to make me a little nauseous while practicing last night. This is the only course that has this effect on me.
 
I have a problem with Eiger Nordwand and my PSVR2. The multiple switchbacks started to make me a little nauseous while practicing last night. This is the only course that has this effect on me.
Yeah, I had a couple of uneasy moments when I did that Sport TT a couple weeks ago. Looking as far ahead in the twisties as you can helps.
 
I have a problem with Eiger Nordwand and my PSVR2. The multiple switchbacks started to make me a little nauseous while practicing last night. This is the only course that has this effect on me.

Yeah, I had a couple of uneasy moments when I did that Sport TT a couple weeks ago. Looking as far ahead in the twisties as you can helps.
Well Damn sorry guys , I didn’t intend for this! I really had no idea some tracks affect the VR like that. It’s probably too late but if need be I could choose a replacement track? Not even sure that’s allowed??
 
Well Damn sorry guys , I didn’t intend for this! I really had no idea some tracks affect the VR like that. It’s probably too late but if need be I could choose a replacement track? Not even sure that’s allowed??
We'll deal with it. Can't speak for Tex, but I got used to it fairly quickly.
 
Well Damn sorry guys , I didn’t intend for this! I really had no idea some tracks affect the VR like that. It’s probably too late but if need be I could choose a replacement track? Not even sure that’s allowed??
This is the only track that this has happened on so far. I will get some more practice laps in and try to build up a tolerance to it.
 
This is the only track that this has happened on so far. I will get some more practice laps in and try to build up a tolerance to it.
Use a controller if the psvr makes you feel unwell on certain tracks so you can enjoy racing
 
Coffee N Combos is up. A little late since we were watching F1 Qually

EDIT: Room closed. Watch for “Cocktails and Combos” this evening
 
Last edited:
I’m assuming the TBD for the few listed are to be the same as the others, ignore everything except walls and pylons? Also is this for GT6? Which is South clockwise Anyway, looking for official confirmation on the below
IMG_0349.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Cocktails and Combos is open. Title will be Snail Practice All Welcome, in hopes of better recruitment

EDIT: room closed
 
Last edited:
I’m assuming the TBD for the few listed are to be the same as the others, ignore everything except walls and pylons? Also is this for GT6? Which is South clockwise Anyway, looking for official confirmation on the below
View attachment 1383708
Tokyo sucks and should never be chosen as a track. I will have a look at the routes in question and provide boundaries tomorrow.
 
Tokyo sucks and should never be chosen as a track. I will have a look at the routes in question and provide boundaries tomorrow.
Then why is it on the list?
Wasn’t my pick just wanted clarification!
 
Last edited:
Yes it is. I'm allowed to have an opinion as long as I don't force it on anyone else. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like it and that's fine too.

That track is actually the reason I have been available to race last week and this week but did not and will not.
 
Last edited:
The drivers list and grid list are updated for this week's racing.

@arethosetacos has been added to the list.

The below text has been added to the track boundary section for Tokyo South Clockwise:

  • South Clockwise - All painted lines, areas, rumble strips are to be ignored as track boundaries except through the chicane section. The only boundaries to the track are the walls with the exception of the chicane section near the end of the lap. Standard SNAIL track boundaries will apply through the chicane. Reminder that the yellow part behind the red / white rumble strip is not considered part of the track.
 
Scoresheets for 20240825 have been created.
 
I have a problem with Eiger Nordwand and my PSVR2. The multiple switchbacks started to make me a little nauseous while practicing last night. This is the only course that has this effect on me.
VR seems to be very hit and miss with nausea. My neighbour can't last 30 seconds, where I have had no problem, including the Eiger track. Some have suggested working into it. And there's always 'pancake' mode. :D:cheers:
 
Yeah but, pancake mode suuuucks big giant donkey balls now. I might have actually only driven once in pancake since I got VR.
 
2024-08-25 Combos.jpg

I'm back from my short trip in NYC so I thought it was fitting to use a New York city scape.
I absolutely didn't have time to practice this week so I'll be practicing tonight for sure. I'll join in at around 7:30. See you there !
 
Yeah but, pancake mode suuuucks big giant donkey balls now. I might have actually only driven once in pancake since I got VR.
I've had the PSVR2 since it came out, and this is the first time that I've felt nauseated. I put in some practice laps today, and felt fine.
 
Room up yet? Added a few friends from last time and haven’t seen any up!
 
Last edited:
Back