- 8,236

- the land of green, hills, rocks & whiskey
- Dragonwhisky
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 0 incidents on file.
Banner by GamingPete
I’m curious, both combos 1 and 3 have 6 votes. What is the tie breaker in that situation ?
From my understanding too. Combo 3 would be eliminated instead of combo 1.From my understanding, @arethosetacos , being the prize A winner gets his vote removed from the tally, therefore his vote towards Combo 1 is removed. Meaning Combo 1 is at 5 votes while combo 3 remains at 6 votes.
Could be wrong.
It will change the outcome of seeing the AMG GT GT3 die instead of the Evo.
Only if you vote for combo 2 or 3. 😂Can I vote now? I should voted before I left but I liked them all.
I'm not a fan of adding TCS or stability control into the mix. I struggle with controlling the cars alot at the moment, but I'd rather learn to get better than go back to using TCS. Perhaps the stock tire idea would be best, after trying combo 1 out with SH and CS I see what they mean. Less of a pendulum effect in turns, more of a consistent slide. No harm in trying out both systems (stock tires & hp based) before making a decision though. If you were to take your own road car to the track would you not put a set of upgraded tires on it? Take my suggestions for what they're worth, which ain't much, because I have a fraction of the experience most of the other drivers here have.500 hp cars aren't accessible to begin with. We could allow TCS and stability control in D2 or even in D1 to compensate instead of using unrealistic tires that mostly ruin the handling.
Don’t worry for a minute, all is forgiven it was just a racing incident. Stuff happens !Niagara's weekly "What I Saw" column.
241110 Edition:
9 drivers took to the grid in D1 and 8 drivers took the grid in D2 this past Sunday. So a few more than the prior week.
I offer a huge congrats to Snail in general for hitting the 5,000 page mark in this chat.
Combo 1:
We all have our own preferences and tastes but to me, this Combo, as selected by @Nicktune, ranks into my top five of 2024. Never once was I alone on the track and I spent the entire two races looking at the road, my rearview mirror and the radar simultaneously because it felt like cars in bunches to me.
View attachment 1404560
With the exception of a couple of spots, this car and track was pretty forgiving. You can go slightly off and recover without too much time loss. But @racingchamp30 came into T1 a little too hot on this occasion.
View attachment 1404561
@A_Higher_Place leads @DublDee and the rest of the pack down the long straight in C1R1. Those two seemed to really have a blast together for several laps. Meanwhile, @Kgffy looks to be abusing his tires and brakes in the background.
View attachment 1404563
Cars in bunches coming out of the sharp right in C1R2.
View attachment 1404564
@Xradkins , @Dragonwhisky , myself and @racingchamp30 made a great foursome for the majority of C1R2. At some point, we'd lose @Dragonwhisky but managed to pull in @Kgffy into the fun. This 4 car battle lasted from lap 4 until the final lap 9.
View attachment 1404566
Our foursome would exchange positions and battle for that 3rd step on the podium until the very end.
View attachment 1404569
Combo 2:
Reply shows I accidentally bumped @Worst_Driver not once but twice at T1 of C2R1. Sorry about that @Worst_Driver
View attachment 1404570
A shot of @A_Higher_Place leading a few other drivers but I draw your attention to @DublDee in the background going "slightly" off the track at the lefthander after the corkscrew.
View attachment 1404571
If I'm in a battling @Worst_Driver on the last lap of a race, one of two things happened. Either, 1) I had the race of my life or 2) He had a race he'd like to forget. I'll let you guys ponder that one.
View attachment 1404572
I get a chuckle out of seeing cars wreck cones, advertisement boards or anything else. @Kgffy is taking out this marker at the last turn of Leguna Seca.
View attachment 1404573
Combo 3:
Group shot coming out of T1 in C3R1.
View attachment 1404574
@A_Higher_Place , in his AMG Virtual Championship livery leading @Worst_Driver and @Nicktune in Combo 3, while @Dragonwhisky opts for the longer line of the lefthander on the back straight at SPA. Good luck in your series tomorrow @A_Higher_Place .
View attachment 1404575
That's how I interpreted the races last Sunday.
Lastly, if I had to give my 2 cents on the chatter about tire compounds, I think the easiest system would be to follow the stock tires. I acknowledge that I lack the experience to properly weight in on the subject but it certainly makes for easy tire determination in my opinion.
Thanks for your patience and see you at the Car-Show.
-Niagara
Good call out! I've corrected the results post to reflect the correct tie-breaker implementationI’m curious, both combos 1 and 3 have 6 votes. What is the tie breaker in that situation ?
Does your freeze still apply ? @zer05ive has corrected the results and combo 3 got eliminated.Freeze car @JamCar0ne
Le no. I choose to freeze track instead then @JamCar0neDoes your freeze still apply ? @zer05ive has corrected the results and combo 3 got eliminated.
Since the Results post has been corrected please reselect your pick.Freeze car @JamCar0ne
Thanks for bringing this up! 👍I’m curious, both combos 1 and 3 have 6 votes. What is the tie breaker in that situation ?
Correct.If there is a tie, we will remove the Prize A winner's vote from the tally. If doing so does not break the tie, we will remove the Prize B winner's vote from the tally. If there is still a tie, we will remove the Prize C winner's vote from the tally. It's unlikely that there would still be a tie after that because it would mean that all three prize winners voted to eliminate the most popular combo of the night. However, if that does happen, we will start removing votes of the remaining division winners, starting with the highest adjusted score and going down from there.
You ain't wrong.From my understanding, @arethosetacos , being the prize A winner gets his vote removed from the tally, therefore his vote towards Combo 1 is removed. Meaning Combo 1 is at 5 votes while combo 3 remains at 6 votes.
Could be wrong.
Ahh, but you do know.Post in thread 'SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-olr-policies-and-guidelines.332619/post-12630910
I think combo 3 was to be eliminated. Idk
You are correctFrom my understanding too. Combo 3 would be eliminated instead of combo 1.
And thanks for the explanation @Oshawa-Joe
We've put some visual aids in place in the file @zer05ive uses to generate the results post to aid in identifying ties and adjusting as needed. We are not nearly smart enough to adjust the current scripted algorithms to take into account how we currently assign prizes.
See above.It will change the outcome of seeing the AMG GT GT3 die instead of the Evo.
But stuff happens, I was just curious about how ties were broken its nothing against the amazing work of @zer05ive of course.
Voting closes at 8:00PM Eastern on the Monday after racing is completed, which is the deadline for all scoring, votes and replays to be posted in their respective locations.Can I vote now? I should voted before I left but I liked them all.
👍Good call out! I've corrected the results post to reflect the correct tie-breaker implementation
No, it does not. He will have to redo his pick or confirm he still wants to freeze the track, and the timer is ticking for @JamCar0ne and @arethosetacos to pick or acknowledge they will. I'm showing that timer expires at 11:15 Eastern tonight. In 3 hours.Does your freeze still apply ? @zer05ive has corrected the results and combo 3 got eliminated.
Nothing changes until december season, so your pick would be on the current formula if I’m correctI acknowledge I have until 11:15 E to make a pick. What tire chart do I use? The proposed one will limit what cars I look at.
Current tire regs are still in effect.I acknowledge I have until 11:15 E to make a pick. What tire chart do I use? The proposed one will limit what cars I look at.
I vote for this.Prize A suggestion:
CHC 1967 CHEVY NOVA (551.43pp) at Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course - 10:15 Fine Weather